Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Self portrait...the stain is on...PAGE 7

Pages: 1 2 3 113 replies

Those were posted years ago on shutterfly... they use to be bigger but I guess their site compressed them.. sorry. this was a revival of an old thread.

Thank you for all the nifty comments friends.... I started the staining and he is really starting to pop.

Dig the monkey .Cheers Watango

B

Hi Palmcity Tiki,

Your really excellent and one of a kind style blows a fresh wind of motivation all over T.C.
The pix you post are always very interesting because of all the shown sides.
I can't wait to see 1000 more.

Benjamin.

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Aug 5, 2009 3:34 PM

nah, your ears are bigger.............

goood stuff. Love your skillz man.

-G

Outstanding Monkey. I really like that guy. Great proportions and flow. Please post when he is all stained so I can just gawk.

Thank you all for the comments...

I wasn't sure how the monkey would be received... my wife loves it so I figure the rest of the world would think it was just strange... I am searching for the tassle and I plan on hand painting some tattoos on his arm and maybe a logo on his fez.

Here is the almost finished piece...

and some detail shots

Latest shots of the monkey are awesome,LUV IT!!
Cheers Watango.

L

So glad you decided to bring out those details by varying the stain/color...it really looks great that way! Good job!

Tiki or no tiki, you've really got a talent for sculpture!

Love the character and animation in this guy.

Nice work with the color also!

Incredible. Love the monkey.
I gotta try me some palm one of these days.
More!!

T

AWESOME. Great carve and finish! The coloring is outstanding. Glad u posted that.

Very cool little guy,nice work!

J

Nice to see you back here. That self portrait brought a huge smile. It is amazing how you can bring such personality to a carving.

JP

B

YES, He looks Great all stained up and the tattoos will Really make him pop, of course he's popped so much now he must feel like a Champagne cork!

Thank you one and all... its great to have others appreciate thing that we create.....

This community has become a really great source of inspiration and creativity.... Its fun to give something back....

Bitchin stuff palmcitytiki!!!Where you been and I hope you the whole skin deal is all well my friend.Just stopped by to say hi,your one talented dude, Aloha, Mooney

bump again my friend!!

alive and well and carving again.... more to come.... thanks for bump mooney

Pages: 1 2 3 113 replies