Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Wal-Mart Tiki?

Pages: 1 2 64 replies

I've been looking for the Wal Mart garden Tiki that someone mentioned. Has anyone else been able to find it? Nobody in the stores knows what I am talking about.

T

I believe that person was from Canada. I haven't seen any in my Wal-Mart in Los Angeles County.

Havn't been able to find the red Tiki shirt mention elsewhere, yet, but will keep looking.

Hey NJtikiboy, I've been looking too with no results, not even a shelf tag or a mention of it on the diagram Wal-Mart stockers when they load the shelves.
Slacks Ferret noted:

The tag on the bottom says it is by Garden Trend and it is made in China and Imported by Wal-Mart Canada Corp

The only other TCer to report it is Tikiwahine, also Canadian. Yikes, I smell a Canada-only deal for the moment. Did I mention I love Canadians? I bet you do too.
Seriously, if someone who has this tiki would post it's UPC # (the 12 digit # under the bar code), we might be able to find out something by having a Wal-Mart service desk employee punch in those numbers. Btw, I asked in another thread whether it had been spotted in the US and got no responses. I've also googled garden trend tiki and found nothing.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:59 ]

Hi all,

Yes it was I who mentioned the garden Tiki I found at Wal-mart. It's a biggun' too! About 26"! I think it's pretty cool...

The numbers on the UPC are: 0 14397 26140 1

Hope that helps.

Hey, if someone wanted to trade for something cool (tiki mug?), I might be willing to track another one down and ship it....just a thought.

PM me!

slacks, thanks for the tip

C

& I'll be up in Winnipeg in a couple of months for work, so if there are any TCers there who would be willing to pick one up for me to get then, just send along a personal message.
:drink:

Here's the one I found at my local Walmart:

Unfortunately, it was the only one there. I was planning on going back tonight, but just realized that it's 10pm and the place has already closed!

If I find any more, I'll report back. He sure looks great out there in the garden.

I first saw these guys on the Design Toscano website selling for around $99US!

Great Minds Drink Alike

[ Edited by: tikiwahine 2008-04-20 22:14 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:59 ]

That tiki looks fabulous! Unfortunately, for many many reasons, I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart.

Walmart is EVIL!

But they have cheap T.P. and Tiki

Slacks Ferret, thanks for the UPC #. I emailed Wal-Mart.com about getting those tikis or shipping them to stores or persons in the US. Then I called Wal-Mart customer service in Bentonville, AR about getting the tikis shipped to US stores or individuals in the US. No answer yet; the woman on the phone said it was an unusual request (I know its come up before in toy collecting circles) and she'd talk to someone who'd get back to me. We'll see.

Aloha Tikiwahine,

Mahalo for posting the pic. I haven't got my digi-camera yet... It's a wedding gift and that's still a week or so off...

Wow, we are of one mind. I also called Wally mart and asked about shipping them. Still awaiting answer. WM is evil but I want to snap this up before Design Toscano puts and end to it.

I just got a form email back from Wal-Mart promising to answer my question in full. I'm skeptical. I hope this was not a case of Toscano selling catalog overstock to Wal-Mart, in which case it might be a one-time thing. One piece of data that might be useful is if the item is still in Toscano's catalog or not. And yes, Wal-Mart is evil but at 3AM when I have the time to work on my house and need something or other, I sure am glad they are open.

K

On 2004-07-29 10:50, cynfulcynner wrote:
That tiki looks fabulous! Unfortunately, for many many reasons, I refuse to shop at Wal-Mart.

Word!

[ Edited by: kingslod on 2004-07-29 19:50 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:00 ]

I got this back from walmart.com. Its not much help:

Thank you for contacting us at Walmart.com. Your comments and questions
are very important to us as we strive to meet your needs.

We are writing to let you know that at this time, we do not carry the
Garden Trends Tiki that you requested. We have forwarded your request
to
the appropriate Walmart.com merchandising manager, who will consider
adding this item, or a similar one, to our online assortment in the
future.

You may wish to see if your local Wal-Mart store carries this product.
To contact a Wal-Mart store near you, use our Store Finder on our home
page at http://www.walmart.com.

We would also like you to know that unfortunately, Walmart.com does not
have access to the inventory of individual stores. We only have access
to the items carried online.

Walmart.com delivers all orders via the shipping option of your choice,
straight to your door or to another delivery address that you enter
during "Checkout".

Unfortunately, we are unable to ship most orders to a local Wal-Mart
Store, with the exception of Photo Center items, tires and contacts.
You
may place orders for Photo Center items, tires and contacts, then pick
them up at a Wal-Mart Store of your choice.

If we may be of further assistance, please email us at
[email protected],
or call us at 1-800-966-6546. We're here to serve you from 7:00 AM EST
to 2:00 AM EST, 7 days a week!

Sincerely,
Janet
Customer Service at Walmart.com

Original Message Follows:
I'd like to find a Wal-Mart Garden Trends tiki UPC: 0
14397 26140 1, which is available in Wal-Mart lawn and garden centers
in
Canada. The problem is, I live in Kansas. Will this item be carried
either at walmart.com or in Wal-Mart stores in the United States? Can I
get one shipped to my local Wal-Mart store so that I may purchase it?

