Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What Kind of Industrial Solvent Are You?

Pages: 1 16 replies

http://www.spinnwebe.com/quiztaker/solvent.php

I am:

SOLV KK006, 200:
You are incompatible with strong oxidizing agents and strong inorganic acids. In accordance with California Proposition 65, you are required to inform California that you contain trace levels of acetaldehyde.

I am:

Methyl Ethyl Ketone

Highly flammable. Extremely irritating. Very unstable and when inhaled on a regular basis cause a lot of irrepairable brain damage.

SOYsolv®:
You are made from soybean oil, and are used in a wide range of applications, including asphalt release, mastic removal, and hydrocarbon cleaning. You are biodegradable, and your flash point is >300°F, Pensky-Martens closed cup, and >650°F open cup.

PI

TECSOL A-2 Solvent, Anhydrous:
You are an industrial solvent marketed as TECSOL Special Industrial Solvent by Eastman Chemical Company. You are available as both 95% and anhydrous. You are denatured with methyl alcohol and methyl isobutyl ketone.

ZEP DYNA 170°:
You are used when a low-VOC solvent degreaser is required, and are designed specifically for use in Zep's Brake Buggy and "Dyna" lines of parts washing systems. You have a relatively low evaporation rate. You are RCRA Non Hazardous and USDA authorized-K2. Ooohlala

Tetrachloroethane:
You are the first chlorine-containing solvent produced in high quantities before World War I. Your primary uses before WWII included industrial cleaner and solvent thinner. You do not attach to soil particles, and break down slowly in air or water.

Funny, I always thought of myself as Bestine

-Z

T

Without even going to the link, I know I'd be Acetone.

M

TECSOL A-2 Solvent, Anhydrous:
You are an industrial solvent marketed as TECSOL Special Industrial Solvent by Eastman Chemical Company. You are available as both 95% and anhydrous. You are denatured with methyl alcohol and methyl isobutyl ketone.

Okay then...

I'm also Tetrachloroethane:

You are the first chlorine-containing solvent produced in high quantities before World War I. Your primary uses before WWII included industrial cleaner and solvent thinner. You do not attach to soil particles, and break down slowly in air or water.

I am:

Monoethylene glycol:
You are miscible with water, alcohols, aldehydes and many organic compounds. You will not dissolve rubber, cellulose acetate or heavy vegetable and petroleum oils. You are 50% more hygroscopic than glycerol at room temperature.

RR

I am the same as Pomaika I & MachTiki.

J
JTD posted on Tue, May 3, 2005 6:59 PM

I'm also Tetrachloroethane (good company :)) - but why?

H

Soysolv....

SOYGOLD® 2000:
You are a water-rinsible solvent that contains no petroleum distillates. Your low VOCs (4.89%, 43 g/L) has been tested by EPA Method Number 24. You have ultra-low evaporative properties—0.005 @ 76° Fahrenheit relative to n-butyl acetate (NBAC) = 1—and are an FDA approved surfactant.

SOYsolv®:
Most importantly I am biodegradable and your flash point is >$300. Where's the bourbon? sabu you started this send bourbon.

J

I am Soylent Green.

Soylent green is PEOPLE!!!

Z

I'm the same as Sabu - SOLV KK006,200
"Incompatible with strong oxidizing", well who isn't?

I guess I won't go blonde, then.

Pages: 1 16 replies