Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Lushy at the Waldorf Hotel, Vancouver - Saturday, July 30th

Pages: 1 2 3 133 replies

I still like Peps suggestion in North Van... plus the SeaBus is the only cruise the wife and I can afford these days! hehehe

Pep you got any more details to share... not personal ones though!

:wink:

Yup, I'm still on for Raglans, I was just sayin' cuz I like their food.

I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready

I've been in contact with emspace and he's coming to the gig. Says he doesn't check TC very often but he'd kick himself if he missed this.

Hey fellow Waldorfians!
I'm checking with Rumbletone Productions re: tickets & show time and I'll post as soon as I find out. I'm also making reservations today with Raglan's, I'm sure we'll be able to add more people if necessary.
I may have a few other surprises up my sleeve...stay tuned!!

PS> Roadkutter, so glad you & the Mrs. are joining in on the fun!!
(I think baby Roadkutter will be listening in on all the action)

E

Velvet Ruby - i love your name

Sweet Daddy Tiki - good work on the recruiting--keep it up!

Pepe - "I may have a few other surprises up my sleeve...stay tuned!!" surprises?!? Now yer talkin' my language! I should plan some as well...heh heh Too bad I'm insanely busy in my life right now (but not so busy that I can't occasionally pop in here for a couple minutes!)

D

count us in for dinner too!

and looks like Tikiwahine is off the hook ~ Travellin Tiki emailed a reply to the Call for Canadians ..

Waldorf! Waldorf! Waldorf!

On 2005-07-15 15:32, dogbytes wrote:
and looks like Tikiwahine is off the hook ~ Travellin Tiki emailed a reply to the Call for Canadians ..

See I TOLD you I'm no serial killer!
We already have too many in the Northwest anyhow.

Tiki'AintNoHomolka'Wahine

OK folks, here's some info!
Re: The show.... starts at 9pm / tickets are $10
Re: Dinner @ Raglan's.... reservations have been made for 6pm (16 of us sofar!)
Everyone is welcome to join in on all or part of the adventure at anytime.
I'm going to close my store early so we can join in on the fun too (haven't decided what time I'm opening on Sunday yet :wink: ...ah, the perks of owning your own business!) Those of you that were planning to drop by the shop, the store is open to you all exclusively 3:30-5pm. (kind of a kick start to the evening's festivities)
I think we should meet in front of the Seabus Station at Cordova St. & Seymour St. at 5:30pm.
2 hours at Raglan's should be ample time to cocktail and dine and that would give us an hour to get to the Waldorf for the real party to begin!

PS> I always knew you were innocent Tikiwahine!

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2005-07-16 09:19 ]

P

Selector Lopaka and I are up for dinner & drinks at Raglan's too, count us in !

Well it looks as if I am not going to be able to road trip with the other Alberta boys. Work and Family commitments are wreaking havoc on that idea.
But the good news is that since I work for a Airline I am going to try and jump a flight out on saturday morning and then fly home sunday some time. Where I am gonna sleep will be worked out later( i have a few options).
For you guys in Vancouver how hard is it to get to Funhauser from the airport or the the seabus to meet with everyone. I may have to waste time during the day if I fly out early that day, If anyone has nothing going on I would love to meet earlier and see some sites with you.

Look forward to seeing everyone ,I too have a surprise to bring with me....

On 2005-07-16 19:17, rodeotiki wrote:
Where I am gonna sleep will be worked out later( i have a few options).

The beach is always an option :wink:
(i'm kidding)

You can rename the Alberta boys' road trip "The Dwindling Party" -- we're down to two. But now there's lots of room in the car for all the tiki mugs and Witco fountains we're going to find in Kamloops.

That's right... Witco Fountains, plural. We don't wanna have to fight over who gets to keep just one...

On 2005-07-16 23:15, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:

You can rename the Alberta boys' road trip "The Dwindling Party"

more like The Donner Party! :o

Rodeo, from the airport you can take a public transit bus, or a PCL coach bus down to the bus station which is very close to chinatown & the sandman.

Maybe some of the mainlanders might have another idea?

I think there is also a hotel shuttle bus that will take you right downtown (maybe that's the pcl bus? I'm slightly drunk right now so I may not be thinking completely clearly..) as long as you're not a serial killer, I could also potentially scoot over to the airport and pick you up.. I don't mind. .. (as long as you're not a serial killer... bad juju on you if you are..)

The Dwindling Party.

There will be no cannibalism on this tiki road trip (I don't allow eating in the car).

RT there's the Airporter Bus:
http://www.yvrairporter.com/
The #3 bus will get you to the Sandman for $12.
From YVR to downtown, it's about a $25 cab ride and $3 by transit bus (1 transfer).

Velvet Ruby, I'll vouch for him!

Crowntiki and girlfriend are driving up from Los Angeles to see Slacks (my favorite idiot cousin) and the splendors of Vancouver/The Waldorf, so count us in on all the festivities. We'll also be at the Sandman Downtown and look forward to meeting everyone.

Yay!

This is shaping up to be one hell of a party.

Hope everyone is feeling lucky ,cause I am gonna bring a
prize to giveaway at dinner ....

I managed to reserve tickets for us TC party animals.
WoooHoooo! The less we have to worry about the more we party.....

thanks pepe!! we were just wondering about the ticket situation.