No tiki at Walmart last night.

I will of course check each and every time I have to endure the crowds of, ahem, white trash.

Please excuse my Canadian slang. I assure you that it means something entirely different than what you're used to. Maybe.
And besides, I shop there too. And I aint too in-bred! (cue dueling banjos)

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-07-30 11:41 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:02 ]

tikijackalope, thanks for the info! At least we know where WalMart's head is at on this.

I found this tiki at Tascano http://www.designtoscano.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=1455&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=1455 for $49.95 before shipping. Was it significantly cheaper at WalMart?

I found this tiki at Tascano http://www.designtoscano.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=1455&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=1455 for $49.95 before shipping. Was it significantly cheaper at WalMart?

Hey Silverline, I'd say it was significantly cheaper. It was only $30 Canuck bucks. That's like $20 US...

-Slacks

This may only apply for fellow Canajuns but...

I found another resin garden tiki at Wal-Mart today. It's by "Mainstays Garden" and it's called a "Totem mask figurine". It's about 13" tall and there were 2 other styles which looked more totem pole-esque to me. This one definately passes for tiki in my mind.

I'll post a pic later. Just wanted to give you folks (who don't mind supporting the evil empire) a heads up...

Wow, I just bought that same tiki at The Christmas Tree Shop for seven dollars.

I guess it pays to wait a couple of years. I bought two.

Thanks for the heads up Slacks! I might check it out tonight.

Heads up Canajun tiki fans:

There's yet another Sprawl-Mart resin tiki for the garden season. This one is of a more traditional Ku design and it's eyes light up. Solar-eyes. Yes, it's cheezy. Yes, I bought one.

Pics soon!

Well, I'd better check that out!

Yep, bought one too. Pretty cheap, actually! It sits proudly guarding my balcony among the tiki torches and string of plastic tiki lanterns. I'll post a photo if Slacks doesn't beat me to it, although it'll probably be a day or too before the solar battery is charged enough to capture it in all its glowing-eyed glory!

checked 2 walmarts in the chicago area and they have nothin!!!...guess this is gonna be another situation like home depot where all the tikis are offered on the west coast and none in the midwest....

looks like we miss out again.....

Hey Brando...

How'd you get the top off to remove the stub off the battery?

-Slacks

Stub...? I don't think I removed a stub... I got the whole solar panel/battery pack out from the top, but I didn't take anything off like that. Maybe I should?

R

On 2008-04-15 19:46, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
checked 2 walmarts in the chicago area and they have nothin!!!...guess this is gonna be another situation like home depot where all the tikis are offered on the west coast and none in the midwest....

looks like we miss out again.....

I was bored at lunch so checked the local Walmart here in Richmond VA. No tiki to be found

This is the tiki in question. I'm guessing it's about 18" tall. It sat out in the sun all day but it seems to have vitually no charge. It may be that I have to wait till dark. Still, no stub. Should there be a stub?

According to the instruction sheet, there is a small stub in the battery compartment that needs to be removed. I still havent't done that yet because I can't get the #^&K'n thing off the top of the head...but I haven't given up...

I would imagine once you get the stupid thing out, the stub would be located right where the batteries make the positive pole connection. That would then need to be removed.

Hmmm... I didn't see a stub, nor did I spend much time looking at the instructions. To get the top off, I just got my nails in under it and pulled up slowly. Don't worry about breaking the top; it's pretty sturdy. Too bad it doesn't seem to get that bright. Oh well, it's fun and cheap!

Hmmm... I didn't see a stub, nor did I spend much time looking at the instructions. To get the top off, I just got my nails in under it and pulled up slowly. Don't worry about breaking the top; it's pretty sturdy. Too bad it doesn't seem to get that bright. Oh well, it's fun and cheap!

Well, I don't know how that happened!

I just came across some Tiki products at a Walmart in Las Vegas...there could be more in other states but not sure!

I hope this helps!

Oh. My. God.

As much as I hate MallWart I think I have to check out my local store.

On 2008-04-19 20:53, TikiMaster wrote:
I just came across some Tiki products at a Walmart in Las Vegas...there could be more in other states but not sure!

I hope this helps!

Is that really at a Walmart?!?!?!

We definitely don't have a set-up like that up here!

On a slightly unrelated note, I just wanted everyone to see what it looks like in Edmonton today. Look at my poor tiki now! Looks like Wal-Mart jumped the gun a little on rolling out this season's garden supplies...

Big mistake. Now I know where you live.

well...duh!!! ......of course walmart of hawaii has a whole tiki display!!!!! good luck finding a walmart that has tikis like that on the mainland......

On 2008-04-20 13:06, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
Big mistake. Now I know where you live.

That could be anywhere...

[ Edited by: Brandomoai 2008-04-20 14:06 ]

H

On 2008-04-20 13:13, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
well...duh!!! ......of course walmart of hawaii has a whole tiki display!!!!! good luck finding a walmart that has tikis like that on the mainland......

You didn't carefully read the post. According to Tiki Master, it is a Walmart in Las Vegas with a Tiki display.

On 2008-04-19 20:53, TikiMaster wrote:
I just came across some Tiki products at a Walmart in Las Vegas...

The socks at WalMart are pretty good.

Pages: 1 2 64 replies