Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Art by Swamp Fire aka Doug Horne

Pages: 1 2 3 4 155 replies

I'm diggin' the Catalina poster Swamp Fire and I was wondering what drink that fish was jumping out of. Do you have an official cocktail concoction? We just brought home a Doug Horne Kon Tiki rededication mug and we aren't sure what he likes to drink.

He is a feisty little bugger though and quite frequently I find him out in the garden picking fights with the cacti.

But at night he likes cruisin' around town on our skateboard. Sometimes he brings home other lady tiki mugs, which we don't mind, but he always leaves them shattered the next morning. Quite the heartbreaker.

Cheers!

cheeky half

http://www.velvetglass.com

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2006-07-06 09:10 ]

[ Edited by: cheeky half 2006-07-07 08:28 ]

SF

He is a feisty little bugger though and quite frequently I find him out in the garden picking fights with the cacti.

But at night he likes cruisin' around town on our skateboard. Sometimes he brings home other lady tiki mugs, which we don't mind, but he always leaves them shattered the next morning. Quite the heartbreaker.

He is a Scamp, the other day mine took the car out for a joy ride and was busted for a DUI. I could have re-glazed the SOB when he got home. I've found if you put a strawberry daquery (sp) in him he calms down quite a bit. Thanks for sharing those special moments with your Kon Tiki mug.

I survived the head-hungry Jivaro tribe!
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire 2006-07-07 10:06 ]

New painting below.

TIKI DRIVE-INvasion

M

As always Swamp...Lovin the art you do. The monkey always cracks me up.

Mahalo

Mc

O

That one is sweet...got to get me one, put me on the list.

Simply sweet stuff, Swamptiki! I'm a fool for that flying saucer genre, and it looks great mixed with tiki. A very cool piece!

Love it!

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Jul 7, 2006 2:46 PM

Swamp, what medium do you use? It's sooo vivid.

A

Prints great, as usual, but where do we get a Kon Tiki mug?

SF

Thanks everyone!!

McTiki, I paint in Photoshop. I start with a pencil sketch outside of the computer to work out the composition and look of the characters, scan that and use the drawing as a guide to draw and render it in Photoshop.

aikiman44, you can purchase the Kon Tiki mug that I designed through the Kon Tiki Itself. They did an edition of 250 and it comes with a resin tiki pendant. I would suggest a phone call to the Kon Tiki (520) 323-7193. I believe they will ship.

R

Awesome !!! If I could live in another realm it would be in your paintings.

Thanks Rodeotiki!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 155 replies