Got this message from emspace last night:

"at last I heard back from the Waldorf this evening. Tix are available at the door as well as in advance by calling 604-836-3442. I also asked the Bar Manager, Chris (this name is important so remember it) if a group of out-of-towners could view all the lounges and take pictures. The answer was yes. You may wish to post this on Tiki Central, it could generate a lot of interest among those who were thinking of coming but not too sure..."

That's great Sweet Daddy Tiki!!! The evening just keeps getting better.
Take note gang (& lot's of pictures) .... photos of the Waldorf's lounges are rare!

Great news , Can you add me and 2 more to that list and for dinner. I have a cousin and who is gonna join us in vancouver .

Thanks Pepe & Sweet Daddy Tiki and emspace!!

[ Edited by: Exoticat 2005-07-20 23:22 ]

E

Does the Sandman have a jacuzzi? I have this new towel I'd like to use:

[ Edited by: exoticat 2005-07-21 11:22 ]

Oh thats it , Its on like DonkeyKong!!!

Okay Truce it is , but i am bringing copies of that photo to lushy.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2005-07-21 11:41 ]

Ok...truce!! TRUCE!!! Take that horrible photo down!!!

I took down the Cabana Boy towel art, it really was only funny to those who were in chat last night and heard Velvet Ruby's suggestion...

T

On 2005-07-20 22:29, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
Got this message from emspace last night:

"at last I heard back from the Waldorf this evening. Tix are available at the door as well as in advance by calling 604-836-3442. I also asked the Bar Manager, Chris (this name is important so remember it) if a group of out-of-towners could view all the lounges and take pictures. The answer was yes. You may wish to post this on Tiki Central, it could generate a lot of interest among those who were thinking of coming but not too sure..."

That would have been wonderful news for me if this event had been posted more than a month in advance (and the above info only a week before the event). I'm sure you would have had more people coming in from out of town. I'm not trying to blame anyone but this is very frustrating for people like myself who have been looking forward to seeing this place for a long time. I would have planned a trip there if I had known sooner but I can't afford to just hop on a plane any weekend. Flights to Vancouver right now from the Bay Area are around $400RT.

Please in the future give us more advance notice if at all possible.

So has anyone ever seen Lushy or the Buttersprites perform before?

If so, what were they like??

D

On 2005-07-21 11:52, roadkutter wrote:
So has anyone ever seen Lushy or the Buttersprites perform before?

If so, what were they like??

Lushy performed at the NW Crawl in Portland last month. fun group of people, with lots of energy!

D

*On 2005-07-21 11:51, thejab wrote:*Flights to Vancouver right now from the Bay Area are around $400RT.

if you can get to Seattle, you can stay with us, then ride up Saturday, return Sunday...

if that helps..

elicia

E

"i am bringing copies of that photo to lushy. "

Ok, and I will bring a big, fat, black Sharpie pen and sign them all. You can sell them for a quarter each and then maybe earn enough for a shot of tequila. You'll need it. (Not that i'm trying to enable anyone's drinking...)

dogbytes...you'd better warn The Jab about what is in the back seat..

This just in...

A little review of Raglans & The Waldorf on the Mai Tai web site(Montreal Tiki Appreciation Society).

(edited to fix my own broken link)

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2005-07-21 19:36 ]

6 days left....WALDORF WALDORF WALDORF.

Can ya tell I havent had a holiday in awhile..

Now it's five.

How many sleeps, hours, minutes, seconds is that Pep?

S

Been away from net access for a few days, so this is coming in late. Oaktiki and I are headed up for this! (CA coastal crawl gone utterly insane!)

We're set lodging-wise, but would love to be added in for dinner and the show! is it still possible to add us on to the dinner reservation?

We're super excited at this RARE opportunity! We just had to!

Awesome, I'll see you two there!
Glad you can make it!

4 sleeps (and they better be good ones)
or
4 days, 22hours, 52minutes, 33 seconds (at the time of this post, give or take a minute by the time I type this)
Also, you guys in Alberta get to subtract an hour, at least until you cross into our time zone.

Sabina, you guys are now on the list! Woohoo, It just gets better!!!

I am so happy and looking forward to this
let us do the dance of joy

E

Rodeo, i am excited for the same reason as you...long time no vacation... N E E D one D E S P E R A T E L Y!!!

Here's the dance of joy (there were quite a few to choose from on google):

Welcome Sabina and Oaktiki to our group! Yay! for non-NW people joining us.

E

These guys first came to mind:

S

Happy happy Joy joy!

Yeah- EXACTLY like that!

Thanks so much for adding us in!

For those of you that may be in town on the Friday night looking for something to do I know of 2 GREAT traditional Rockabilly-Roots Bands that will be playing at The World Famous Marine Club, 573 Home Street.

Friday the 29th, Cousine Harley, The Pete Turland Band will be playing the Marine. I have seen these guys a tonne of times and it's never a letdown.

Cousine Harley (aka Paul Pigat) has earned a reputation as one of the best guitarists around. His style is deeply rooted in the playing of Les Paul, Charlie Christian and Link Wray with a modern hotrod twist.

Pete Turland has played with the likes of Ray Condo, Pinetop Perkins, Harpdog Brown, Wanda Jackson, Sonny Burgess and the list goes on and on. (info from website)

Sorry about the promotion but these guys are friends and are truely amazing. It's probably a 7 dollar show for 2 bands... only 3.50 a band, not bad!

Pages: 1 2 3 133 replies