Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

SHAG PRINTS now on sale! check it out now! Now I say!!!!

Pages: 1 2 47 replies

Just bought mine!

On 2004-08-20 10:29, cynfulcynner wrote:

Just bought mine!

Well, I've just enquired about postage to the UK and stuff. No doubt the sale will go through fairly swiftly!

Trader Woody

M

Just Paid for mine...

They're kinda small, any ideas on how to frame them?

T

On 2004-08-20 20:53, MauiTiki wrote:
Just Paid for mine...

May I suggest Frame Fetish.

I think I'll get a mat with four openings, and put them all in one frame.

M

I think I'll get a mat with four openings, and put them all in one frame.

Agreed, I think I'm framing mine the same way. Black or white matte?

May I suggest Frame Fetish.

Thanks for that suggestion, TT - wow, he does some amazing stuff!

Yes he does, if I was a huge Shag fan that is where I would take em, he just makes them even more vaulable by his framing and a bigger statement art wise on your wall.

On 2004-08-21 07:21, MachTiki wrote:
Agreed, I think I'm framing mine the same way. Black or white matte?

Probably black -- I'm not going to decide for sure until i see 'em in the flesh.

I've been thinking about the framing and the most cost effective way. I hate the fact that the frame cost's more than the art, so I checked out my local frame shop.

A 20" x 30" frame is pretty standard, and you can pick up a nice one off the shelf in a variety of woods and thicknesses. My thought is to buy an off the shelf frame and Pay to have the Matte cut. This would be much cheaper than having the frame shop do everything with a custom size frame.

I tested some layouts to see what would fit the 20" x 30" size.

This was my first idea. and would require a single matte. I've seen this Matte board with a fiber texture that I thought would look nice with this Tiki theme.

Then I thought if it were to be hung vertical, then there would be room to double matte them for a nicer effect...

I tried offsetting them but I'm not sure I like it as well...

I'll have to come up with exact measurements, but I'm sure i can get the matte cut at a bargain price.

MauiTiki

[ Edited by: MauiTiki on 2004-08-25 22:17 ]

T

Nice work MauiTiki. I can't wait to get my prints framed. I think I 'll be using your first picture (if that's o.k?).

I got mines! Let's see if I can actually get around to framing my own stuff.

On 2004-08-25 22:14, MauiTiki wrote:

Hey, Black Flag style! Like it!

Trader Woody

On 2004-08-25 22:14, MauiTiki wrote:

I liked this one best.

I finally got these framed and I have to give my props to MauiTiki for the layout idea. They look awesome!

Here's a close-up of the frame:

E
earlb posted on Wed, Dec 8, 2004 2:46 PM

Aloha, I still see the Banner for the way cool Shag Tiki Prints, are there still some available for us newbies that are considerign siging up as a Grand Master et al?

Thanks much,
Earl B.

Yes, there are plenty left.

At some point Shag and Otto are going to announce it on their lists, and so I'm expecting them to sell out sooon.

Hanford

On 2004-12-08 15:02, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Yes, there are plenty left.

At some point Shag and Otto are going to announce it on their lists, and so I'm expecting them to sell out sooon.

Hanford

Or you can buy a set on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=360&item=3775716791&rd=1

[ Edited by: mrtikibar on 2005-01-14 23:02 ]

T

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:03 ]

B

I was just wondering how much the prints are going for. Thank you.
Bob

The sets are going for $80.00 plus postage.
Check the top of this thread for details.

B

Thanks for the price. I am not a grand member yet and have been thinking about it. I am going to have to do it now. Thanks
Bob

On 2005-01-14 17:21, tikichic wrote:
Good eye!

Unfortunately it doesn't really surprise me with this seller. It's a recurring theme with our own Jax Tiki/pigport. A few threads have popped up over the years regarding this

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6452&forum=5

He supposedly 'buys two and sells one' of any Shag print that he can get his hands on, so how did he manage to get two of these? We're only allowed the one!

Shakes head and mutters a few choice obscenities under his breath

Trader Woody

I'm still interested, thought I don't see the banner. Can I still order?

you can find the ordering link by going to
the "grand member" forum and clicking
the appropriate post from hanford....
just ordered mine...finally....assuming
the link would be discontinued otherwise.
good luck.

For some reason I'm blocked from ordering. I get some frustating loop. Hoping for help.

JT

"I'll do what I want, gosh!" N.D.

Cough Bottomfeeder.

Edit->
Actually, now that you're here, how did you manage to get two sets of prints? Who do you think you're kidding? Hanford? Tiki Central? You're allowed one set and if that's truly the only one you've bought, then selling it for profit on eBay is wholly contrary to the spirit of Tiki Central.

It's a good place to make an easy buck off others decency, but one thing is for certain - you'll never sup the fine rums at the Lono Lounge.

Trader Woody

[ Edited by: Trader Woody on 2005-01-18 14:07 ]

JT

I only have one set of prints, but if your the high bidder, I'll throw in a toothbrush free of charge. I can send a photo in case you've never seen one before.

On 2005-01-18 15:02, Jax Tiki wrote:
I'll throw in a toothbrush free of charge. I can send a photo in case you've never seen one before.

Ah......you see......I'm English, so he's doing a (very old) anti-Brit joke! I wish I was black just to see what kind of shite he'd come out with then.

Listen pal - you're taking from Tiki, giving nothing & if you feel happy about that then I pity you.

Trader Woody

Remember Ol Jax is the same one who sprinted past securty guards, over old ladies in wheel chairs, knocked down small children, and stepped on helpless kittens to buy a shag original at the first Disneyland Shag event in 2003. It was avarice and greed at its worst (no he was not the only one).

Had no scruples about selling it ASAP either. The final auction price was something like $6000 or more?

To each their own yes, but the bad voodoo is on you JAX. Weve seen it over and over again. To take advantage of something that was supposed to be exclusive and a benefit to us really sucks.

My guess is that Hanford was not intending this to be a high bidder free for all. If that was the case, he could have skipped a general release to all of us and simply listed them one at a time on ebay himself.

Lame

B

My set has more inimitable worth than I could ever get for it on Ebay, but I suppose its value is in the eye of the beholder. At least now we can 'justify' the investment to family members that feel we need to be put into a tiki intervention program.

B
K
Kono posted on Fri, Feb 11, 2005 9:31 AM

Look at page 4 and especially page 5 of the Grand Member list.

http://www.tikicentral.com/bb_memberlist.php?&start=150&sortby=&ur=1

Quite a few Grand Members with 0 or very few posts. Would they have sent the $24 to Hanford if it weren't for the Shag prints? We'll likely see more of them turn up on ebay in the future. The sellers should give Tiki Central 20% of the final bid.

On 2005-02-11 09:31, Kono wrote:
Quite a few Grand Members with 0 or very few posts. Would they have sent the $24 to Hanford if it weren't for the Shag prints? We'll likely see more of them turn up on ebay in the future. The sellers should give Tiki Central 20% of the final bid.

To be fair, a good proportion of these people may have been alerted to the existence of Tiki Central by the eBay sales. Hopefully they will check it out, realise it's their kind of place, and start posting. That's the silver lining of the cloud of these prints going on eBay.
Time will tell whether they are carpetbaggers or not.

Trader Woody

JT
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.