Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

1st Issue of Tiki Magazine

Pages: 1 2 3 4 154 replies

I subcribed, and I have not seen my copy yet.

Does that mean the postman is enjoying Tiki Magazine, or is it just slow to reach the East coast?

T

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:00 ]

MG

Hey nick! Will I be getting one in the mail too?

I haven't got mine either. I knew I should have picked one up at the Tiki Farm sale :(

B

hey ckirk, what would you say if I told you I live on the East coast and I got mine already??
I do live on the east coast, in Florida, but sadly my Tiki Mag has yet to show up, though I'm sure it will any day now...

N

TCers,

I spoke with the mailhouse again yesterday and they said they were mailed media mail and should be there by Wed. of next week. My apologies for the lateness of the mail. Mean Gene, you can just come over and pick one up. (Gene lives about 3 miles from me).

MG

Just kidding Nick.... I still have almost 100 of them. I thought it would be a nice surprise to get one in the mail since I'm your biggest advertiser.

Where's your scense of humor?

I know Nick.... "Gene, that is mean!"

Can I get mine at Oasis?

Sweet antici.................pation! You simply will not be disappointed.

N

Baxdog,

If it doesn't arrive this week (I may go postal on the mailhouse, if they don't arrive), you can get it at Oasis.

Nick

Don't go postal. They are probably more experienced at it than you are. I'm waiting patiently, with friends and family asking every day if it came yet.

My dog refuses to eat until the magazine arrives.

Too bad you don't live in Florida Unga. They'd convene a special session of congress to pass a law to have a feeding tube installed in your recalcitrant pooch.

I just sent in the subscription via Pay Pal. I have faith it will arrive.... (hopefully I've subscribed before they sell out though!)

still paitently awaiting mine, but im not worried, ive been through alot of hassle with other magazine subscriptions, but obviously, those in cali are gonna get it before us out in the midwest,south,east coast......

K

I subscibed through Paypal on 4/27 and recieved mine today. Fantastic magazine nicktiki!!! I haven't had time to read any articles yet but it looks very profesional and all of the artwork and pictures are great! It's also super thick like a regular magazine. I'm glad I subscribed and can't wait for issue #2!

Kanaka

[ Edited by: Kanaka on 2005-05-02 10:55 ]

D

Hmmm? I subscribed in January, mail from San Diego usually reaches me within 24 hours. I wonder whats up? Is there a website for the magazine?

C

Hmmmmmm - I subscribed on April 12th via Paypal payment & also have not gotten my copy - should I be calling or emailing somewhere?

No Tiki Magazine in my Baltimore mailbox, either. :(

PI

I haven't gotten mine yet and I'm sure the mailmen IS looking at mine. Sometimes, my movies from Netflix come 3 or 4 days late and they've been OPENED, hee hee. Oh well, as long as I get it eventually, the mailman can enjoy some Tiki.

T

Wherz mine???

T

P

These must have been shipped 4th class. I figure San Diego to LA/OC would take less than a week, but as of today I still haven't gotten mine, either.

T

It's here!!

I'm soooo relieved.

T

p.s. Could they get any bigger shipping labels??? Covers up way to much of the great cover. Got some readin' to do.

On 2005-05-02 16:54, trustar wrote:

p.s. Could they get any bigger shipping labels??? Covers up way to much of the great cover. Got some readin' to do.

I carefully and meticulously peeled mine off. No damage to the cover finish & I'm much happier now.

D

I should have kept my yap shut this morning...I got mine in the mail today too! What a great looking magazine. I am looking forward to reading it from front to back! Then when I'm all done...start all over again. Bamboo Ben's article on his grandfather is my first article I plan to dive into. Alnshely's, James's articles all look so interesting. I can't wait to see what they come up with for the next issue. Mahalo ~ DawnTiki

I'm still waiting... Maybe Tomorrow

I just subscribed. I can't wait to read it.

-g-

A
aquarj posted on Tue, May 3, 2005 1:58 PM

No disrespect directed to any of the preceding posts, but I'd just like to suggest that it's not really necessary to announce for every reader of TC, whether you did or didn't receive something in your mailbox.

