1 whole peach, peeled and pitted
1 srawberry
1 oz. Vodka
1 oz. orange curacao
1/2 oz. Korbel brandy
3/4 oz. rock candy syrup
1/2 oz. falernum
1/2 cup ice

Blend everything together until smooth and serve in a large cocktail glass. Garnish with a slice of fresh peach and a mint sprig.

You could probably use canned peach, but I didn't have any at the time.

I made this one up last night and it turned out pretty well. However, when we were done my youngest son took one of the cocktail glasses out of the sink and dropped it on the kitchen floor. Now I only have a set of three. :(

H

How do I get hold of some falernum, anyone knows?????

On 2005-02-22 17:40, hiltiki wrote:
How do I get hold of some falernum, anyone knows?????

I made my own. I found a recipe on the internet, then I tweeked it a bit to my liking. I don't know how close to real falernum it is, but I like what I have.

H

Can you share the recipe by any chance?????

Found this on Drink Boy:

Falernum:
Zest from 10 limes
10 cloves
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 liter white rum

Marinate together for 24 hours. Strain and store in a cool place.

Mix 8 oz. of rum marinade with 1 quart of simple syrup.

When I made mine I also added some ground cloves, a bunch of corriander seeds that I crushed with a spoon, and a handful of freshly shelled almonds that I also crushed. Then I strained it all through a coffee filter. I didn't use a whole quart of simple syrup either, maybe 2/3 that amount.

M

Sounds tasty...

If you don't want to make your own may I humbly suggest buying some [broken record] John Taylor's Velvet Falernum. It's all natural, made in Barbados, and if we don't buy it, they will stop exporting it to us. [/broken record]

Available on line at http://www.hitimewine.com and http://www.bevmo.com

H

Thank you both for all the info, I just bought the last Taylors Velvet Falernum at Bevmo. And I wrote down the actual recipe also.

M

Don't panic- they will get more. They only keep one bottle in stock at a time. It will be back next week!

By the way, I used the falernum in a new drink recipe. See the above pic. :)

H

Hey Finkdaddy, thats why I bought the falernum. Can't wait to make it just need to have some fresh strawberries handy. It sounds so delicious.

On 2005-02-21 07:45, finkdaddy wrote:

I made this one up last night and it turned out pretty well. However, when we were done my youngest son took one of the cocktail glasses out of the sink and dropped it on the kitchen floor. Now I only have a set of three. :(

Thats it...blame it on the kids :lol:
Thanks sharing the recipe. Looks good, will try it!

Pages: 1 10 replies