Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

First official Tiki tOny mug..

Pages: 1 2 3 4 146 replies

T

tHanks guys! Each one of you was right there with me every step of the way. From the 8 hour straight day in 90 degree heat in the Valley next to a raging hot 20x20 foot kiln making the first mold, to the last few days of cleaning up the mugs before firings where I was almost sure that my insides were going to be sucked out through my skin because of the dryness clay causes. Good observation on the lean! This was my first mug, so it took me about 20 mugs to realize how to keep them straight. The purply-blue ones got really bent because my buddy fell asleep and the kiln went an extra 400 degrees than it should have. Just wait to see the boxes and the magical story that comes inside! Originally I was gonna have a skirt and skull necklace, but they really detracted from the mug. I obsessed over the skirt and necklace, but after keeping seeing them for a few days on display, I made the call... no skirt, no necklace. Maybe in the future on a different design. I really got to thank Tiki Diablo for pushing me to make my own mug, and also to Munk Tiki for the inspiration after meeting them at their studio while on a surf trip up north this past summer. Next 25 should expect emails within a month or so! Thanks everybody again, you're too kind!

Way to go Tony! Those little "Fatties" look awesome!

The mug is ultra-cool......the box is really boss too!
Follow the instructions......the idol speaks! Ha! Better
get in line for the next mugs. You will not be disappointed.

OL

Number 19 arrived today. Looks great! Thanks tikitony!

cant flippin wait to send my cash and have a singapore sling outta fatutu....so how will i know when im up again?

D

i have #20! the custom box it came in is as nifty as the mug itself! now i have to make room on the shelf for both.

did you do the printing with hand-carved rubber stamps, Tony?

I love ugly mugs. Ugly in a beautiful way. It looks like a chameleon. Don't forget me Tony. I'm turnin' green.

let's see a pic of the box!

Tony,
Why is your website down?
I wanna buy more stuff!

M

Beautiful #9 showed up yesterday. Great job Tony. Fatutu now sits proudly on my shelf of honor.

D

here's the Fatutu box

just another rave about Tiki TOny ~ you really packaged the boxed mug carefully ~ its always fun to get packages, but when it feels like a present its even better!

Got my #7 a few days ago and it looks great and I too love the box it came in :) Great job Tony I love it!!!
Later,
Spermy

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2006-04-07 18:08 ]

SF

Tony, cool mug and cool box!!

See you at Oasis.

tOny - THANK YOU!

the mug is awesome, #11 arrived (super) safe and sound

THe deep detail on this thing is totally cool!!!

I WANT ONE OF THOSE!!!!!!!

T

This has been a very good week. I got a Tambu from Tiki Diablo and #18 Fatutu from Tikitony. Fatutu has great detail. I'll have to push another mug to the back and give this one a place of honor.

T

Glad to hear they arrived safe and sound! I'm glad everyone likes the packaging, I really wanted to make my first mug special, and reward everyone for their constant support! I've got someone working on my website, not sure when it will be up again. Also [email protected] is not working, so all emails send to [email protected] for now.

Has anyone gotten their magical mug to speak? Please don't give away the secret to anybody who hasn't gotten one yet, but I'd like to know. I tested most of them, and they... spoke.

I'm making a mold tommorow for a new BIG mug for Oasis! So, I'll have

1. "ShrUnky" shot mugs,
    2."Papua" large shot mugs, and
  2. "10 inch tall Tongaroa mug" for Oasis.
  3. Plus some individually hand painted Fatutu's in a new hand painted special box.

Sorry, no lists for new mugs. They are Oasis Exclusives! Don't worry if you don't go to Oasis, I'll have a second glaze color available after Oasis for each mug except Fatutu.

I'll show off the new mug designs a week before Oasis! Bongofury has already caught a glimpse, and I had to sedate him!

UB

:music: So Happy Together :music:

M

what the heck is that in the back ground unga? A pile of rotten intestines?

H

Exactly my question? hahahahaha

On 2006-04-09 21:12, Monkeyman wrote:
what the heck is that in the back ground unga? A pile of rotten intestines?

Hey! Be nice. That's Tiki Tony's rockin volcano and Fatutu prototype from the "Tiki Art Now" show. (Yes. I know, deceiving from the picture.) When the volcano is lit up within with red lights and she starts blowin smoke, it's Tiki at it's best!

T

Got mine on Friday also. tony great job. The box is just as awesome.

Oh great.. Now I have insulted the master....I guess my mug will be bumped to last on the list.

Nice job on the Mug Tony.

Unga, your bar is looking really good too.

wow unga bunga! that pic is amazing!!! what a fantastic room! who did the framed tiki in the middle? i love it! :)

T

Hi tOny! Just sent my money! Thanks for remembering!

Cool bar Unga! Anyone else get their idol to "speak"? The sedation has worn off and the Fatutu still talks!

T

Got the Fatutu today! Awesome! And sweet box! Great job tOny! You the best!

You kids are great! I am so happy to see Fatutus being spread across the land and everyone excitied to add him to their collection!