Back to the subject, the magazine looks great! I especially like page 37.

-Randy

TD

thinking out load here. what kind of respect do you call telling us,who have not recieved ours yet ,just how good it looks? TD

I have to agree with Aquari. I find that too many posts on the site are just filled with people making a point to say that they have not received their (Ape mug, Hale Tiki Mug, Tiki Magazine) yet. It sucks to have to wait a little bit, I've done my share of waiting for mugs, but it's not necessary to make it public. Just shoot an e-mail or call the person responsible.

I personally can't wait to see the first issue, and all the hype is just making me more excited.

-g-

T

I did not get a mug
I did not get page thirty-seven
Or ten
Or twenty-three
OH, I almost forgot
No Tiki News either
Am I the Red-headed step-child
Or just a post waster

D

Baxdog wrote:

Am I the Red-headed step-child
And I always thought you were a natural brunette? I miss Bax. He's so bad!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-05-04 07:12 ]

T

Has the magazine actually been mailed out? I have not recived my copy either.

H

On 2005-05-04 10:50, tabuzak wrote:
Has the magazine actually been mailed out? I have not recived my copy either.

Yes. April 19th

On 2005-04-19 21:13, nicktiki wrote:
Tiki Magazine was mailed out from San Diego to all subscribers and advertisers today.

Paid for my subscription January 30th and it has not arrived in Western Washington as of today.

H

Keep in mind that these were sent out via Media Mail which is painfully slow. I'm in Southern California and have yet to receive mine.
Just do what I do. Take a deep breath, sit down, relax, and drink a Mai Tai.

Great magazine, it was wayyy more than I ever expacted.

Fantastic job!

I am very happy that I subscribed.

dear diary,may 5,2005 still no TIKI MAG today

T

Received my magazine yesterday (May 4th). NICE. That's what I've got to say. It is what I thought it would be.....please be patient...I live 120 miles east of San Diego so it may take longer for you guys to get yours...IMHO it's worth the wait.
To Nick: keep up the good work...nice to see someone keeping the Tiki spirit going...!

Dave

TR

On 2005-05-04 11:50, Hakalugi wrote:
Keep in mind that these were sent out via Media Mail which is painfully slow. I'm in Southern California and have yet to receive mine.
Just do what I do. Take a deep breath, sit down, relax, and drink a Mai Tai.

Good advice. My copy arrived today. Well worth the wait. thanks Tiki Magazine!

5-7-05 SIGH.(insert sad face here)

On 2005-05-03 13:58, aquarj wrote:
No disrespect directed to any of the preceding posts, but I'd just like to suggest that it's not really necessary to announce for every reader of TC, whether you did or didn't receive something in your mailbox.

I would agree but it seems that since this is a new launch of a magazine and these are all the first subscriptions ever - everyone is just a little nervous and the posts help re-assure the rest of us (me included who has not received my copy of the magazine) that they are being sent/received. But it is probably best after making an assessment here that everyone else has received and you haven't, to then follow up with a PM perhaps to Nick on this. Posting here that you didn't get it might or ensure that your message is being read by Nick. (is it Nick who is the publisher?) I think after this first issue yo will see an end to the thread.

I subscribed on May 3, and just received my first issue today (May 7) in NJ. If you haven't received it yet and you live somewhere in between, please PM the publisher. It would make sense to go directly to the source and not post complaints on the site.

-g-

Got mine today, will be a cover to cover read just like the old Roadside was!

I subscribed last night. I put it off too long!

Can't wait to see the first issue!

5-9-05 postman come and go, but no TIKI MAG.

My mag was waiting for me in the Mailbox when I got home from the Oasis. I got to tell ya - they did a wonderful job with it!!! I think I have pretty much read the whole thing. Great Job Guys!!!
EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

i must admit, we were a little slow in getting a subscription. hence, we luckily had the opportunity to buy the magazine at oasis. what a great read and it really is a high quality periodical. everyone did a great job creating this!

and also, i rather enjoyed spying my picture looming in the background of frank and crazy al of ape at the tiki now art show. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 154 replies