Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tikis Playing Poker prints!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 147 replies

Now thats ART!

I'll take one.

8T

Hey Slacks, I remember when you first shared this with us and at that time I was one who urged you to make it available to the TC ohana. I'm glad to hear it may soon be a go.
PUT ME ON THAT LIST. It is an instant classic.

S

I am most definitely in!
A match made in Tiki Paradise!

Slacks,

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

(three kids in the back seat of my brain)

Love it....you can add me to the list!

I would buy 2 if the price is good.

Amy

L

I actually HOST a monthly poker game in my tiki lounge! I HAVE to have one.

Y

I want one too. Please contact me via email if you ever have them made up. That is very cool.

I want one, possibly two. It will go well with my Tiki poker chips!

How did this thred get past me for so long.
SF, a beautiful print.
Please add me too.

T

Put me down for one!

T

CM Coolidge painted them around 1870

read more here

I saw some of the originals at an exhibition (complete with velvet rope & security guard) at the Grand Hotel.

-Z

Two of the original nine paintings that Coolidge did of dogs playing poker, sold at auction for a cool $590,400.

Who knows how much Tikis Playing Poker will fetch in the future (no pun intended).

Dogs Playing Poker story

The Tikipedia
http://www.tikipedia.com

[ Edited by: tikipedia on 2005-06-08 21:51 ]

FA

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME !!!!!!!!!

I want one too. Sign me up and contact me when you get it ready!

J

Tikis playing poker - I don't know how I've managed to get along without this print! Sign me up!

very cool but i think price is a lil high ,but id still have to get 1

On 2005-05-05 20:00, Slacks Ferret wrote:

The reason I’m asking is because I just got a price quote for making some stochastic lithographs...

I absolutely want one of these. Not because I like dogs or poker or tikis, but because it's stochastic. No more non-stochastic lithographs for me, no sir, from now on it's stochastic all the way.

I'll sell pop bottles if I need to, to raise the cash-ola.

D

Nice print!

Did we get a price yet?

M

TIKIS?!?! who let the dogs out!!!! :)

T

I would like two. When can I get my hands on them?
I love it and need it! Awesome!!!

I heard a rumor that there are prints in the works ? maybe somtime soon? Hmmmmmmmmm.....

T

I'd like one, keep me updated

that print is so cool! i hope i can get one.

I'm IN...player takes one, please pass the chips...Hold.

flip-flop-flippp...

P

put me down for one.

RT

Reverend Tiki definitely needs one of these! Please put me on the list. Thanks!

D

I'm in for one also!Let me know when to pick one up.

[ Edited by: dmilkman 2006-05-02 18:17 ]

A

Okay, enough is enough. Where's the print?

Mahalo everyone! I just wanted to give an update on the status of the prints.
This morning I handed the painting over to the photographer who will be making the transparency.

In other words: The process has started.
I think we should have some prints ready for sale by the end of the month. Huzzah!

Thanks again for the interest.

Slacks

Yayyyy!
I can't wait slacks, I'm so looking forward to it.

A

Fantastic! Anyone send Frame Fetish a pic so Link can get started designing a frame?

H
Helz posted on Fri, May 19, 2006 7:41 AM

Please put me on the list for this one! Fabulous work!

Put me down for one.

T

I would like one please.

Aloha tiki folks,

I was at the printer's this afternoon and just signed off on the print. They should be dry and ready for pick up by the end off the week.

I think the prints look great, but the specs I originally gave in the first post have changed slightly...

First of all, these are going to be line lithographs (200 lines). I think you'll like the finished print.

Secondly, the prints are going to be bigger than I originally quoted. I said the print would be around 16 x 24 inches. In reality it's closer to 24 x 36 inches (give or take a few).

Thirdly, I said the prints would be printed on 78lb stock. That has been changed to 100lb paper. That allows for better quality.

