Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Doctor Z's 4th Annual Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular 7/30 UPDATE pg.1

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies

Humuhumus on the menu? Looks like this party may be a bit wilder than I expected!

Save me a Hawaiian Ginger Twist. I'll be at the party a little later, around 7 or so. I always seem to miss them when you are mixing them.

T

This is the first official post from the party. It's 5:00 and the mai tais are flowing. I will be mixing up my world famous mojitos later this evening. Mrs. Pug says "Hi".

Have fun everybody. Wish i was cool too....jerks
Chongolio the loser

On 2005-07-30 17:16, Chongolio wrote:
Have fun everybody. Wish i was cool too....jerks
Chongolio the loser

Cheer up lil' buddy. Don't be a sorehead. You don't see me gettin' attitude 'cause I ain't at the party do ya? That's because I'm storing up all my anger & frustration to unleash on some poor, unsuspecting bastard when the time is right. So...DON'T PISS ME OFF MAN! Have fun you guys (you owe it to yerselves).

Children, children play nice! Don't make Grandpa come over there and give you a taste of my belt!

Woohoo! We are all here having a muy divertido tiempo!!! :)

Arrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Sure your'all havin fun. Arrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Next year fo sure!

Arrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

On 2005-07-30 20:31, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
Children, children play nice! Don't make Grandpa come over there and give you a taste of my belt!

p.s. You wish Atomic!!!!!!!!!!!!

im on my third hangover at Z's party, wish you were here.

Tbird.

T

Mmmmmmm, birthday cake and mai tais....nothings better

Glad to see all are having an absolute blast at the party!!! Sorry I couldn't be there...

(but if any out-of-towners want to meet me for breakfast/brunch/lunch tomorrow, PM/call/e-mail me)

blaaaaaaaaaaaah!

"Classic Clothing for a Modern World"

http://www.atomiccocktail.net

[ Edited by: Atomic cocktail 2005-08-02 20:04 ]

I thought I lived in a tiki oasis - While I do, Dr. Z has set the bar on an quantum higher level.

The tikis, the cocktails, the vibe: TikiNirvana!

OK it's late I'm going home now goodnight everyone...

On 2005-07-31 02:05, ookoo lady wrote:
OK it's late I'm going home now goodnight everyone...

Ummmmm....not me....now - where is that couch???

P

Back home and I have had TWO doses of Dr Z's patented sure-fire hangover remedy. I hope to survive tomorrow. G'night!

H

We just got home -- had a beyond grand time! Thanks to all who were willing to brave my Mai Tais. It was especially nice to see so many smiling faces -- the TikiPugs, MTKahuna, Floratina, etc. -- I don't get to see enough of you guys these days.

H

Just got home, what a fun party. I had the best time, nice meeting a lot of you.Mr. and Mrs. Spermy you were beyond fun....Z, thanks for being such a nice host and a Happy Birthday to you. ( I know I am early but who cares).

OK...it's 3:30 A.M. - the party is still going. You've heard of a "Ray's Mistake"???? I just perfected the "Padre's F&^%$ - up!! Not the best drink ever made - but - it's almost dawn!! WTF!

Thanks to Dr. Z!!! The luau of the year!

Whatzit, 4:00 and change? Still going on.
Drummer Adrian and Matt from Tiki Magazine are pounding away on the congas and Dr. Z is mixing Beachbum Berry's Own at the request of some certain revelers. Happy Sunday and Happy Birthday Dr. Z. We need more cowbell.

H

I had a BLAST! My thanks to the good Doctor and all of the wonderful guest bartenders. I'm STILL reeling.

Here are my pictures from this great event:

[fixed broken image links]

[ Edited by: Hakalugi 2013-03-30 23:23 ]

I am so lame I had to go home at midnight...Tikicutie and her famous "I got tired" excuse. BUT! (And a big but at that) THE PARTY WAS GREAT!

It was wonderful to see some of the regular crowd there, and to meet many new faces: hakalugi, cocomojo (Greg and Cindy Brady?), the reverend, MTKahuna, Christiki, TikiAnneB.Davis (also a reverend). Last but not least, it was so awesome to meet our list moderator, Mr. Hanford Leemore!

Tikipug, your Mojito was splendito, Jeff your Maitai was mighty, your LapuLapu was towering, and whoever made those fried wontons, those were wanton! Anybody's name I forgot, please forgive me, I was drinking (and you should have been too).

Sorry I had to leave early...I am sure I missed alot of people who came in for shift 3, after the tiki magazine party. I'll have to get into my time machine and return to the party after I left. Unfortunately I have been sick all week and partying takes its toll.

Or was it that weird bong everybody was passing around and calling a Breathalyzer test? Yeah right, everybody was puffin' on that!

