Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

gods tiki bar sold sold sold

Pages: 1 2 3 4 158 replies

This one is no longer avaliable,but we have more.

[ Edited by: sonofabeach 2005-07-15 08:12 ]

SOLD SOLD SOLD

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-06-21 08:02 ]

Man!!! I for one love your bars. Hope to see you when in town. Ignor these guys sob. At first thought they were joking around. Nope! Just really stupid people.

[ Edited by: Ocean-Tiki 2005-07-07 10:22 ]

I hate posting stuff like this but sonofabeach and Ocean-tiki seem to be the same person. :(

J
Jawa posted on Mon, Jun 13, 2005 4:21 PM

What's next around here, people bidding on their own auctions to drive up the price? Dogs and cats living together? Mass hysteria?

Hanford, aren't there some moderator's rules against this type of strange and devious behavior, especially in the Marketplace Forum?

T

He says, how did you get the water and rocks to look like that? Lets see if he answers himself.. :)

I think that I have two personalities maybe somethying to do with being a Gemini but only one screen name :D

On 2005-06-14 12:21, teaKEY wrote:
I think that I have two personalities maybe somethying to do with being a Gemini but only one screen name :D

coughbullshitcough

M

All 3 posts edited within 73 seconds of eachother... Guess that's our confirmation.

Come on Beach.
Don't do that Tiki Toa crap to us.

*On 2005-06-14 12:13, Aaron's Akua wrote:*Hanford, aren't there some moderator's rules against this type of strange and devious behavior, especially in the Marketplace Forum?

No hard-and-fast rules, no.

But obviously, if I (or any of the moderators) see something like this happening, we feel it's important to let TCers know about it.

Anyone who creates a second profile runs the risk of me or another moderator(or even just a sleuthy TCer) outing them.

I used to have two personalities, but now were okay.

H

Creating an alternate profile to express a sensitive/controversial opinion is a time-honored forum (not just TC) tradition... but like Hanford says, do it at your own risk... people get called out on it all the time.

Personally speaking, I don't really mind unless 1) you're using an alternate profile to hype your own stuff, especially for potential financial gain, or 2) you're overtly lying about having multiple profiles.

If anyone thinks this is a worthwhile topic for us to discuss as a community (i.e., how do we feel about our fellow TCers hiding behind alternate profiles?), please feel free to start a thread in Beyond.

I know the Pineapples won't be buying anything from SoB....

:)

T

Humuhumu coughbullshitcough

No, its true, I'm a Gemini. :)

I heard that Tiki-bot and Tiki Bong are the same person.

T

On 2005-06-14 12:55, Humuhumu wrote:

coughbullshitcough

Take it easy - you wouldn't want a MaD teaKEY on your hands!

what I want to know is: who bought the tiki bar? it got sold on eBay? did he buy it from himself?

BTW - I think Mrs. Pineapple is SO great, she's SO funny and her posts are why I joined, she should be made a secret super special agent. I LOVE her.

PY

I think Poly Pop is a dreamboat myself....

H

I just LOVE myself....no need for a double....

On 2005-06-14 15:39, hiltiki wrote:

Pics?

[ Edited by: rodeotiki on 2005-06-14 16:45 ]

If I could have bought that bar I would have bought it for my favorite TC'er . I would also like to give him some of my Authentic Hawiian Tiki Knee Pads!!
Keep it Real,
Knee Pads

[ Edited by: CaptainKneePads Tiki on 2005-07-02 13:08 ]

On 2005-06-14 15:39, hiltiki wrote:

I think this post belongs in bilge :)

Unga Bunga's posts rock!
(This is Unga Bunga screwin' around on rum at 1:42 AM)

[ Edited by: bUNGA uNGA on 2005-06-15 01:41 ]

Two different people. I woould be more then happy to let anyone of you use this computer if you have a need. OT's wife is disabled and he can't afford a new computer and the moment. Many cost involved in her rehabilitation. Thats what I believe members to be all about. Helping when in need. I know many people with the same interest in tiki. A few are members.

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-06-21 07:11 ]

Mr. SoB, we would never make fun of someone's legitimate misfortune. The gig is up, you're just making it worse. OT says he bought the bar on eBay, and you say he bought it from your shop, what up? Artists and entrepreneurs get a fair shake on TC, newbies are encouraged and critiqued by the masters. Lively, honest discussion is an everyday occurrence here, sometimes people stray over the line of propriety, and the moderators step in. This is what has happened to you. Suck it up, man. You need to move on and behave yourself. These posts rang fishy long before Hanford stepped in, just so you know.

Pineapple-It is obvious a few of you find it hard believing we are a small community with ties. It is called helping one another.
As OT described. He found this bar on ebay. That particular bar would have been of no use to him as indicated.
Check the Buffett Post. You will find a new insight and what it means to donate their time and efforts to their communities. This is an area I find TC may fall short in. At the very least they have never had a bad word for anyone that I am aware of. But it is never to late to start. Good luck to all of you.

SoB - maybe you can search a little further, you might find that I'm well aware of the community spirit and generosity of the members of Tiki Central. Mr. Pineapple and I raised $3500 in one night, a few years ago for AIDS services in CA. The artists on TC donated the bulk of our auction items. They also BOUGHT the bulk of the auction items, and supported us on our ride and in our fundraising, and celebrated with us when we arrived in LA on our bicycles. It was a real community effort, and TC members from across the country stepped up and helped us raise money for our cause.