I am going to be charging $45 US plus shipping and handling. The tubes I'll be using alone will cost close to $3.50 each, so most of you can expect approx. $13-$15 US for shipping charges. Of course, that will depend on where you live.

I will number and sign the prints in pencil. This will be an edition of 500. Please do not ask for a particular number in the edition. The print will already have the title printed on the bottom.

Lastly, I will be in San Diego and Los Angeles next month and thought a few of you Californian folks might like to meet with me and save on the shipping charges. If that sounds appealing to anyone, please PM me and I'll post more details here later as I figure this out.

To everyone else:
If you want your copy, PM me now and shipping could start as early as next week.

Thanks again for your interest.

Slacks

Glad to see it come to life for you Slacks. Cant wait to see them.

Yay!!! Good news, you must be very excited. I can't wait to get my (low numbered) print. I may be able to arrange for someone to pick up my (low numbered) print from you in person 'cuz my niece is moving to Calgary in the next couple of weeks, so just hang on to the (low numbered) thing, would you?

I am sooo looking forward to being a proud owner of one of your prints!
I PMed you too.

Cheers, Kris

At last! Reasonably-priced, large-sized tiki art--what a concept!!!! Who wants to buy 13"x16" art?--phooey. Yay, Slacks!

yayyy! finally we're THERE!

Way to go Slacks, we so much appreciate the effort that went in to making this a reality!

I can't wait to hang it in the newly painted livingroom!

Move over SweetDaddy, didn't you see that I'm first on the list for who wants a print? :wink: Just kidding, there's enough for all!

Thanks to everyone who has PM'd and e-mailed me so far. I really appreciate the support and response! I just wanted to answer a few questions:

First of all, I will be accepting payment by Paypal. Personal cheques would be fine too, but with those, I'm gonna have to wait for them to clear, so delivery will take longer.

Secondly, I will be getting the shipping costs figured out ASAP. Once that's done, I'll be e-mailing or PM'ing you folks back to let you know the totals. My goal is to have a website made for this (and another) print which will make it easy for people to purchase the print with Paypal. Friends of mine tell me this is easy to do. But until then, I will have to e-mail you back with the totals.

As for those of you who would like to meet up in San Diego or LA, I'm still working out the details for that. I'll definately let you know once I've figured something out!

Thanks again everyone!

Aubrey

On 2006-05-31 11:04, Tikiwahine wrote:
Move over SweetDaddy, didn't you see that I'm first on the list for who wants a print?

Yeah, but I was the first paying customer. I plunked down my cash in person on the Victoria Day long weekend while enjoying the hospitality and fine rum drinks of Casa Ferrett.

Hi everyone,

The new phone books are here! The new phone books are here!

I just posted the prices (including shipping and handling) at the bottom of the original post to this thread.

Those of you in San Diego and L.A. who wanted to meet up with me and save on shipping...stay tuned...I'll try to have that detail sorted out by next week. But, just so you know, it's most likely that it'll happen on June 28th or 29th in San Diego and sometime after July 3rd in LA.

Thanks again folks!

On 2006-05-31 11:04, Tikiwahine wrote:
Move over SweetDaddy, didn't you see that I'm first on the list for who wants a print?

On 2006-05-31 23:37, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
Yeah, but I was the first paying customer. I plunked down my cash in person on the Victoria Day long weekend while enjoying the hospitality and fine rum drinks of Casa Ferrett.

Well, I'm all paid up now too!

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Slacks was kind enough to bring a print by the hotrod show for me to look at. And all I can say is WOW!!!!, its huge and the color is amazing. If you don't get one , then your not into tiki as far as I am concerned

D

woo hoo, #24 arrived in Seattle safe and sound.. very nice indeed!

#22 arrived yesterday attached to Tiki A. Moaikingbird. Beauty! Now to have it framed (after I return enough empties).

A question: what are the different kinds of tikis, specifically the guy on the far left and the little brown guy in the foreground on the right (next to the PNG guy).

Pages: 1 2 3 4 147 replies