Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

I know the feeling of being carved.

Pages: 1 2 70 replies

M

The pics show up a lil funny but judging by the rest of your pictures, I'm sure this piece will look awesome.

F

definately looks thiner from the side

no hands yet

R

I dont know exactly what it is , but your carvings look like they could come alive at any moment . Maybe its the eyes.
I am tempted to ask a friend to try airbrushing on one.

They look awesome.

C

I agree...you have carved a little life into your latest
effort...i swear it's winking at me!

F

alway wanted to try some skulls. The next will definately be better.

Hollow head for a candle and the eyes will glow.

Thanks for looking and to everyone who posts their work.

Palm City Tiki

[ Edited by: flacookz 2005-09-07 14:23 ]

B

Some Excellent tikis Sir Cookz. The addition of color is really making these guys Pop way out. The Skulls guy is Way over the top.

Nice airbrushing on those guys, flacookz. Do you also paint, as in paintings?

i'm really liking the skull guy; all are great!

F

Aaron yes I still do some painting. but I use to do alot. Tshirts, Helmets and cars. But the Tiki life seems to fit for now.

Palama would you want that one as the trade for the ACC pair?

Ben I would still like to get together. R U ever available on the weekend?

Thanks for recognition everyone.

B

Yes I will be available on most wekends from now to Hukilau. Lets set it up!

Heck Yeah, i'll take Skull Tiki in trade! Thanks! Let me know when you are available to get together...

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Sep 9, 2005 5:40 AM

These rock Cookz!!! I like the detail and the new ideas for headdresses

Mahalo

I like that the Pineapple Top's "Hair" is a Pineapple's top. Most carvers doing a Pineapple Head Tiki usually just put an image of a pineapple on the forehead, I like your idea much better.

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance 2005-09-09 07:08 ]

Just got done w/ a few more. To Busy to post now. Hurricane is a comin.....we maybe..... sometime.

http://www.PalmCityTiki.com

B

Welcome PalmCityTiki. I Like it. Hope you are all ready for Wilma??

Thanks, PCT, I was getting confused! Looking forward to your next batch of stylized Florida Style tikis. Take care, stay dry, stay safe.

A-A

K
kirby posted on Wed, May 24, 2006 5:10 PM

bump... this is one of my favs...

B

You have been MISSED around these parts palmCityTiki. SHow us some of your cool stuff if you can take the time.

I haven't been carving lately cause I was the one being carved on. I have/had a recurring problem with skin cancer/melanoma on the inside of my right calf. I had a large chunk (4"x7") removed and skin graft at the end of April. Hoping to start again soon. I stayed away from the web site and the temptaion. I figure in about another 2 weeks. The chips will be flying. Thanks for the bump.

G
GMAN posted on Tue, May 30, 2006 7:12 PM

PCT,

Sorry to hear about the flesh carving - sounds scary. I hope all works out well and you can get back to carving.

-Gman

Man, your polychroming method is awesome...is that an airbrush or a wash? (if it's a secret I'll understand). Helluva neat effect.

P.S. Get well soon and hang loose/hang ten.

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 30, 2006 8:03 PM

Love the skulls :)

Pages: 1 2 70 replies