Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Diablo's Dr. Jibaro in stock

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies

DZ

Save a bowl for me!!

G

Howzit braddah D,

You hit da nail on da head with that brah. When I created Tangaroa, that is the look I was looking for. Dat old, just got dug up look. That's da kine I like.

I herd threw some friends here to go check out your new t'ings. You know you got my support D. I look towards our project together....ho, did I say that out loud?
Yes, me and Diablo are creating a mug together and being that I don't do faces very well and he did such da good wun on his shrunken head he will also be doing my next mug for Uncle Marty "Mr. Martin Denny"(I miss ya!!)

I don't have much time so, here is a few pics. I'll have this at O'asis. I have continued my Legends of Exotica series. The second to come out is "Sophisticated Savage" for da "original birdman" Mr. Augie Colon of da Martin Denny group. Augie played da congas and did the bird calls.
I was having a few beers and pupus last month Lopaka Colon son of Augie and legend Arthur Lymans son Arty Jr. Both of them are as good as there dads!!! Anyways, me and Arty Jr. talked about a mug for his dad and he said "sounds good" so, da rest will be history. That will be da 3rd mug in this Legends series.

Anyways, I'll see you braddahs and sisstahs at da O!

Here you see that da mug leans its head to da back. While watching video of him I noticed he would tilt his head back sometimes and get a big deep breath and look up to get da loud beautiful bird call out of his full lungs while he played on da congas

I just finished this last week by carving da Rapa Nui "birdman" image on da back of his head. These will be maid by me right here in beautiful Honolulu Hawaii.

I know I haven't posted any carvings so here's one I did a couple days ago. One of my vintage looking styles with da rope on da bottom and da half body moko that you sometimes see on my carvings from way back.

K'den Danny Diablo, talk story later bra.
Aloha peopo!

As usual Gecko... BEAUTIFUL WORK. More must-have's.

On 2005-04-12 10:38, GECKO wrote:
... here is a few pics. I'll have this at O'asis.

Tiki Oasis?! Are you gonna be there?

On 2005-04-12 10:38, GECKO wrote:
I have continued my Legends of Exotica series. The second to come out is "Sophisticated Savage" for da "original birdman" Mr. Augie Colon of da Martin Denny group. Augie played da congas and did the bird calls.
I was having a few beers and pupus last month Lopaka Colon son of Augie and legend Arthur Lymans son Arty Jr. Both of them are as good as there dads!!! Anyways, me and Arty Jr. talked about a mug for his dad and he said "sounds good" so, da rest will be history. That will be da 3rd mug in this Legends series.

OK, when can we expect the John Kramer/Harvey Ragsdale/Archie Grant three-legged bowl? What about a Harold Chang bucket mug? And of course there'll have to be a Sandy Warner mug...

Gecko! That mug is too sweet !Consider me in line for that one cuz.
I am looking forward to sculpting the late and great Martin Denny tribute mug II. It will be and honor to be a part of this project. You know, that spare room you got just might come in handy, I think this mug should be dreamt, sculpted and crafted in Hawaii! If not then when you come out here for OasisV we'll do this.

TB

Will definitely be buying the PANGA PANGA which the protype looked great at BongoFury's party last week, & the DR. JIBARO, man Danny your cranking out great tiki! And Gecko another great mug, i will be getting one of those as well. Man Oasis V is going to have the best Vendors ever.

p.s. oops also want 5. THE MARQUESAN BOWL

TBird.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2005-04-14 08:59 ]

[ Edited by: tiki bird on 2005-04-28 10:26 ]

Gecko, Chiki,

How much better can you guys get!? I'm beyond impressed with your latest offerings. I feel like I'm living in a new golden age of tikicraft. Gecko - love the spiral eyes on your latest carving. Great idea.

Sabu

If you like these, wait until Danny reveals his new mystery mug at Oasis -- you'll flip.

Holy Crapola!! First Tiki Diablo's "Headhunter" mug and now Gecko's "Augie Colon" mug. You two guys are leading the way when it comes to tiki creativity. And now your collaborating together!! Whew! You really want ALL my money don't cha? Keep up the good work guys and see you in 19 days!!

