Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Doctor Z's 4th Annual Castaway Lounge Summer Spectacular 7/30 UPDATE pg.1

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies

K

Ok quitters, it's monday night and the party is still going. Hey, Dr Z you're out of toilet paper.

H

Hey, we just got back from the grocery store with ingredients to have steak, guacamole and Mai Tais tonight!

CA

DR.Z Rocks the Tiki Hoooouse!!!
It lived up to the Hype!

What ever comes up... i ain't driving home to the OC......
next time I'm getting shit faced and sleeping under a tiki.

On 2005-07-31 09:39, Hakalugi wrote:
I had a BLAST! My thanks to the good Doctor and all of the wonderful guest bartenders. I'm STILL reeling.

Here are my pictures from this great event:

Gah! Don't you hate it when you're drinking milk & see something funny and milk comes out your nose when you laugh? Well, I was eating Fried Rice when I saw this! Darn you Hakalugi! Darn you to Heck! :lol:

Looks like a great party we missed here, though I'm sure it wasn't fun as the ISO 9000 audit...(or for Dale volunteering for doing an archeological dig and instead of the little brush and pith helmet she was imagining she was handed a giant pick-ax and bucets to break a rock-hard mud brick wall and carry the rubble to the cliff edge). Actually we did have fun with my friends and family, including my brother Gal and his wife Keren (nuKKe here on TC). Hoping to make it next year!
Ran

On 2005-06-28 20:48, Humuhumu wrote:
It's on our calendar! I'd love to guest bartend. I am extraordinarily pleased to report that after much practice, I have received enthusiastic seals of approval from both Sven Kirsten & Jeff Berry on my Mai Tai.

While I did not have the opportunity to sample, thanks to you, TikiPug and TheJab (post SF-LA commute) for the special bartending.

TikiPug's mojito is one of the best, possibly second only to Tantra in Los Feliz.

Here are some more Pic's

Thnks Dr. Z for throwing such a fun party!!!!!

C

Allright whose the one with the germs that blew into the breathalzyer! Poor Goatiki has a cold in his throat! Could it have been all that loud talkin and laugin? Fess up!

OL

How could any germs survive with all that disinfecting alcohol around?

For those of you who missed Doctor Z's annual bash, (say you had to attend an out-of-town wedding for instance), I thought I'd include some of my own photos of what y'all missed. I was pleased to see a lot of new-timers there, as well as some old friends:

Sabu

O

You know, that pool was refreshing. But I did not realize my back was so hairy!

[ Edited by: OnaTiki 2005-08-03 15:32 ]

T
thejab posted on Wed, Aug 3, 2005 3:49 PM

Sabu, I was hoping to see you there and now I know why I didn't - I was at the wrong party! I had a great time at the party I was at, but the one you went to looks like it was a blast too!

But I have one question: Who was the guy with the ponytail and baseball cap that was goin' around saying he was Dr. Z? Imposter!

M

On 2005-08-03 15:25, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
For those of you who missed Doctor Z's annual bash, (say you had to attend an out-of-town wedding for instance), I thought I'd include some of my own photos of what y'all missed. I was pleased to see a lot of new-timers there, as well as some old friends:

Look at those happy bananas!

HEY-that photo is from Oktoberfist!!!

Sabu

G

Is there a Dr. in the House?

Love the pics. Whose the pool girl front facing, sitting by the step out. She looks familiar, however, I can't remember her name.

Mermaidia we are waiting in sweet anticipation to see your costuming talents in Pirates II and III. How cool is that!

Dr.Z, just wondering if you saw the hidden birthday message. Hard to be creative when you're down several brain cells.

As it's been said though, I'd rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal labotomy.

Special thanks to UtopianDream for her Hawaiian Ginger Twist. It was a Dreamy Drink. I failed to mention that in my first post. I'd love the recipe if it's not a family secret.

Mahalo, once again to everyone... Goatiki

C

We had such a great time making Tiki art. Here is my youngest with the mask I painted. He can't wait to get his sticky fingers over all things Tiki!

What a BLAST! As always, Dr. Z's has been one of the highlights of the year. A fantastic night of fun with the friendliest crowd around. Mahalo once again.

-Weird Unc

E

Julie and I want to wish you a very happy Birthday! I hope you had a great party. Hope to see you soon.

T

Thank you Dr Z. We had such a great time and Lola too for her first Tiki party.

On 2005-08-03 18:12, Goatiki wrote:
Special thanks to UtopianDream for her Hawaiian Ginger Twist. I'd love the recipe if it's not a family secret.

Definitely not a secret...I used tikitanked's recipe as a base (see his original post at i've created a new drink), but made two small changes when I was mixing at the party--used Absolut Citron as the vodka and added 1/4 oz simple syrup (thanks for the idea at Oasis Martiki!).

H

Aha! now I know what that was all about. Thanks for the info. Can you make this again at Shelly's party?????

H

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2005-08-12 06:50 ]

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2005-08-12 06:51 ]

H

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2005-08-12 06:51 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies