Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Cigar Boxes Anyone?

Pages: 1 32 replies

B

I have noticed folks making cool things out of boxes like purses and, ...well, decorated boxes. Anyway, I have a whole bunch of nice wood cigar boxes that I had saved from back when I used to indulge in that particular vice more regularly, (back when I lived near Ybor City "The Cigar Capital of the U.S." and before the dawn of Cigar Asphyxianado and before it became the fad that it did).

Anyway, being the pack-rat that I am, I saved all the boxes (and all the bands too, but I want to keep those) thinking they would be cool to do something with. Now I have more ideas than time and I realize that not only will I not get around to making something out of these boxes, I need the space desperately. So rather than donate them to the thrift store, or worse, chuck them in the trash, I'd like to offer them to any creative Tiki fanatic here on Tiki Central who would make something cool with them. All you have to do is pay for the shipping and they are yours. Oh, and you have to send me pictures of what you do with them.

So who's interested? Flounder? Anybody?

-Duke

i might be interested in some. are they just from the u.s.?

B

Thanks Duke, I would Definately want some. I'll PM you my addy

B

There are several kinds and sizes. Mostly larger, "Churchill" size. Honduran, Dominican– an assortment. Some were for torpedo or pyramid sized cigars so the boxes are a funky trapezoidal shape. Ben, send me your address and I'll put a bunch in a box to ship out. How many do you want? You want them all? I'd rather get rid of as many as possible at once, rather than pack up several shipments and make a bunch of trips to the Post Office. Come one! Come all! Step right up and get yer big load of free boxes before Amy kills me for hoarding all this stuff! Who knows what I might have to get rid of next? This baby of ours is requiring all kinds of space.

B

Yes, go ahead and send them all to me. If anyone else wants some I'll send them out

Ben you greedy bastard! LOL

I would definitely like as many as I them as I can get. Maybe we could split them.

Let me know Ben & Duke...

I'll pay shipping as well.
Thanks

S

I'm in if there are a few left. Let me know about shipping to Calif, etc. and Thanks!

B

Hey FLOUNDER, now you want all my boxes too??
Really I don't mind splitting them with you but you gotta come down here to get them..
Or I don't care if Duke wants to split them thats OK, I just thought it would be easier to ship in 1 bundle, depending on the size. I'm for the easiest way for all around.

B

OK, they are all spoken for. Ben, TikiChris and Flounder get some and I still have a few for spy-tiki if you would like them. I need your address, and yours Flounder if you want me to send them directly to you. Otherwise, I can send the Florida boys one big box to one address and you two can get together and thumb wrestle over them. Just let me know. Hey! this is kinda' like that freecycle thing that dogbytes posted. Anybody need any baby clothes size newborn to 3 months or 3 to 6 months? Logan just turned 6 months and he's a big boy so we have clothes he's already outgrown. Oh, wait. Amy already gave most of those to her cousin who's expecting.

B

Flounder , I'll split what ever TikiChris and Spytiki leave for us. I know you will turn them into beutiful FLounder art boxes. See there I'm only a Little greedy bastard, but I love it. Haha

boutiki, would you let me know when you need more room and want to unload your mugs?

:wink:

On 2004-08-17 18:05, McDougall wrote:
boutiki, would you let me know when you need more room and want to unload your mugs?

Yeah I'll take half of those also.

M
Moki posted on Tue, Aug 17, 2004 6:35 PM

Cigar purses by Flounder!!?? Can I be on the list for one of those? I can send you some bamboo handles too.

:drink:
AKA:Mrs. OnaTiki

B

Sure I'll putnyou on the list 'kay Flounder??
Moki what kind of bamboo handles do you have?

"Yeah I'll take half of those also."

Back off Bub, I got here first. But I may trade a few for one of your painted cigar box's.

OK that's it!!! I call dibs on everything.

Damn!

M
Moki posted on Tue, Aug 17, 2004 7:37 PM

Ben,
Bamboo handles, last I checked were in two styles. Complete round circles and "C" style that had screws or little "links". I'll check on them tomorrow. Do you want me to get you some? I don't think they were too pricey. Like $6 or $7 for a pair. On the cigar boxes you can probably just use one.

[ Edited by: Moki on 2004-08-17 19:38 ]

Flounder, I would like the C style handle on my box please.

On 2004-08-17 19:44, McDougall wrote:
Flounder, I would like the C style handle on my box please.

You'll get a European carry-all with a flowered strap and like it!

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-08-17 20:31 ]

Here's some I'm working on for Hukilau sans the bamboo handles.

M
Moki posted on Tue, Aug 17, 2004 8:50 PM

WOW!!
As amazing as I expected. 8)

T

If people want the cigar boxes let me know, I have a local store that is really nice about giving them away.

T

On 2004-08-17 20:36, FLOUNDERart wrote:
Here's some I'm working on for Hukilau sans the bamboo handles.

Flounder how you doing? Been putting those boxes to use?

Yeah. Thanks Tiki-Toa.

Toa was kinda enough to send me a mess of boxes to paint on.

V

I really love the tiki smoking cigar, 2 of my favorite things...

T

On 2004-08-18 03:26, FLOUNDERart wrote:
Yeah. Thanks Tiki-Toa.

Toa was kinda enough to send me a mess of boxes to paint on.

Still need more? I asked my wife to stop in at the bookstore and ask for some if they have them. Let me know.

I'll take as many as I can get!

B

On 2004-08-17 18:05, McDougall wrote:

Actually, we do have a lot of doubles and extra mugs and stuff that we need to let live somewhere else soon. I was trying to think of a fun way besides ebay to get these mugs into other collector's homes and make a buck or two. Very soon I'll have to begin the "College-fund-sale-a-thon" or we'll never be able to afford to send the little guy to school. All proceeds will go directly into the 529 plan. I'll have to see what I can come up with– I prefer to trade, but many of the doubles are not very rare and therefore not likely to yield the mugs we want for our collection.

I just got the boxes packed up along with my suitcase for the trip to Atlanta. I'll try to email you guys who wanted boxes before I take off. If not, then I'll ask Amy to do it.
-Duke

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:11 ]

T

Duke I think those mugs need to stay in the Mid-West,so as soon as you get back I will be down to get them and help you make room. :wink: And help support the Lil-Big Man's college fund.

B

On 2004-08-18 17:47, TNTiki wrote:
Duke:

Are you bringing your special mugs to the book signing at Tiki Torch Nights in Atlanta?

Yes. I'll have about a dozen of the Tiki Quest mugs with me. That's about as many as I can carry on the plane.

Hope to see you there!
-Duke

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:11 ]

Pages: 1 32 replies