Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Cocktail Recipe: 40 In A Cloud (A "GROG Like Eat & Drink!" Favorite!)

Pages: 1 16 replies

W

Here's a cocktail recipe inspired by everyone's favorite puddin' head, Bill Cosby. I served this at the annual Mutt family eastern Washington Easter brunch and my hillbilly relatives liked it so much they went so far as to agree that "Maybe livin' in Seattle ain't made yah a total wussy yet!"

40 In A Cloud
(serves 2)

One tub Cool Whip Non-Dairy Whipped Topping
One 40 ounce bottle Pabst Blue Ribbon

Thoroughly wash the 40 ounce bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon in COLD water. Open the tub of Cool Whip Non-Dairy Whipped Topping. Carefully nestle the 40 ounce bottle of Pabst Blue Ribbon into the tub of Cool Whip Non-Dairy Whipped Topping. With a spoon, mold the Cool Whip into a "cloud" around the base of the Pabst Blue Ribbon bottle. Open the bottle, put two long straws in, place two spoons in the Cool Whip. There you have it...40 In A Cloud!

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-10-07 08:24 ]

Just the thing for a Hillbilly Easter.

W

I hear it's hot back east and it's our first summeresque day (well, 1/2 a day) in the Jet City so I figgered now's the perfect time to revisit this delicious (And Beautiful!) drink.

...and what about those of us in the XXXtra large category...can the following adjustment be made?

One tub Cool Whip Non-Dairy Whipped Topping
One 40 ounce bottle Pabst Blue Ribbon LIGHT

You hipsters have gone too far this time.

Hey, where do you find forties of PBR? It's hard enough just to find bottles on the West Coast...damn I just outed myself as a PBR drinker.

P.S. It's true..I've actually ordered half a yard of Pabst at the Yard House. (hangs head in shame)

On 2008-06-13 14:01, Jason Wickedly wrote:
Hey, where do you find forties of PBR? It's hard enough just to find bottles on the West Coast...damn I just outed myself as a PBR drinker.

P.S. It's true..I've actually ordered half a yard of Pabst at the Yard House. (hangs head in shame)

You have to come up to Portland! They are everywhere...you can even get them in a bucket of ice at the Delta Cafe.

W

The little convenience store/cigarette shop/lottery headquarters/neighborhood malt liquor supplier near me has Pabst 40 ouncers fer $1.99 all the time.

W

I'm poppin' this up like a turkey timer cuz I know a lotta folks will be scramblin' around today tryin' to figure out somethin' unique yet quick-n-easy to bring to Thanksgivin' dinner.

BONUS TWIST! For the children's table replace the 40 oz of beer with a large bottle of pop. For extra fun and sugar sprinkle the Pop-In-A-Cloud with candy corn. Fun!

I don't get it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

A lovely last minute...End economical...Addition to Easter dinner!

Woofie, ya had me goin' there for a minute, I thought you were going to actually mix the beer and the Cool Whip! :o NASTY!!!!!

Vampiress, they also make fat-free and sugar-free Cool Whip now :)

W

Gawd no. If you mix the beer and Cool Whip, like when you're makin' Beer Creamies, you gotta FREEZE the beer first. An ice cube tray works good.

Another fine recipe from Woofmutt World Wide Kitchen Labs which will really make your Fourth of July muy especial.

Woof - I will be trying your lovely recipe this Easter.

However I am drinking half of the Pabst Blue Ribbon first, then filling the rest of the bottle up with Smirnoff Ice before placing it in the Cool Whip. I am calling it a "Pabst-Smir on Cotton"

Sabu

MN

HAAAA!!

You're a sick man Sabu, I like that about you! :lol:

Pages: 1 16 replies