Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

1st Issue of Tiki Magazine

Pages: 1 2 3 4 154 replies

Finally received the First Class shipping of the magazine and it is to die for! Very nicely done. The Media Mail shipment still hasn't shown up.

I'm thinking I would be willing to pay $2 more per issue to get it First Class. Anyone else?

TT

I knew I should have gotten one at the Oasis as I still wait for mine to arrive.

Got a free issue from the staff at Bahooka!!! LOVED IT!!!!Great job folks!

T

Since I still have not received the magazine, I would, of course, prefer to pay a little extra to receive it in a timely manner, in the future.

Just for the record, I did recieve my first issue today. My wife was waving it at me as I pulled in the driveway.

But that is not why I'm posting, as no one here is interested in whether or not us tiki-fanatics in the mid-west have gotten theirs or not.

No...leave it to me to make a minor compliant. Why does the label have to be a quarter of the size of the cover?
Thats a BIG label. Ya know?

Never-the-less, I think it looks great and I can't wait to dive into it! Definately worth the wait from what I've seen. Much bigger (thicker) than I thought it'd be.

PI

Got mine last night and read it cover to cover while Mr. Pomaikai was getting a haircut. It was great!

hey you fink!! where's my copy?? I placed an ad in tiki magazine with promises of a copy and I'm still waiting...watching the rest of the world recieve theirs while i sit teary-eyed and wonder why oh why has nick forsaken me!!!?? you better contact me a.s.a.p. bub!! I want a copy in my mailbox by next week!!

Wow wow wow! Just got our copy up here in Sacramento and I think it is fabulous. The style and artwork look terrific. It has the feel of an old comic book or something, very retro. It is sure to become a collector's item. The cover by Derek is right on (love his work). So we're very happy! Congratulations to Nick for a great job.

K

Congrats Nick!

The magazine is totally great... it seemed to cover just about every angle, and it was so cool to see just about every tiki merchant I can think of advertising in there. Man, this would have saved my butt back when I was building my home bar. I hope the 'home tiki bar' piece is a regular column, also the music reviews, spotlights on new bars & stuff. It was all good, and I was delighted to see that all the scenesters and heavys like Sven were on board to give it the credibility it deserved. Nice goin!!!! Long may you continue!

I got my first copy at the Oasis, it's terrific!

Amy

HEY! 5-11-05 still NO TIKI MAG what the .....

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.