Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

First official Tiki tOny mug..

Pages: 1 2 3 4 146 replies

Well, I've been waiting too too long to finally do a mug, and after seeing the way my logo tiki for Tabou Tiki Room in Berlin turned out, I was obsessed with making my own mug. This green mug below is from Tabou in Berlin. The mug on the bottom, "Fatutu" is my new mug based roughly on the tiki in my painting, "Death of Pierre Riviera" which is in Tiki Art 2 in SF I'm producing the mug myself, in my own workshop, and I'm going to produce less than a 100, maybe only 50. As soon as the first dozen are finished, I'll decide how many of this design will be made.:

If timing works out, Falling Cocos, will be hand-pulling a new serigraph based on "Death of Pierre Riviera". It'll be a big print, and I think we're only making 75 or so. I'm hoping to have the first dozen Fatutu mugs ready for Hukilau in 2 weeks, but we'll see. Pierre Riviera was a French explorer who tried to conquer the jungles of Papua New Guinnea in the 30's and never made it out...
I've also started the sculpt on the second mug of the series, and its based on a little someone in the upper left of this painting below only he's wearing a little palm frawn hat:

Congrats on you're first mug Tony!
Can't wait to see it.
excellent art work at the Tiki Art Now show.
The mug is gonna look great next to me volcano.

Crazy, man. SIGN ME UP!

Fatutu makes me thirsty just looking at him....put my name on the list brother!

H

Oh my yes. Very nice. Count me in too!

Tiki Tony your work is awesome!!! Please don't forget to put me on the list.
Later,
Spermy

T

Dig your style TT. Count me in.

Sweet!

M

VERY NICE!!! I want one... I want one!!!

Yeah tOny! that mug is too cool - can I get one too? or is it only for the hookey-lauwww folks?

K
kauno posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 2:36 PM

Very nice work! I want in too.

Kute n Kool - Wacky n Wild ! I dig it .

MG

You better putt your yer Uncle Mean Gene on the list for one.... I like it!

Beautiful work Tony, I hope to be able to add one to my collection.

K
kirby posted on Fri, Sep 23, 2005 4:48 PM

great work as always, I WANT ONE FOR SURE AT ANY COST!!!

TT, You gotta put one of those mugs aside for the big Ballsomic,brother. This will be a great make-up for the no show at Exotica this year;D

T

Sign me up!

Looks like I'm #17 on the waiting list. You better plan on making a lot of these.

D

i'm in line too! count me in to purchase one!

Fuckin-A Brah! Put me down -- yeaahhh....

TikiTony!

Awesome! Your own mug made in your own workshop! Freakin' awesome! Add me to the list bruddah!

V

I already have the tabou tiki room mug, and I must say it's one of my favorite current mug ever...I'd love to get a fatutu, it looks so cool...

V

by the way, I never heard of that Pierre Riviera...where did you find that story ?

Oh, and if there's a waiting list for the Fatutu mug, please put me on.

He carves......he paints.......he sculpts.......need I say more? Put me down for a mug.

V

I'll trade you a couple of monster palm logs for one. Dude, those are so cool!

If this list is legit, please add me to it. Very nice.

Nice tOny! Please save one for me.

I'm over joyed, and bursting with clay dust and glaze! From the generous responce I was thinking of going ahead with only 50 of this mug to be extra special so that all you TCers who've been gnarly to me in the past will be rewarded with a super exclusive mug. Once 50 are sold, they're gone forever, the mold is smashed, and the original is put in the curio cabinet. Besides those who've emailed me, and called, this is the official list. Depending on costs of materials and kiln running, and time, the price could be anywhere from $20-$40 for Fatutu just for fair warning. I'll be quite busy up until Hukilau, so I don't know if I'll be able to check back again! Thanks for all the kind words, and support.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Sep 25, 2005 7:25 AM

Nice mug man. Cool to see ya doing it at home too. Gotta love someone who gets in and has a go themselves.

Id get one if I had the cash.

Tony, I am so lovin' your mug. As a proud owner of 3 of your paintings, I MUST have a mug! It is fab!!! Talk soon!! Have pictures of dad's Tikis, and will get em to you. Annie Ellis

T

Your design looks awesome, tOny. I am really digging it!

Oh yeah... And if it's not too late I want in, bruddah!!!

Hoity-Toity Wanna Be

[ Edited by: tikimug 2005-09-25 11:58 ]

T

Hi Tikitony,

If there are any left I would also like a mug. You said 50 but, you didn't say how many were already promised.

Tikisgrl

T

put me on the list

TT, Very Awesome!!! Sign me and SPEED TIKI up for one(or 2)
Let us know....
Mahalo

B

Excellent TikitOny, what took you so long. I'm glad you finally did it. You are coming up in the world kid. Way to gO.

Is it too late? I want one too!

K

Tony,

Great mug! Put me on the list for 1 also.

Kanaka

H

One for me please.

Oooheee this is gonna be huge! HUGE! I'm in line as well.

S

Sign me up too!

RR

Add me too if it is not too late.

TB

I know im probably late but....ME TO PLEASE!

TBird.

I'm in the market for one of those crazy cats if you're still taking names.

Sabu

Really groovy! I know RanTiki and I will both want one.

R

Totally Cool mug Tony!
Please, please, please add me to the list!
Thanks and keep up the great work!

I'd love to be added to the list for one mug.

Mahalo

wow - holy huge response tiki tony - great work. Count me in for a mug if the inventory lasts.

michael g

WooHooo! Soccer Tiki and I think your Tiki Mug would look Tiki-rrific next to our Big Tiki Tony :) Count us in!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 146 replies