Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Show me your mugs & I'll show you mine...UPDATED 1/18/08 all new pics page 1

Pages: 1 2 3 4 156 replies

H

Tikinomad that is a beautiful lamp with the yellow shade, very nice. So is everything else thanks for the pictures.

Thank you Hiltiki, the lamp is one of my favorite pieces. I had to almost pry it out of the hands of a toy collector in Red Bank who used to own The Groove Spot. He used to sell some tiki related items from time to time, I wish his shop was still open, a good guy who always had a tiki treasure to sell for a fair price.

T

Not a picture of my collection but here's an interesting shot-- my friend forwarded this picture to me of a mug collection that belongs to one of his English professors at the Univ. of Hawaii. Anybody know about the red mug up on the top shelf in the center?

On 2006-04-26 15:14, TikiJosh wrote:
Anybody know about the red mug up on the top shelf in the center?

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-16 14:04 ]

On 2006-04-23 08:35, Tikinomad wrote:
Thank you Hiltiki, the lamp is one of my favorite pieces. I had to almost pry it out of the hands of a toy collector in Red Bank who used to own The Groove Spot. He used to sell some tiki related items from time to time, I wish his shop was still open, a good guy who always had a tiki treasure to sell for a fair price.

..you're right -the groove spot was awesome.....found many a cool tiki item there back in the day...hey thanks for adding the luau lantern lamp to your collection...always nice to see my handy-work in someone elses collection of tiki!!

On 2006-04-26 18:48, filslash wrote:
Aloha,

It's a Bumatay, like the one in this photo from tiki finds...

Ahhh! Thanks for remembering. I see so many mugs I can't keep 'em straight! I didn't have my Tiki Quest handy either. Not sure if I would have caught it because of the color even if I had. Mahalo again!

T

I think that one deserves a bump.

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, Jan 4, 2008 6:19 PM

This was a great thread but many on the collections are boxes of X's

Pretty much all vintage from thrift stores with some crap thrown in too

BUMPY BUMP BUMP!

S

Recieved a couple of new mugs from Gecko and had to find a new spot to put them where i could keep them together.This aquarium had been empty for a while and i was trying to work out what to do with it,then it came to me.

nice work! on the display - I have been looking for that Gecko voodoo Drasin Mug for a while!

M

I love the blue ku ku kachoo!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 156 replies