Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Capt. Morgan Parrot Bay Rum...

Pages: 1 5 replies

I

I was given a gift when I got my bar started. It was a bottle of Parrot Bay rum. I've seen a couple of recipes using this rum but wanted to know Tiki Central's favorites!

Not sure what to make with this stuff!

Help!

SJN

I like to use 1/2 oz of Parrot Bay Mango in my mai tai along with 1 oz Cruzan Black Strap and 1 oz Bacardi 8. yummy.

C

Here is a great tasty treat (I assumed you are talking parrot bay coconut flavor).

1 big box or 2 small boxes of Island pineapple Jello
2 cups boiling water
1 cup ice cold water
1 cup parrot bay coconut rum.

Dissolve the jello in hot water add the cold water then the rum. Mix it and quickly pour it into 2oz portion cups with lids and chill until set. They are yummy and taste like little Jello pina coladas.

[ Edited by: captnkirk on 2005-02-09 19:05 ]

About 20 years ago the Cayman Islands had a contest for a punch recipe that would be unique to the island (for tourists). The winners recipie would be given away, so you could walk into any bar and order one and it would taste the same. Here is the winner:

3 parts Pineapple juice
3 parts Orange juice
1 part Guava nectar (some places use guava juice)
1 part Coconut rum (like Parrot bay)
1 part Dark rum (like Myers')
1 Dash Grenadine syrup

Mix everything except the Grenadine in a big pitcher and pour it over ice cubes. Add the grenadine, and garnish with an orange wheel and a cherry.

The recipe is in parts so measure with a small glass or measuring cup and make a pitcher or use a shot glass and make one drink.

I
iamsjn posted on Sat, Mar 5, 2005 1:21 PM

WOW!
Those look great! I've got the coconut flavored rum. Hey captnkirk, I tried your recipe and it was FANTASTIC!

I might have to make that my bar's signature drink!

THANKS!!
SjN

MG

Try it with Cactus Cooler.

Pages: 1 5 replies