Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

A Legitimate Counterfeit (Post Your Leroy Art Here!)

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies

That was mickey tiki's...

Here's Harro's in progress down under.

On 2006-11-09 04:28, harro wrote:

This is bound to look sweet. Someday I'll have to print all of these up on good photo stock & mail them off to Leroy at O.A. in Whittier. I'm sure he'd get a kick out of them...

AA=Best kept secret on TC. This man can carve circles around most of us.

NOT!!! :) But thanks!

heres my redition of the leroy it was the very first thing i carved
its now a planter for a fern

When are we gonna see something new from AA?

Putting it in BOT means it's pretty much fair game, as far as copying goes. I think this tiki falls under the "Public Domain" category.

Here are some current import variatons:
Typical burned:

Larger log, stretch it out and add some swirls

Painted or plain?

More Reloys... Nice.

On 2006-11-14 14:47, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Putting it in BOT means it's pretty much fair game, as far as copying goes. I think this tiki falls under the "Public Domain" category.

You are quite correct, Buzzy. Leroy & Sven gave us all Carte Blanche on this one. (See page 1 of this thread)…

On 2004-11-20 22:08, Aaron's Akua wrote:

...I asked permission from both Sven and Leroy. Here's their responses.

**From Sven: "Please, go ahead, I see the whole Book of Tiki as a blueprint for the Tiki revival."

From Leroy via Bob van Oosting: "Aloha Aaron. I talked to LeRoy this morning and he said it's fine with him. It's available for all to copy---enjoy! Bob."
So, with Sven and Leroy's approval, I got started…

On 2006-11-14 13:12, AlohaStation wrote:
When are we gonna see something new from AA?

After my little Ohana gets resettled in North Carolina sometime next year, unless I can manage to find some carving time in between. After that, you’ll see a whole sh*tload of tiki carvings from A-A. At least that’s my plan… :wink:

F

Here's a couple of Reloys I did recently: Note the addition of hair and bone motifs as cammo... Thanks for the urge post these Surfintiki!

T

T

Buzzy- Painted or plain?

I like plain

Link is dead on my "Reloy"

Here are the pictures again, stools created for "Stevie Martini" of The Cocktail Preachers to match his custom bar...

Pages: 1 2 3 106 replies