Tiki Overload!
This stuff is simply amazing!

T

What a build up. So now I guess that I can just pick up one of those bowl mug at Exotica, Cool. It all so new to me.

It looks like all the best mugs are coast land shows. I will need to see a picture of the #6 when it hits the floor. Does anyone have pictures of the show only mugs 1-5 and any other show-only done. One last thing what is the year numbers for the different shows?

Hey Tiki Diablo (sorry for the delay), those are gorgeous, it certainly looks like you’ve shook up the Tiki mug world and as someone once said “that’s a good thing”.
See you at Oasis, somehow I have the feeling you’ll have a really cool booth, I can’t wait.

Bosko

M

Danny,
Great mug. I'll give Laney some cash to pick up sum yer mugs...
Save me one of each...
Nice job.

MTK

Be careful... the tikies are watching

[ Edited by: mtkahuna on 2005-04-22 15:23 ]

Aloha folks! Almost have the prices finalized for the mugs and put some of my deliciously naughty tiki T's up that I'll debut at Oasis. Arriba, just a few more days!

K

Well look what the doctor has ordered. Awesome mug and bowl. I am very curious about mystery mug can't wiat to see a pic of that. You can put me down for one of the Doctor, Mar. Bowl, and the mystery mug.

I hope you have a great time at Oasis, Danny.

K

D
that is no pussy mug...thanks man
X
M

Well folks, things are shaping over here in my little brain.

1. Dr. Jibaro "the retired headhunter"
    The ultimate shrunkenhead mug with actual sewn eyelids and lips.
    $50.00 ea

2. The Marquesan Bowl with detailed resin three headed stand. The monster holds 60.oz of intoxicating gror or whatever else you want.

$80.00 ea

3.Panga Panga 17 inches of outrigger canoe here. Real wood pontoon all hand crafted by me.
$80.00ea.

And last but not least is "TAMBU" A TIKI YOU CAN DRINK OUT OF!

Well this guy is just going to have to be a surprise at my booth. And I'm only bringing a few of this one.

We have contacted those that have asked to be on the list for these tiki vessels off TC.

These are not exclusive to Tiki Oasis so feel free to contact me via my hotmail email and please put "tiki Mugs" for the subject.

Thanks to all of my repeat and new customers for the support and inspiration to go big with my tiki vessels!

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2005-04-29 22:08 ]

One of everything please.........I hear Danny's going to start a "Mug o da Month" club. Tabu Ti!!!

Great stuff Gecko.....I'm still waiting for a Tikitony mug......????? get busy you lazy surfer! Jes kiddin Tony......

T

Hey I heard that! Lets go surfin' ... Chiki, mugs look great!

Ron, you naughty biy you! T Loc, how ya doin' ? I have an itchy keyboard finger to show my mug TABU. There will only be a couple there, but that is the way it goes. I will have plenty after Oasis for all interested though. three color versions with hand painting. Arriba!

cool stuff !! please count me in for a Dr. Jibaro mug. I'll send an email to confirm. thanks

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, May 5, 2005 5:23 PM

Panga Panga 17 inches of outrigger canoe here. Real wood pontoon all hand crafted by me.
$80.00ea.

there is no picutre of this one either.

Sorry for not including a pic of the Panga Panga, there is now one on the first page of the thread (of the sculpt). Those holes are to lash the wood outrigger to the ceramic body. Now back to work for me.

K

So what did the TikiDiablo mystery tiki look like and did anyone get one. Please post pic if you did.

I would like to thank everybody for their interest and support . I makes me just want to keep putting put these mugs designs I have running around in my head. We have Jibaro mugs for those that pre-ordered them and other mugs as well. We will get this going for all interested.

The Tambu was shown at Oasis without the hand painting so peeps could get a feel for the size and design. I'll have the Tambu ready shortly, so you can drop us a line and we can add you to the list.