The auction went great, thank you so much to everyone who bought my stuff: the giant hand painted lamp, the little bamboo table lamp, the tea towel and the carved green parrot wall thingy. But most of all thanks for all the compliments on my painting, and for all those who signed up for prints. I will take it to the printer this week and email you all with the info.

Last but not least, happy birthday to Dr. Z (in the future!), hey I'm gonna come over and help you clean up, ok Z?

So how many people got to play that buzzer game?

And to all who couldn't hear the spinning sounds of the amazing DJ Imps, Son of Mothra and his manservent hecubis, Brian...WELCOME TO THE LOUNGE!

Here's to next year!

Tikicutie

[ Edited by: TikiCutie 2005-07-31 10:13 ]

Dr Z sure knows how to throw a great party. We're just dragging ourselves out of bed now.

Hey I think I must have left about 10,000 brain cells there. Has anyone seen them?

Wow! What an awesome party. I met some really friendly & talented people & had a great time painting my tiki mask! Thanks, Dr. Z, for hosting such a wonderful party & for the hangover cure!It worked wonders.
Pics to come...
Ciao for now,
mermadia

[ Edited by: Mermadia 2005-07-31 12:19 ]

C

Greg (aka Cocomojo/BeelzaElvis/Goatiki and I are just sitting down to relax after our long trek home.
After sitting out in the car for 15 minutes and watching all the coppers driving by, I figured out how to drive Greg's car (yes stone cold sober). We got a nice burrito at Taco Bell and then started driving toward Yorba Linda. 2:15 am we made it as far as Torrance after we saw 2 cars run a red light we pulled into the Marriott got to sleep around 3:00 and slept until 8:15 am picked up the kids and made it home!
No hangover just tired!
What a great time we had last night. Dr. Z you are a gracious host, you really do know how to throw a party!
We met so many great folks last night! Love you Angela & Peggy! Tikicutie we love the loot we got from you and enjoyed meeting you! Spermy thanks for the help with the keys! Great to put names with faces Spermy and Whale Rider, Krustiki and OOkoolady, PapeToaTane, Atomic Cocktail and Vintagegirl, Tikipug (awesome Mojitos) Mrs. Pug, UtopianDream. Onatiki and Monica area awesome! Great to see Woohoo and Soccertiki and Hiltiki again!
Great drinks! Great food! Great company! Loved the silent auction! Loved the mask painting!
Thanks a million Dr. Z and happy birthday!
Cyntiki~~~~~~~~

Why is there a rain lamp in my living room? Why is there mint in Bamboo Handbag? Why does my boyfriend smell like Orgeat?

Great party, as always -- thanks so much for the supremo hospitality, Dr. Z!

H

ookoo lady, I picked up all your brain cells on the way out. PM me and I will send them all back to you. Ah, I had the best time last night.

K

Just a few photos this year---I spent more time having fun and less time taking pictures.

Whale Rider and Sperm Whale

Ookoo Lady taking Breathylizer test

Oh my god, I must be legally dead!

And to all who couldn't hear the spinning sounds of the amazing DJ Imps, Son of Mothra and his manservent hecubis, Brian...WELCOME TO THE LOUNGE!

Tikicutie

Let's see...that's 250 megabytes of Orgeat..no, no, that's 1/4 shot of IP address...no, no, wait, ok just some of this stuff...

The not-so-silent auction

The incredibly fabulous guest bartender Miss Humuhumu mixing up the Mai Tais

Anyone catch this performance at 2:00 a.m.? What a great voice. Some one please hire her.

Night Night!

G

Hello Doctor Z and fellow Tiki-ites
A blessed gift from WooHoo Wahini, the solver of all
Problems great and small. As I was submerging myself
Perfectly in the cleansing concoctions of Humu's famous
Yummy Mai Tai, Woohoo announced you shall be Goatiki.

Beautiful was the sound and simplicity.
In that moment Coco Mojo was no longer.
Reincarnated a new, I felt like the Phoenix rising from
The ashes. In the distance you could hear the
Hypnotic
Driving beat of the jungle sounds; evoking Mystic images of
Ancient and Hallowed gatherings of a bygone era. Day by day
Years will pass, however, these invocations will never fade.

Thanks to all for the great food, drink, chasers, (Spermy and Whalerider you may have saved our lives) and especially the conversation.

The silent auction was quite fun. Your old treasures that you parted with, shall now be ours.

It really was GREAT to meet so many of you!

I want to wish Dr.Z a Happy Birthday and express my gratitude for creating such a Tiki Friendly environment for us to chill.

It's a Tribe with a very cool Vibe.

Thanks for indulging the ramblings of a Mad Man.

Goatiki out.

[ Edited by: Goatiki 2005-07-31 15:01 ]

WooHoo Goatiki!! You have officially been TIKIFIED!!! :)

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2005 4:25 PM

What a great time, thanx Dr.Z, you throw one hell of a shindig.....

