Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

circus peanuts are superior to candy corn

Pages: 1 41 replies

J
john posted on Sun, Jun 12, 2005 3:19 AM

dont know wht, they just are. i can only eat a handful of candy corn, but i can chow down on circus peanuts all day long!

"Candy Corn! Corn...that tastes like CANDY! I can't wait!"

I admit to having sporadic cravings for candy corn, but have never been swayed by the siren song of circus peanuts (although I do remember they were an integral part of a MST3K milkshake recipe...)

8T

circus peanuts are superior to candy corn

NO THE'YRE NOT. AND THE THANKSGIVING CANDY CORN IS GREAT TOO.

I could never figure out why a circus peanut tastes more like a styrofoam banana than a peanut anyway.

Glad you like them, that leaves more candy corn for the rest of us.

J
john posted on Mon, Jun 13, 2005 12:11 AM

oh, how can you say that - the only variation of the candy corn that is worth anything is those pumpkin shaped things!
long live the circus peanut!

J
john posted on Mon, Jun 13, 2005 7:12 PM

well, that would help in a healthier discussion, but there are no peanuts in circus peanuts, and no corn in candy corn

There is a really great Halloween Mix that has candy corn, the orange pumpkins and orange and yellow jelly bellys. I think that it has big yellow corn, too. I wish it was around all year!!

I find myself strangely enamored of them both. Yes, I love them both.

However, I will have to give the nod to candy corn, if forced to choose, for one reason only: the little white bottom part of the 3 layers. I am compelled, by some some childhood spell, to save for last the biggest "whites" and apply them to my canine teeth, creating instant fangs.

I have never, ever eaten candy corn without the Dracula piece de resistance. This includes eating them alone, without an audience for my fangs.

Actually, I do not recall eating them alone for several decades now, but I'm sure I would do it.

This is somehow tied to biting off the chocolate bunnies' ears first, then all remaining appendages, according to size. This means that the head is the penultimate portion, saving the trunk for last.

Again, this applies to private as well as public consumption.

Circus peanuts, especially stale ones, are NASTY. I'd rather eat headcheese!

8T

The best brand is Brachs

Love those chocolate ones!

And now the rare photo of Formikahini with her fangs.

When we first met.......

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2005-06-14 14:51 ]

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2005-06-14 14:56 ]

M
Moki posted on Tue, Jun 14, 2005 4:17 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That picture cracked me up!!

I love candy corn and would be fine to never see a circus peanut again in my life. Yuck!! Sorry John.

The best part of eating candy corn is biting each color off seperatly, starting with the smaller white end. Sick, I know..... I've been eating them this way since I was a child. :wink:

H

I once saved a man's life using a circus peanut.

I am not making this up.

On 2005-06-14 16:22, Humuhumu wrote:
I once saved a man's life using a circus peanut.

I am not making this up.

How so??

don't leave us hanging, man...

by the way, what's a circus peanut? is that a euphemism?

H

I'd rather not have this man's personal medical history blasted all over the internet, but I'll happily relate the tale in person to anyone who's interested. It was a scary, not-so-fun event at the time, but enough time has passed now to laugh at it.

I'm sure if we wait a few minutes, though, Unga Bunga will post a photo of it.

J
john posted on Tue, Jun 14, 2005 4:55 PM

[ Edited by: john on 2005-06-14 16:55 ]

Here's the dope on circus peanuts from Uncle Cecil himself:

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_222b.html

"I think they are the horror that is the circus, that flat tin taste of fear and clowns and little lost children amid the cotton candy stink and the piles of elephant doo-doo and the clamor of the midway and the tinny sound of the circus band endlessly wheezing its way through yet another soulless circus fanfare."

J

In my opinion they are the two foulest tasting candies I've ever tasted and I've eaten my share of candy - I've got the fillings in my teeth to prove it! The thought of eating either one makes me completely nauseous!

On 2005-06-14 14:49, 8FT Tiki wrote:

And now the rare photo of Formikahini with her fangs.
Hahahahaha! 8Ft, un-CANNY the resemblance! :lol: :lol:
exCEPT: only the white, bottom third of the candy corn is used.

And johntiki, you probably also hate the candy I love even more: Beich's Banana Bites. Absolutely NOthing even remotely bananine (my new adjective) about them, but I love them.
And Hot Tamales.
And Tootsie Rolls. Zazz!

I think it's the chewy texture these all have in common.

Either that, or I'm attracted to trash.

wait, nobody answer that......

On 2005-06-14 16:31, Humuhumu wrote:

Sorry Humu, I'm getting slow in my old age.

Circus Peanuts

J
john posted on Wed, Jun 15, 2005 3:41 AM

On 2005-06-14 20:12, johntiki wrote:
In my opinion they are the two foulest tasting candies I've ever tasted and I've eaten my share of candy - I've got the fillings in my teeth to prove it! The thought of eating either one makes me completely nauseous!

next you're gonna say you hate peeps :D

oh i wanna hear how a circus peanut saved a life.

