Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Trader Vics in Dallas, TX Now Open!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 155 replies

Perhaps my brother in law. I think I may leave my wife with the kids or who knows, she may pop in with me. I'll see you there. Any advice in terms of parking?

K

On 2009-07-16 19:06, telescopes wrote:
Perhaps my brother in law. I think I may leave my wife with the kids or who knows, she may pop in with me. I'll see you there. Any advice in terms of parking?

I usually just use the free valet and tip the guy a couple of bucks on the way out. Sometimes there's a few spots in the very back of the Palomar but that's a long way to stagger back...

What's with changes? Nothing drastic I hope.

K

On 2009-07-16 19:18, telescopes wrote:
What's with changes? Nothing drastic I hope.

I wouldn't say drastic. I've been whining about it here.

In a nutshell, it's losing the "escapism" factor. Even though the decor is incredible, the vibe isn't there anymore.

I'll try to be there in the 5-6 happy hour time frame, too. I'd especially recommend the valet parking, tonight, as it may be raining when you leave. See ya.

I can't wait to return to the Dallas TV. I got to see it last year for only a few moments... er, I mean drinks. I remember it being incredible and was upset with myself for forgetting my camera.

I am certainly looking forward to visiting with the Texas TCer's as well. If not even more.

On 2009-07-17 07:26, Limbo Lizard wrote:
I'll try to be there in the 5-6 happy hour time frame, too. I'd especially recommend the valet parking, tonight, as it may be raining when you leave. See ya.

I'm guessing they don't have a smoking section. Coming from California, I should know better than to ask, but hey this is Texas, right?

Hi all,

I'll swing by at 5ish today too, even if I won't be properly attired (as in palm tree shirt). See ya there!

(and there is no smoking - Dallas recently changed the rules for bars, but TV's didn't have smoking before that either - unless one goes back to 1967...)

GK

On 2009-07-17 08:52, Grande Kahu wrote:
Hi all,

I'll swing by at 5ish today too, even if I won't be properly attired (as in palm tree shirt). See ya there!

(and there is no smoking - Dallas recently changed the rules for bars, but TV's didn't have smoking before that either - unless one goes back to 1967...)

GK

I probably wouldn't really be smoking my cigars or pipe, but given that I'm from California, I always get a kick out of litting up and remembering what it use to be like to smoke indoors.

Was there really ever such a time.

Grand Kahu - I look forward to seeing all of you. I'll have something on similar to tiki fashion.

To the Dallas TCer's I want you to know how appreciative I am of your coming out to welcome me to the Dallas TV. I enjoyed our conversation and felt like I gained a new appreciation of things tiki in the Dallas area.

I regret having to leave so soon. That was poor planning on my part. My wife just got out of the hopital and graciously agreed to watch the children in the hotel lobby while I met with you guys in the bar. In the end the antsy children wore her out. She was going to watch them at our sister's house but because of the traffic, we didn't make it there in time.

Still, I hope to meet up with you guys again soon. The pipe smoking on the boat is a fantastic idea, Limbo Lizard. Count me in next time.

What an awesome place you guys have to hang out.

K

Now THATS a supportive wife!

Great meeting you and please let us know when you visit TX again.

When we lived in St. Louis, she'd go out to the driveway on snowy mornings and scrape the ice off my windshield so that I could sleep in a few more minutes. She did that for years.

No complaints here.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 155 replies