Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Cal Worthington and his dog Spot

Pages: 1 23 replies

who or what is your "and his" style sidekick?

Satan's Sin's Giant Insect Sidekick removes troublesome block-party organizers from his property.

I'll take a Tiger for $300, Alex!

great, now I have that song stuck in my head.

Go see Cal greatest hits (Real player video):

http://www.tvparty.com/g2e/calworthingtonloud.ram

Does anyone remember Felix Chevrolet in Downtown LA? I don't know if they are still there.
"One of the oldest dealerships in Los Angeles - maybe in the country - opening the showroom doors in 1921."
Real player video:
http://www.tvparty.com/tv3/felixchevrolet.ram

Sure, Felix Chevorlet...and Bob Spreen Cadillac, "A beauiful place to lease or buy a beautiful car....where the freeways meet in Downey"

Oh oh oh...how about the alcoholic (said affectionaltly) hacks who did the Carpeteria adds?

and Eddie from Zachery-all

eeeek

Or or...the LA T-Birds? That famous match race between Ralph Baladeros, and Ronny Psycho Reins...that was REAL sport. Mark Spitz...he's still a nobody

[ Edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-09-30 13:09 ]

The scary thing about that Cal Worthington video is that as soon as I heard the first few words of each verse, my mind immediately supplied the rest of the rhyme as if I had heard it yesterday. Damn! The stuff that's stored away in my sub-conscious. That "Big Fig Newton" song on the other thread was stored in there too and I didn't even know it.

T

Cal Worthington! Oh man - that really takes me back... The Felix Chevrolet thing was only seen when we'd drive into L.A. - but you couldn't miss it!

Speaking of Felix - here's a weird attraction from Ocean Park Pier in the 1940's...
http://www.christophermerritt.com/Blog/felix.jpg

P

On 2004-09-30 13:18, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
The scary thing about that Cal Worthington video is that as soon as I heard the first few words of each verse, my mind immediately supplied the rest of the rhyme as if I had heard it yesterday. Damn! The stuff that's stored away in my sub-conscious. That "Big Fig Newton" song on the other thread was stored in there too and I didn't even know it.

There was also Dial Chevrolet. I STILL remember the jingle that used to play endlessly on Seymour's late night horror-show...

Dial Dial Dial Chevrolet
Two Blocks off the Santee Anee freeway
One One Nine Eight Oh East Firestone
Dial Chevrolet.

Felix is still there. Dial is not.

Pete Ellis Dodge
Long Beach Freeway
Firestone Exit
South Gate
(repeat until you pass out.)

.....I wouldn'ta got a lemon?.....

On 2004-10-01 00:31, Gigantalope wrote:
.....I wouldn'ta got a lemon?.....

:music: From Toyota Of Orange :music:

On 2004-09-30 13:18, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

It's Sabu & his Coconut, Spot!

I liked the MST3K take on Sidekicks.

my favorite was Man Man (all the powers of a Man, except.... he's a Man!) and his sidekick Radioactive Sweatervest.

Long Beach Freeway
Firestone Exit
South Gate
Pete Elis Dodge

...and Paul is still the King of Big Screen.

(Whatever happened to the Bedspread King?)

P

The Bedspread Kingdom has a new king, the old King's son (or son-in-law). The old king was pretty old, and he either retired or croaked, and his family had taken over. The Bedspread Kingdom is just down the street from Worthington Ford (which doesn't really put this thread back on topic, but it gets it a little closer).

[ Edited by: surfalaia 2009-09-27 22:47 ]

I can't believe those links are still active.

Anyone (from the Seattle area) remember Dick Balch Chevrolet - used to smash in windshields (and other stuff) in his commercials? Had a 1 bedroom, 3000 sq. ft. house!

You're Killing me Larry!
:)

And since we're talking about mattresses for the moment...

I've been fascinated with THIS fellow
ever since i first espied him on a bus stop....

Is he in his pajamas?
is he an elf?
i assume he was abused as a child
and this may be an Empowerment thing...
?

Before my wife and i bought our new truck from TOYOTA OF ORANGE!
(did NOT get a lemon!)
we decided to GO SEE CAL!
The whole area is festooned with pictures of Mr. Worthington and his "dog" SPOT
All happy ,friendly pictures.....
Well, we saw a vehicle we wanted online
and called and confirmed that it was there...
Well, 2 hours later
we're shown the truck that was online
but it wasn't the same one!!!!
Different size
Different style
We done been BAITED and SWITCHED!!!
:o

I hope Cal's Dog Spot humps his ear when he sleeps each night!

would love to see aCagefight between Cal and Wally George!

Al Greenwood's Bedspread Kingdom is now a thrift store, since the last mention. But Cal Worthington is still alive and well.

Pages: 1 23 replies