On 2005-05-10 17:28, kbgator wrote:
So what did the TikiDiablo mystery tiki look like and did anyone get one. Please post pic if you did.

Here it is --

It wasnt painted at the oasis. Are they all painted or is it a higher price to get it painted?

Sent ya a email Danny.

K

Good Gosh almighty!!!!!!!
Danny, put me down for one as well.

Hey, Danny, if I'm not already on the list for the Tambu, sign me up!

I was thrilled to get one of the few bowls you brought to Oasis. And the Dr Jibaro seriously creeps my wife out! Great job!

S

Danny-
Like I said before, if you are making it, I am buying it. That goes for Tambu too.
Your new stuff amazes me, and thanks again for the frame.

-Scott

HOLY CRAP!

everytime I try to get out they pull me back in.

sign me up!

-Z

G
GECKO posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 4:04 PM

I'm in line my braddah!

M

Saw this mug at Oasis and my jaw literally dropped open with awe. This could truly be one of the coolest mugs ever. Danny, please put me on the list to get one ASAP. I can't believe the level of creativity and execution that is being produced in many of these new mugs. I truly want to concentrate my collection on vintage items, but mugs like this cannot be passed up. Great work!

ModMana :drink:

K

Oh dang! Tambu is sick! Put this foo' on the list fo real!

M

Danny,

Your mugs are always a pleasure to admire!! I'd love to own a Dr. Jibaro!

Matt

Aloha nui loa ! TC peeps, I have been in serious work mode trying to finish up a project that ships out Friday. I am almost there(THANK GOD!!!!) , so After this weekend we will focus on our mugs and get back to y'all. You have been a great support to me and I will keep up the mugs as long as you let me. Thank you guys and have a safe and relaxing weekend.

I bow before thee. That Tambu is killer.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2005-05-19 18:15 ]

T

The Dr. is in the house. Great work as always Danny. How can something so creepy be so beautiful. I guess I know how Julia Roberts felt when she married Lyle Lovett. :)

M

WOW!!!! I just got the Dr. J in the mail and I have to say it is flat out the coolest mug I own! Unbelievable job Danny!!! Thanks so much!

Matty

Hey Danny, definitely put me down for a Tambu mug, got to see the unpainted version at Oasis V.

TBird.

On 2005-05-11 12:59, Tiki-bot wrote:
Hey, Danny, if I'm not already on the list for the Tambu, sign me up!

I was thrilled to get one of the few bowls you brought to Oasis. And the Dr Jibaro seriously creeps my wife out! Great job!

It's true! Our nephew thinks it's the coolest mug in the collection though!

mrs. p

K

Tiki Diablo, will you be bringing the new mugs to the Hukilau this year?

K

Also can anyone help me out in obtaining a Tiki Diablo Mug for the Exotica Event. Please Pm with any help. Thanks

P

Wow Danny, I only just looked in this forum and saw your post. Your stuff is so inspired it kills me. I love it. The green mug you sent me (plus the shift knob and shrunken head) stands proud in my office at home. It's a beautiful piece.

I can see they will not be the only Diablo pieces at home in Australia for long....check your email!

so danny, what mugs are you gonna be sellin at exotica? you gonna have the shirts as well???

I will have a one off painted Tambu , and some Dr. Jibaros. A feww masks and driftwooy sign and of course some T's. I will have some tiki pendants and key chains, but won't have a whole bunch of stuff since I fly in for this. My mug production came to a halt right after Oasis, but have a friend who is going to help me out with them. I willdoing more mugs and will also do non limited edition mugs for all.

I apologize for losong the momentum with the mugs, but will make up for it to all with some kick ass new designs. I finally accepted the cact that I can't do this all by myself, and have taken on some help. It is about damn time, so I will rest when the summer is over, but for now. It;s time for TIKI.

damn, got to see tambu, and purchase the exotica and dr.jibaro mugs at exotica, and i just gotta say dannys designs are incredible, cant wait for upcoming mugs (pago pago!) and collaborations (holy zazz!) gotta get mucumba!.....hurry diablo, get that new site with checkout!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies