Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Who tripped your TV trigger?

Pages: 1 43 replies

Ah, yes...
Ginger or Mary Ann? Janet or Chrissy? Buffy or Hildy?

Mrs. Howell had the edge with those cateye glasses on a stick.

Mrs. Roper was the undisputed MuuMuu Queen.

I suspect Mrs. C had quite a tiger in her tank.

You can't beat The Ghost and Mrs. Muir for unrequiteable sexual tension.

And who wouldn't have wanted Phoebe Figallily tucking them in at night?

And ladies, who did it for you?...Greg or Peter?
Keith or Danny?
Joe or Frank?
Henry or Kip*?
Larry or Balki?

TG

My vote is for "Jeanie", Barbara Eden, "hands down".

[ Edited by: Tiki G. on 2005-05-13 10:46 ]

PJ - you may want to add these options to the ladies' list:

Chip or Ernie
Grady or Bubba

And "Ponch or John"!

My, uh, "formative" years were filled with dreams of whiskey-voiced goddesses who taunted me every week from the boob-tube:
Susan Saint James, the wife from "McMillan & Wife" (her guest spot a few years later on MASH was stupendous!).
Erin Gray from Buck Rogers. White disco-flightsuit - 'nuff said.
Any yeoman who handed Captain Kirk a clipboard..."Set phaces on 'stunned'"

Tiki-bot

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2005-05-13 10:34 ]

B

Maxwell Smart! Anybody who can look smooth talking into a shoe has my vote!

OK...how about Larry, Daryl or Daryl? :D

Lurch: Yes, Mrs. Addammmms ....

E
eel posted on Fri, May 13, 2005 11:05 AM

O O O Johnny from Emergency! I remember kissing the screen. Damn I'm old...

T

I wanted to be McGarrett of Hawaii Five-0. I wanted to be with Jeannie (in her suggestively-shaped love-nest with all those pink pillows). "Book-em, Jeannie, murder one!" "Yes, Master!" Ha! Mmmm, TV... (By the way, I'm happy to report I longer want to be McGarrett -- I'm quite happy with being myself at this point. I wouldn't mind that hair, though (shaped just like a killer wave off the Hawaiian coast).) Hey, Jack Lord (McGarrett) and Tina Louise (Ginger) were both in the bizarre and worthwhile film, "God's Little Acre." So there.

On 2005-05-13 10:33, Tiki-bot wrote:
Erin Gray from Buck Rogers. White disco-flightsuit - 'nuff said.

Twiki: "Mmm... Erin Gray. Biddy biddy biddy!!!"
Dr. Theopolis: "I concur, Twinki!"

WONDER WOMAN
Wonder twin powers, activate!!

WKRP
Gotta love Loni Anderson. The chick who played Baily wasn't half bad either!

Tiki-bot

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2005-05-13 10:34 ]

[ Edited by: joefla70 on 2005-05-13 14:02 ]

S

Audra from The Big Valley was the first hottie I recall.

I remember watching Gilligan's Island for the scene where we see down Ginger's dress to the bra!

Now I think about Jeannie and Samantha and I really can't imagine it. As a kid it was funny and all. As an adult male, I can't imagine having either and not taking full advantage in a myriad of ways. Your woman can look like anyone in a moment's notice??? What's wrong with these men?

"Wonder Woman,
Get us out from under, Wonder Woman.
All our hopes are pinned on you.
And the magic that you do."

No thanks, I'll stay under!

S

Oh, and Twikki was memorable as the robot with a penis shaped head.

J

Rue Mclanahan, Betty White or Bea Arthur?

J

On 2005-05-13 12:46, Swanky wrote:

Now I think about Jeannie and Samantha and I really can't imagine it. As a kid it was funny and all. As an adult male, I can't imagine having either and not taking full advantage in a myriad of ways. Your woman can look like anyone in a moment's notice??? What's wrong with these men?

I think Major Nelson was gay. There is no other explanation.

[ Edited by: purple jade 2005-08-25 09:16 ]

Wonder Woman was a good call, but Elizabeth Montgomery (Samantha Stevens) was my first.

Stupid Darren, not letting her take advantage of her natural talents.

P

I think my very first TV "crush" was on a mouseketeer. I think it was Darleen. Annette, too, of course. Also Jeannie, of course. I really liked the harem costume. The big one, though, was Mary Ann and she still stands as my all-time favorite. Then there was Leslie Ann Warren, when she was on Mission Impossible. I recall at about that same time she did a commercial - I think it was for a soft drink - she was wearing a red and white striped bikini and being carried around on a surfboard. Seeing that I credit as the moment I became heterosexual.

P

On 2005-05-13 14:31, purple jade wrote:
OK here's my True Confession...
This face set my preteen heart a-flutter.

"No thanks... (inset hand gesture)...I'm trying to cut down."

OK, I have to admit. I have absolutely no idea who this guy is.

H

While the other girls were papering their walls with photos out of Tiger Beat, I was off playing ninja with the boys, or teaching myself BASIC on my Commodore 64. However, I did quiety hold one weakness: Ricky Schroeder. Don't tell.

B

The blonde sister on Too Close For Comfort

D

I was going to say Rubin Kinkaid but...that would be a fib. It was David Cassidy that made my lil' 5 year old heart go pitty pat

J

Can't believe no one has mentioned...

...the lovely and talented Catherine Bach AKA Daisy Duke! Man I dug her! I'm sure there were a few before her but Daisy was my all-time favorite!

Powerful with the Force was Marcia Brady, and rife with fantasy potential:

Even more powerful to a young boy was Joy from the Bugaloos, played by Caroline Ellis. Absolutely adorable and with a British accent that made my heart melt. Did British TC'ers have similar crushes on American actresses?