I put a hand-painted Fatutu up on ebay, ending today:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7760177052&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

This one is different from those I will have at Oasis. You may ask "How is it different Tiki tOny?" I will respond "You must pass under the bridge, over the mountains, and fall down the rabbit hole into the strange land called Tiki Oasis to find out!"

[ Edited by: tikitony 2006-04-24 12:03 ]

Can you provide status as to where you are on the delivery list?

Cant wait to see mine arrive someday.

Most of numbers 1 - 53 shipped out already. Numbers 54 - 84 should be ready in about a month. Oasis is taking up a lot of my time right now, that's why this next batch will take a little longer. If there is some sort of tiki miracle and the Menehunes come out to do all my painting and carving (like they do every year) I'll have enough time and I will try to get a few ready for Oasis. You've all been patient little natives and I definitely want to get you the mugs asap. Those Menehunes are great!

T

Your best mug yet, Tony. Truly a wonder of the new world. Is only the white paint, and the black and brown are a matte glaze? (Oh I see, just checked out the Ebay) I was going to slow down of my mug buying for a little bit and I'm glad that your Fatutu will be the bang that I going out on. Just for a little while. I'm addicted.

[ Edited by: teaKEY 2006-04-24 13:00 ]

Fatutu #30 and Tipsy Tiki meet for the first time

A celabration followed.

[ Edited by: McDougall 2006-04-24 15:44 ]

[ Edited by: McDougall 2006-04-24 15:55 ]

T

McDougall, I was just thinkin of you today. When is your mug coming out? Fatutu looks like he can't wait to get his hands on Tipsy Tiki! The mug looks great with that painting -- they were meant to be together. Awhh.

TeaKEY, I'm proud to hear that Fatutu is last in your collection. . . at least for a little while!

tOny,

Da tribal FaTuTu is one da kine SsweeetT piece brah! CONGRATS!!! to da winner O'de prize!

al0ha nUi!...flip-fl0p-Flip-fl0p-fLippp... :D

B

I guess I'm gonna have tio get a FaTuTu here pretty soon.
TTony you'res is de best.

MCDougall, nice to hear from you too and I agree with t=Tony, You need your Tipsy Tiki out here in TC Land.
HAppyHappyHappy

Tony, LOVE my Fatutu Mug. Color and everything is fabulous. Thank you!!! Annie

tOny Your art is the coolest, Love my painting and mug more each time I look at them, they do look great together:-)
Benzart, I need to come up your way and learn how to carve if you'll have me for a couple hours.
This IS the coolest mug ever, what a great job. The little skulls on the box are tight, I'm no fan of packaging in general but what a great job! The wieght and detail on the mug are sweet, you can see in a instant that this is a hand made mug made with real talent. I think we Fatutu owners are very lucky, owning the first mug of an Artist who is clearly going places. Kingstyedye that is a amazing setup you got there, I love your taste in art.

On 2006-04-24 11:27, tikitony wrote:
I put a hand-painted Fatutu up on ebay, ending today:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7760177052&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

TONY!! $283.90!
You da man!
Congrats

Well I got my Fatutu #47 over the weekend and what a treat. It is a great mug with great packaging. Opening it felt like an adventure. I followed the directions to a tee and was pleasantly surprised to know that Fatutu actually TALKS. What a truly talented and imaginative artist you are Tiki tony - keep up the great work....

T

Any update on the roll-out of this schweeet mug?

T

I know its been a while but I'm getting to the end of the list! I've been trying today to send invoices out for mugs #54 to 75, but PayPal isn't working today (I'll try later tonight).

Wednesday my eighth graders will be graduating and I will officially be done with school! Then all my time will be devoted to tiki! I will start the next batch this week (some of them are already at the kiln for their first firing). So if you are # 76 - 100 your Fatutucshould be ready in the next three weeks.

Today I just finished a painting for the M Modern GOTHAM group show (with a separate show of works by Adam West). This will be a great show and I hope everyone checks it out.

Again sorry it's taking so long. You've all been patient little tikis!

T

hey, no prOblemo! Good to hear things are still "full steam ahead" on the Tiki tOny express! Thanks for the quick reply also! I'm at the very end of the list, so patience for me is a lifestyle.

Mahalo!

cant wait!...so will you email, or pm us thru here? i think im 90 something!

T

I will send out an email invoice through PayPal.

Wednesday my eighth graders will be graduating and I will officially be done with school!

Tony, How old are you?!?

You never told us you had kids...

On 2006-06-14 08:27, RevBambooBen wrote:
Wednesday my eighth graders will be graduating and I will officially be done with school!

Tony, How old are you?!?

You never told us you had kids...

Yes, I have many children in many lands. Actually, Ben, I am your grandfather.

" So if you are # 76 - 100 your Fatutu should be ready in the next three weeks. "

....i didnt miss yer email did i tony?....im number 90 something and havent heard anything since the post on 6/13......just wondering

hAla BuLLhiKi you are number 94, and we are getting there. Alene and I just took a bunch of mugs to be fired two days ago. Not sure when exactly they will be ready, but when they are, numbers 76-87 will be finished and the numbers 88 through 100 will be ready for glazing. I will email you when your FaTuTu is ready!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 146 replies