Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Roll call! Who from TC is going to the Hukilau?

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

I found a way to beat the gas prices and still get to the Hukilau. Of course, it meant leaving early. Lucky I did too 'cuz on my way, I met Bargoyle who was having troubles with his new car.

T

On 2005-10-03 02:21, pappythesailor wrote:
I found a way to beat the gas prices and still get to the Hukilau. Of course, it meant leaving early.

I think this pic is the Jab right now!

I'll be there with my hubby. I've also gotten a few local friends intersted as well - so they'll be Hukilau virgins.

My hubby and I went last year to the Mai Kai - rain be damned. I would have gone to the festivities earlier, but since I really didn't know anyone then, I felt a bit shy :)

I'll be there Thurs and Friday after I get off of work around 5ish.

I'm in!

C

I'll only be there for a short time on Friday to shop. Hopefully next year I'll be there for more of the action.

T

Kathleen & I will be there, partly to finally meet the infamous russell s. monkey

M

Arriving at 10am Thursday

On 2005-10-05 13:18, tikigreg wrote:
Kathleen & I will be there, partly to finally meet the infamous russell s. monkey

ZAZZ!

H
Helz posted on Thu, Oct 6, 2005 12:36 PM

It looks like me and the Mrs. are going to be able to make it for Friday at least. It would have been an incredible shame to have to miss it all when you live only 20 miles away, especially since it'll be our first tiki event since relocating from the Bay Area (we're really missing the Conga Lounge!)

I really look forward to meeting many more of the TC Ohana!

UB

Hello from Fort Lauderdale!

B

Heii, I AAMM At Huklau Now with Sherry havin g a ball. Y'all come on down y'heare. Everyone is here, but you!!

Had a total blast at the Bahiamar yesterday! The Charles Phoenix show was really great - it's always neat to see Florida from the 50's. That Surprise was AWESOME! Didn't know I'd be asked onto the dance floor (grin)
Slip and the Spinouts - what I call a real rockabilly band - were great.

I stayed a bit after for the Haole Kats - and I loved that synthetic keyboard/guitar sounding thing (very technical phrasing, I know).

Looking forward to tonight.

HK

"Synthetic Keyboard/Guitar sounding thing"

That's actually a steel guitar. About as unsyntheticalized as you can get. Glad you enjoyed it!

Pages: 1 2 60 replies