J

Hot Tamales, Tootsie Rolls and Peeps are all good in my book but the taste of both Circus Peanuts and Candy Corn turn my stomach... I'm actually getting clammy and my stomach is starting to rumble thinking about putting one of those foul "peanuts" in my mouth. John if I puke I'm gonna blame it on your topic! :wink: (Gotta think positive thoughts like Mike and Ike's or Jolly Joe's that seems to settle my stomach)

On 2005-06-14 21:10, Formikahini wrote:
Beich's Banana Bites. Absolutely NOthing even remotely bananine (my new adjective) about them, but I love them.

There is something oddly compelling about that fake bananoid flavoring...and I love those banana/fudgecicles, too.

speaking of corn syrup in its many colorful forms, I just read that the makers of TWINKIES are going bankrupt!!

will there be no more Twinkies??

Should I start buying and hoarding them now? AFter all, they will never spoil...

Fear and loathing from TwinkieCentral.com...

I've been known to polish off a bag of Circus Peanuts.

On 2005-06-15 11:40, dangergirl299 wrote:
will there be no more Twinkies??

Should I start buying and hoarding them now?

and which men will be "twinkieworthy?" :)

On 2005-06-15 18:22, Johnny Dollar wrote:

[i]On 2005-06-15 18:22, Johnny Dollar wrote

That IS the question!
I'll let you know when I find one!
:lol:

Humu, you've perked my interest. I'll have to hear the tale when I see you again.

And my vote is for candy corn!

unga win the seinfeld reference :tiki:

On 2005-06-14 16:31, Humuhumu wrote:

Ha ha ha! I just laughed so hard a candy corn came out my nose! (And they don't even sell them over here.....)

Trader Woody

pray tell, regarding grotty sweeties from the land of beeb...

B

salt peanuts, salt peanuts

W

I came across this thread while searching to see if anyone had ever posted about the Tiki C-O-the-C holders. I probably missed this thread first time around because back then Bilge was the crazy meaningless place on Tiki Central...Now it is the last refuge of the sane. Funny how things can change when I'm making statements I don't actually believe.

What I have always liked about circus peanuts is the texture. They feel like your eating something that isn't edible...Like one of those weird foam rubber toe spacers LiLoTi wears because of the corns on his toes. (Bet yuh wish those corns were candy, huh LiLoTi?)

Also circus peanuts remind me of Grandma MacMillan who always had them around. She also always had a well stocked bar though she only drank occasionally when she and my step-grandfather went out to eat.

No, I'm not rambling: I think a circus peanut would make an excellent garnish in some clever cocktail. One made with peanut butter schnapps? Don't be absurd. I said clever. Stop bothering me.

I thought circus peanuts are suppose to be fed to the elephants? Speaking of the zoo, have you
seen how many dead fish are floating at the top of the pond in the black bear compound? Maybe, but
buzzards only eat dead meat like me. Once I went to the circus but I was annoyed because all the Russians were stealing the sugar packets.

[ Edited by: tiki-riviera 2009-02-17 15:14 ]

wow three pages on circus peanuts vs candy corn, neither one is chocolate so theyre both at the same level for me. I bet circus peanuts would make good insulation

i like the way circus peanuts squish betwixt my fingers! the cushions on the couch at my studio feel like that!

woofbutt wrote:

What I have always liked about circus peanuts is the texture. They feel like your eating something that isn't edible...Like one of those weird foam rubber toe spacers LiLoTi wears because of the corns on his toes. (Bet yuh wish those corns were candy, huh LiLoTi?)

they are!
:lol:

H

I'm pretty sure packing peanuts taste better than candy corn.

I think all the Circus Peanuts should be gathered up in a rocket and fired directly into the sun.

Does anyone know where the circus is currently? I'd like to buy some peanuts.

TZ

If you mix candy corn and dry roasted peanuts (real, not circus) it tastes just like a Payday candy bar. The perfect ratio, however, is an elusive goal attained by few.

On 2009-03-06 10:32, tiki-riviera wrote:
Does anyone know where the circus is currently? I'd like to buy some peanuts.

http://www.shrinecircus.com/search.cfm

On 2009-02-11 21:19, woofmutt wrote:
...Now it is the last refuge of the sane.

I challenge that statement!

Your love of Circus Peanuts clearly indicates you are not sane.

I know I am not sane, and my love of Circus Peanuts is simply further proof of what is already widely known and accepted. They say I suffer from insanity, but they are quite obviously wrong because there is no suffering, I enjoy most every minute of it.

Confections at dawn! 10 paces, single shot, choose your honor and your second.

Pages: 1 41 replies