Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Mug Misfortunes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 293 replies

It is sadly time for me to add to this post. We're looking to put our house on the market this spring so we're decluttering the house. I took down my mugs and their shelves. I was wrapping and packing my mugs into a box. I was nearly finished when the box tipped and fell off the storage tub it was sitting on. I lost two mugs. I lost a Dynasty 128 and a Chiki Tiki Angst. Fortunately, they weren't particularly rare or valuable, but it's still sad.

Gaaagh! Condolences, Mike. No matter which ones, the kiss of a mug ( or two) like that is never easy. I chipped one of my Gecko mugs when I was packing up to move two years ago and was SO pissed at myself. Your TC ohana is here for you, man.
:wink:

[ Edited by: finky099 2016-02-11 23:03 ]

T

Lost 2 mugs last night. One was from the now defunct Conga Lounge in Oakland, CA. Lots of good memories from that place. I'll glue it back together but it won't be the same. The other was a bowl from Harrah's given as a gift. Not as much sentimental value as the other one, but a loss nonetheless. And worst of all, it was totally my own fault! I was being too clumsy around the tiki mug shelf trying to position a restored vintage radio on a table near by. The only solution is to drown my sorrows in a couple of Mai Tais or Jet Pilots. Of course I'll have to pour some out in honor of my lost homies.

[ Edited by: tikitonga 2016-05-03 09:07 ]

Hi Y'all,
Long time lurker. Possibly a first time poster.
I'm working on a video project for this year's Tiki Oasis and am in need of photos of broken mugs.
I don't want to just pilfer this group (Unless someone says that's cool) so if anyone can send me their pics of broken mugs they don't mind me using I'd appreciate it.
Mods, if this should get moved elsewhere just let me know. Thanks.

P
Philot posted on Fri, Aug 3, 2018 9:01 AM

D'oh!
I didn't think to get a picture.

The other day the kittens were rampaging around the house as kittens are wont to do, and they finally managed to knock a mug off one of the low shelves sitting on the floor. Good thing they're cute.

Meh. It was a brown mug. A brown made in China mug.

[ Edited by: Philot 2018-08-03 09:06 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 293 replies