Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Best Wishes to Florida Ohana...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 148 replies

Any of you TCer's outside of Florida want to trade house till after hurricane season is over.

I'm getting very tired of cleaning shit up and boarding up my windows.

I am however very lucky, fortunate or blessed though. My house and person has made it through all of these just fine.

Hey who needs electricity anyhow. I had a candle, ice and rum, and a spirograph which I made fancy hurricane drawlings with. I like to drawl. Maybe I will post a pic of my Spirograph drawling latter.

I will also be making a hurricane suit soon which I will post pics of. It will consist of bubble wrap, football helmut with AM radio and attena attached, water tank, and a fan on the back to hold me upright in severe winds. Be warned this idea is patent pending.

Ok I will shut up now.

Well i just got back yesterday from Florida, we had a blast on the Tiki Boat it is soo sick, and the Mai Kai was the bomb. Luckily we took Bamboo Ben's advice and went the day before for happy hour, and chilled and had dinner by the outside waterfalls and tons of tikis, the place is truly amazing. Went to the Raddison vending and night show, that was fun too.... Bought way too much stuff. The next day we had to evacute the Bahaia on saturday morning and go to Miami for a lockdown in our room. We just continued parting and watched the hurricane news on 2/3rds of the tv channels. We were spose to go to the MaiKai second show but it got cancelled. Had to transfer flights and do a layover in Houston that made our flight even longer. Then to come home and forget where we parked and left my parking ticket in my car, DOH!!! We finally found it.... All and all we had a great time until the hurricane.
I will be posting a photo page from our trip soon on this & other posts.
Thanks for a great time considering everything..

M
B

Hello everybody, the BenZart family is fine. No electricity, but someone just let us borrow a generator. We hope everyone else is okay. Hope SoCal enjoyed the rest of Hukilau...sorry we couldn't stay and enjoy all the festivites with you all. Will be back online as soon as possible. I am posting this from my wife's work. Take Care
BenZart

B

Fianlly, WE HAVE POWER!. Almost 8 days later. That is a total of a half a month with no electric.
New parts coming for the computer. tons of screen to install, but at least I have a house to install it onto which is more than a lot of locals can say.
I hope this thread dies now. there is going to be NO more need of it I hope.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 148 replies