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-07-31 17:18 ]

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jul 31, 2005 5:15 PM

[ Edited by: kirby 2005-07-31 17:17 ]

O

We just got home!! What a great party!!

It was great to see everyone and meet some new friends.

Dr. Z was a great host and we can't wait to do it again. It's a shame we all live so far apart. We could do this on a regular basis, I'm sure Z wouldn't mind :wink:

Wish we had some pictures, but we didn't take any...

It's amazing how much shock you can get from a nine volt battery!! Whale Rider.... how many times DID you get shocked??

Hope the mess wasn't too bad this morning and thanks for the hangover cure. It worked exceptionally well.

Happy Birthday Jeff!!!

Man oh Man-
I had a blast yesterday!! It was so cool to be hanging out with all of my favorite people!!! Laura and I are still trying to recover. Just like Humu I also woke up with a bunch new goodies from the auction and I smell like oranges (I think I made miehana's yesterday)?? Oh yeah I hate that shocker game. I wanna thank Dr. Z for throwing such a cool party! I also want to thank everybody there for being such a fun bunch to be around!!!!
Later,
Spermy

Anybody know who won the blonde mermaid wall plaque? Did I?It was soooo cute!I bid on it but didn't stick around long enough to find out what transpired....
Somebody e-mail me @ [email protected] or PM me, por favor.
Last night was totally rad & all you guys are such fun to be around. Just want to say hi to Cyntiki & Greg. It was really fabulous meeting you two!
Can't wait to have my own back yard so I can host a mermaid party!!

UB

Is this a new Tiki sex device that I have not heard about yet? How come there's no thread on this!
ZZZZZ!!! Wish I lived closer to your place.
The pics look like I missed another good one.
Hopefuly next year. Happy B Day!

Argh....that blasted shocker game has plagued me with nightmares for the last 2 nights! I no longer have feeling in my right hand. A recall is in order.

Fun times were had by all at the Castaway. It was great fun seeing everyone. Many thanks go out to Dr. Z for being such a swell host and many happy B-day wishes go out to him as well.

I have only two words left to say about this momentous event:

Ministry Rocks

TB

Well Dr. Z, another great Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular! Utopiandreem & i had a great time. Thanks to all the great guest bartenders, the drinks were all very good.

TBird.

On 2005-08-01 08:07, SON OF MOTHRA wrote:
Argh....that blasted shocker game has plagued me with nightmares for the last 2 nights! I no longer have feeling in my right hand. A recall is in order.

Ah-HA!! That stupid shocker game!!! Is THAT why my head hurt so much on Sunday morning?? That must be it!! Thanks, Laney!! A great addition to the party! Zzzzaaaappp!!

Dr. Z ~ WooHoo! Mahalo for being such a Tikki-rrific Host and Bartender. You definitely know how to Spread the Aloha Spirit to All. Soccer Tiki and I want to wish you a "Hau'oli La Hanau!!!

Doctor Z a great event and I so wished my wimpy friends could have lasted longer......maybe next year I will be able to last the duration.....it was great to see everyone and meet some new folks too.........till the next event hicup

Looks like I missed an amazing party - !!!

E
eel posted on Mon, Aug 1, 2005 12:05 PM

On 2005-07-31 23:00, Mermadia wrote:
Anybody know who won the blonde mermaid wall plaque? Did I?It was soooo cute!I bid on it but didn't stick around long enough to find out what transpired....

If you look at Krustiki's pics (the one of the not-so silent auction) you'll see me in the yellow dress with a disappointed look on my face because my friend Trent out bid me .50 at 18.50 to win her. He is in front of me in the picture. He would have ended up with it anyway as his Birthday is comming up....so Bah!

Yes, I am responsible for the shocker game. I know that Dr. Z hosts a lot of poker nights and other parties and it is a fun game to have around. This game has become my favorite host/hostess gift because people get so much booze already. You'd think I'd be better at it by now....ha

Thanks for a great party Z!!!! Eel/laney

M

Did anyone put the shocker on their nipples???

I got soooooooo fried... In more ways than one.

It was nice to see all of my tiki friends again.
That breathalizer was cool... How do I get one.

It was nice to see all of my tiki friends again.
That breathalizer was cool... How do I get one.

http://www.alcohol-breathalyzers.com/

On 2005-07-31 04:18, floratina wrote:
Whatzit, 4:00 and change? Still going on.
Drummer Adrian and Matt from Tiki Magazine are pounding away on the congas and Dr. Z is mixing Beachbum Berry's Own at the request of some certain revelers. Happy Sunday and Happy Birthday Dr. Z. We need more cowbell.

\

Leaving at 2:15 proved to be far too early. What was I thinking?

Ok, so it's Monday evening and I'm dirnking a Mai Tai again. Damn these things are good...... :wink:

H

Whale Rider, it is so funny you should say that. I just got back from Tony's On The Pier in Redondo Beach and I had a mai tai or two. they are pretty good.

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies