Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki in Thailand ?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Mrs Conga Mike and myself are headed to Thailand in a few days. We will be staying at the Marriott that houses the Trader Vics and spending time in Bangkok, Cosa Mui and Phuket.
Any other Tiki related stuff we should check out, other than TV's ?

I second this line of questioning as I will be there in December and have been thinking the same thing

Man, I'd visit anyplace with names like Bangkok and Phuket...

T

I spent two weeks inThailand back in 2002 & found no Tiki whatsoever, with the exception of TV's at the Mariott (which is a really nice hotel, by the way).
However - if you can get down to the island Ko Samui (which is less sleazy than Phuket) & charter a boat to the smaller island of Ko Tao, you will find the most kick ass tropical paradise! The white sand beach we visited while scuba diving was unreal!

Bong, you crack me up! I laughed for a half hour (must be really tired)
The International Palm Society had a Biennial meeting in Bangkok a few years ago and I could not go but the pictures they brought back were unreal.
This is the botanical garden that they visited, among many, they were very impressed and say it is a "not to be missed" park.

King Rama IX Royal Park The 200-acre park on Si Nakharin Road commemorates His Majesty King Rama IX's 60th birthday in 1987. It comprises extensive botanical gardens, and a building displaying the works and life of King Rama IX.

Doesn't the "King and I" story take place in Thailand?

[ Edited by: bananabobs on 2004-10-05 22:29 ]

On 2004-10-05 10:42, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Man, I'd visit anyplace with names like Bangkok and Phuket...

Also, Thailand is home to the only natural rock formations in the shape of male and female genitalia, named "grandmother" and "grandfather rocks"
Then there's the "Phi Phi Islands (pronounced "pipi islands") near Phuket.
In fact the name bangkok comes from the Thai expression "bang makok" meaning "village of wild plums"

Sexual inuendos abound...some forefathers somewhere must be killing themselves laughing !!

These two Tiki's are located at the Chulakorn University in Bangkok..

Pages: 1 7 replies