You can continue the charade and blame the so called cynicism of a few TC members, but really, the gig is up. Retreat gracefully and let it go. We think you doth protest too much.

I commend you and all involved for the effort two years ago. And I promise I will not call you a liar. I believe you. Good luck and take care.

I just have to ask: SonofaOceanTiki, if this is all on the up and up, why all the editing of the original posts, and by "each" of you? If OT doesn't have a computer, it seems a little coincidental that he went down to "the center" to edit his posts about the same time you edited yours. And why remove all the links? These actions seem to contradict your back-peddling explanations.

Multiple identities are pretty common out on the interwebs, especially places like eBay. I can see why someone with multiple logins for the purposes of promoting and commenting on their ebay sales (or having their friends do it) wouldn't think twice about doing the same on a site like TC. It's pretty clear that OT's original "Best deal" post is an eBay-style sales pitch, especially when he chimes in later to add "and I got a free sign, too" and all his emploring to "check them out / he will give you a great deal", etc. Crafty, all of it, but not cool here.

On 2005-06-15 10:58, rodeotiki wrote:

oh noooooo! bunga unga strikes again....

Rodeo - Bunga must be using your computer, or wait...are YOU Bunga??

.... must... stop.... replying....
......too......easy......

"You're the mayor of shark city, people think you want the beaches open."

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2005-06-15 11:18 ]

Ocean-Tiki:

(parrots not my thing) although they look pretty kool.

sonofabeach:

Really kool with some history

===============
Ocean-Tiki:
*I have been checking out tiki bars....
If not you should check it out.
PS Check the bar stools.
HI! Unga. I checked his out and they are nice

sonofabeach:
Check out bamboobens Oasis Bar...
...Check the Buffett Post.

===================

Ocean-Tiki:
...The talent here amazes me. Thanks for sharing.

sonofabeach:
Really nice bar ben. Love your art work. Excellent craftsmanship. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

=====================

I can keep going if you like. Just fess-up, sonofabeach. You'll feel better.

Sabu

Sabu -
Thanks for sharing, that's amazing and kool!

mrs. Tiki-Bot

oooops

I just love Sabuki Theater.

-Z

SIGNING OFF.

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-06-15 12:48 ]

H

Yes, this is really quite a sob story. What, pray tell, does Ocean-Tiki's alleged legless wife have to do with explaining why Ocean-Tiki & sonofabeach were using the same computer? If all is really so innocent, why the oh-woe-is-he tale? sniff sniff -- is that herring I smell?

And we're expected to believe that Ocean-Tiki just happens to be posting on a computer that sonofabeach had been using as his own personal computer at home for posting, and later donated?

Really -- even if the story could be true (and I think I'll sooner be able to shake hands with a menehune than with Ocean-Tiki), that sonofabeach has been editing the posts of another TCer is a very-not-OK-thing.

On 2005-06-15 11:11, mrs. pineapple wrote:

oh noooooo! bunga unga strikes again....

Rodeo - Bunga must be using your computer, or wait...are YOU Bunga??

I have studied the ways of Master Bunga . The power of his post's is strong.

T

I was just perusing the "slippery ebay sellers" thread and there's a section that talks about the sudden abundance of sellers who claim a death or injury in the family as an excuse to not send out merchandise to auction winners. While there's no way to verify SoaB/OT's oddly inappropriate claim, it's becoming a pretty common fall-back tactic to try to manufacture sympathy via some ultra-pityable situation. I'm only surprised he didn't make it a child instead of a wife - but then a child probably wouldn't be drinking at a tiki bar.

And just for fun, a GIS for "Unga Bunga":

I find that amusing. While you will never find my name on such a list several others did ring a bell or three. You may not want to advertise it if I were you. Just a suggestion. Your can of worms. The child and the Hawaiian shirt you must have read. How original. You may consider becoming an author.

[ Edited by: sonofabeach on 2005-06-15 15:55 ]

Yeah, the double amputee cancer victim wife is always a heartbreaker. What kind of callous, cold hearted bunch would question the motives of someone with so much tragedy in their life? I'm just glad OT doesn't have access to a computer anymore, so he doesn't have to witness the coarseness of the TC crowd.

I'm burning in a special hell for this, I know!

On 2005-06-15 15:53, mrs. pineapple wrote:
Yeah, the double amputee cancer victim wife is always a heartbreaker. What kind of callous, cold hearted bunch would question the motives of someone with so much tragedy in their life? I'm just glad OT doesn't have access to a computer anymore, so he doesn't have to witness the coarseness of the TC crowd.

I'm burning in a special hell for this, I know!

I would say your already there. Is this TIKI-BOT OR mrs. pineapple this time. Just curious.

On 2005-06-15 16:02, sonofabeach wrote:
I would say your already there. Is this TIKI-BOT OR mrs. pineapple this time. Just curious.

whatever are you talking about?

OK I'm done, I'm going over to Bilge to talk about Jimmy Buffet with Bong.

T

"I'll take "Completely Incomprehensible Jibberish" for a thousand, Alex".

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.