Question for the ladies. Did you prefer:

John McIndoe as "I.Q."

John Philpott as "Courage"

...Or Wayne Laryea as "Harmony"?

Sabu

I always admired the mystic of that sausy Brit Diana Rigg and her kinky boots

Nope it was Honor Blackman that had the kinky boots!

I

When I was 5, it was the Catwoman (Julie Newmar) from the 60's Batman TV show.

When I was 9, it was Laurie Partridge (Susan Dey)

Around 1980, it was Melanie Chartoff, from the Fridays late night comedy show.

There were likely many others in between, but those are the ones I remember the most.

Vern

S

Ah, first loves...

Venus (the one on the left) from "Fireball XL-5"

A little later, Marina (from "Stingray")

Later took up with Emma Peel. (no strings)

Diana Rigg - Avengers

Julie Newmar - Batman

Stephanie Powers - Girl From U.N.C.L.E.

Anne Francis - Honey West

These were the TV heroines that ignited a fire of desire that burned ferosiously in my teenage loins. I often wonder if the fact that they all wore tight, black cat-suits had anything to do with it.

"Whip me, Beat me...make me write BAD checks!"

On 2005-05-13 15:33, purple jade wrote:
He's Kate Hudson's uncle.

I LOVED the Hudson Bros!! But my heart belonged to Vince Van Patten

I loved him as Paul Apple in "Apple's Way" and as Tom Roberts in "Rock n Roll High School." I still think he's dreamy

**** sigh ****

On 2005-05-13 11:05, eel wrote:

Randy Mantooth!

My best friend and I watched "Emergency" like little hawks! Every stinkin' day we had a debate about which one of the guys was the better looking one.

The moonbase girls from U.F.O....English girls are hot!!!

Maya from Space 1999. Hungarian Girls are hot!!!

I'm in love with Emma Peel!!! Actually the name of a song by a Northwest band from the 80's. I belive they were called the Allies.

Did I mention Emma Peel???

Eddie Munsters mom was HOT!!!

Bless you Mr Hill! Bless you!!!

Carol Cleveland from Monty Python.

[ Edited by: TikiGardener on 2005-05-14 01:34 ]

[ Edited by: TikiGardener on 2005-05-14 01:41 ]

H
hewey posted on Sat, May 14, 2005 6:22 PM

I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest an animated character - Jessica Rabbit. Ever since i have had a thing for curvy girls with lots of cleavage, and a bit of sass.

And who could forget that line:
"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way"

On 2005-05-13 11:05, eel wrote:

Johnny from Emergency!!!! My 2 older brothers used to taunt me ALL the way to school, "Gretchen loooooves Johnny on Emergency" It made me cry. But I loved him. Also Leif Garret, from the episode of CHIPS, where he was a rock star who was 'exhausted', ahem.

Peter Brady.
Keith Partridge, but NOT Shaun Cassidy.

I wondered how long it would take for someone to mention Emma Peel. Wow!

P

The Benny Hill pictures reminded me of something else.

Back at around the same time that Leslie Ann Warren was on Mission Impossible, Dean Martin was still doing his variety show, and he has his own version of the Hill's Angels. They were called the Golddiggers and they used to dance and provide a little extra cheescake for the dry martini crowd. A few years later in the early 70s The Golddiggers had their own variety show. I think it was a summer replacement. There was one of them in particular. I think her name was Tanya and she always wore her hair in pig-tails. There was also a blonde whose name I think was Nancy. Well, everyone knew her as Nancy. The show also featured the ever annoying Charles Nelson Reilly.

The show even got kind of tiki once. I remember one skit where Charles Nelson Reilly was a cannibal being interviewed by a reporter. He was complaining about how difficult it is being a cannibal these days. The reporter asked "Then why do you still do it?" Reilly picked up one of those plate cover things and under it was one of the Golddigger girls in a bikini. As he started salting her, Reilly answered, "I just like people, I guess." The girl wasn't Tanya or Nancy, but it was cute anyway.

Golddiggers

http://www.tvparty.com/golddiggers.html

[ Edited by: TikiGardener on 2005-05-15 03:45 ]

Goldie from Laugh In

On 2005-05-13 17:39, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote: Did British TC'ers have similar crushes on American actresses?

Sabu

I was growing up in the US between the ages of 9 & 16, so I grew up on the same actresses as most people here. I recall having a strange fascination for the Hemingway grand-daughters. (Mariel & Margeux - though I still can't tell the difference)

Trader Woody

TB

Ben rocked my world.
I always wanted to get my claws around that kids neck for putting that chain on "Bensy".
I spent some time with Ben, and it turns out, he liked that kind of stuff (chains, etc,). Let me tell you, there was nothing "gentle" about him.
And oh ya, Yogi and Booboo can also snatch my "picnic basket" anytime. :)

Dean Martin was still doing his variety show, and he has his own version of the Hill's Angels. They were called the Golddiggers and they used to dance and provide a little extra cheescake for the dry martini crowd. A few years later in the early 70s

Didn't the Golddiggers become The Ding-a-ling Sisters? I could never keep a straight face hearing that name, what were they thinking?

First it was Marcia Brady

Then when I was 5 or 6 ISIS had me saying, "Marcia Who?"

...I'd really like to finish this post, but I'm told I must do laundry.

-Z

For eel and mrs. pineapple:

http://www.randymantooth.com (I kid you not.)

Just what is this emergency, anyway?

Grandpa made s'mores in the microwave again?

Pages: 1 43 replies