Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

new years eve 2005- so cal-Thanks Everybody

Pages: 1 2 3 4 165 replies

UB

Add me to the van list please.

Please put me down for two spots -- I will have a guest with me. Thanks.

**Poly-Pop ***

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2005-12-12 13:29 ]

For this convenience, price, and most of all company, please put us (the missus and me) for seats on the van. Sounds like fun!
Ran

[ Edited by: kick_the_reverb 2005-12-12 09:14 ]

T

Please put me down for the home bar tour van on Sat. Count me in for brunch on Sunday as well, but I think I'll leave Sunday afternoon open for lounging by the pool at the Half Moon Inn if the weather is nice. I may join Polypop in the evening for cocktails (perhaps we can stop in OB for a visit to the underwater-themed bar Pacific Shores).

Just spoke with Larry at the Bali Hai and he confirmed that there are 32 PAID TCers ready and rearing to go for the New Years Eve function. He was real excitied to have presold so much of the event this far in advance.

He advised me that there are not many tickets remaining and that this is typically the time frame when they really start selling quick.

THERE ARE ONLY 20-30 TICKETS REMAINING. IF YOU WANT TO GO (We all would love to see you) THEN CALL THE BALI HAI AND GET YOUR TICKET ASAP!!!!!!!!!

If you are still sorting out the cost of lodging, be sure to check out the Entertainment Card Deal at the Island Palms motel (down the street from Half Moon). Its only $89 bucks per night.

PS- I have a room with a vacant bed. If anyone wants to be my roomie, let me know.

Da Monk

P

Cool! I'm in on the van, too.

M
Moki posted on Mon, Dec 12, 2005 10:06 PM

Here is the count for Brunch at the Hanalei. As of today, they were not taking reservations yet, so I've been unable to confirm a time. I try not to make it too early as I'm sure we'll all be moving a little slow that morning.

If you're not on the list and would like to be, please PM me.

'Ona & Moki
MonkeyMan
BongoFury & The Mrs.
T-Bird & Utopiandreem
Jab
Tigerlily + 2
WooHoo Wahine & SoccerTiki + 2
Al-ii
Dangergirl
Cyntiki & Goatiki
Poly-Pop +1
DrMigelito
PiPhiRho

I'll post as soon as I have a confirmed time and cost.

[ Edited by: Moki 2005-12-20 22:15 ]

It looks like Otto has been paying attention to this party!!! TO6 looks a lot like New Year's Eve Weekend on Shelter Island! Good taste and great ideas run amuk 'round here!! (I still would like to see another desert event though!!!)
SoccerTiki

O

Bump

WooHooo! The Countdown has begun....11 more days :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2005-12-20 19:11 ]

M
Moki posted on Tue, Dec 20, 2005 10:14 PM

Finally got a call back from the Hanalei tonight at 10:00pm.

We have reservations for 23 people at the Hanalei for brunch on New Year's Day at noon. I hope that is late enough for those who will be partying into the wee hours and early enough for those who have activities planned for later in the day.

This is from their webpage The Island also is a local favorite for its long-running Champagne Sunday Brunch. Savor items such as Alaskan King Crab, Peel 'n Eat Shrimp, Fresh Sushi, Poached Salmon, Eggs Benedict, Waffles and Omelets made to order, Pacific Rim Specialties, Carved Leg of Lamb and Roast Beef, Delicious Desserts, Pastry Display and a Chocolate Fondue Fountain.

The cost is $24.95 per person.

The reservations are under the name of Tiki Central.

If you're not on the list and would like to join us, please PM me.

Aloha,
Moki
:drink:

[ Edited by: moki 2005-12-21 11:28 ]

For Anyone who needs addresses or directions to the stops on the home bar tour....

Send me your EMAIL address and I will forward you the PDF map.

We will depart the Half Moon inn at 11:30. If possible, be there by 11AM. We will swing by someplace for lunch on our drive out to Boskos.

Please do not arrive to Bosko's BEFORE 1pm and do not arrive to Onatiki's BEFORE 3:30pm

My phone number is included on the map in case you get lost.

Please try and drive in as few vehicles as possible to minimize the impact on our hosts.

Thanks.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2005-12-21 07:52 ]

Woo Hooo! Countdown.....10 more days!!!

Is anyone staying at The Best Western Island Palms?

I am staying at the Island Palms on Saturday Night.

So close! Kitty and I are going to be in San Diego on a Holiday Bowl package that has us flying back to Portland on the 31st. We will be in tiki mode on Friday night so we definitely want to get over to Shelter Island and see what's going on. The package stuck us near Sea World at The Dana (which looks fairly close to Shelter Island?) I better go back and read this whole thread. What would Jab do? It would be great to see you again and other TC as well.

... very close... rent a beach cruiser... ingraham to nimitz... rosecrans to shelter island... you're there... pedal back...

T

On 2005-12-22 14:25, mrtikibar wrote:
So close! Kitty and I are going to be in San Diego on a Holiday Bowl package that has us flying back to Portland on the 31st. We will be in tiki mode on Friday night so we definitely want to get over to Shelter Island and see what's going on. The package stuck us near Sea World at The Dana (which looks fairly close to Shelter Island?) I better go back and read this whole thread. What would Jab do?

I'm glad you asked!

I was thinking of planning something for Friday night, but have been unsure when I'm arriving in SD. Now I'm pretty darn sure that I will be arriving before Friday so here's my tentative plan:

SAN DIEGO CLASSIC PIANO BAR CRAWL - FRIDAY DEC. 30TH.

7:00PM - 9:30PM - Dinner at the Red Fox Room. They make a good steak dinner with all the trimmings (gherkins included) for around $20. The piano bar entertainment starts at 8:00.

10:00 - 2:00AM? - Albie's Beef Inn piano bar lounge. Talented guest performers, nude paintings on the wall, and a friendly crowd.

Who would be interested in doing this? I'm thinking of a small group because some of the bars are small (especially the one at Albie's). It could be informal as well, if someone can't make it to all the stops they could pop in at any one of them, but we should probably make a dinner reservation at the Red Fox Room.

If we can get designated drivers it would be great, but it ain't gonna be me! Taxis are an option if we share but it may be pricey, and they aren't very plentiful in San Diego.

Who's in?

[ Edited by: thejab 2005-12-27 14:10 ]

P

I was actually thinking of going down to SD on Friday, but I am not going to stay at Humphries the extra night at their rates, so if I can find a cheaper place to stay the one night I'll head down to San Diego Friday afternoon. This sounds great. Consider me in.

Damn Jabbo, that's a pretty cool looking itinerary you've got there for Friday. I wish I had known sooner -- I would have taken the afternoon off work so that I could join you. I especially would have liked to see Donna Cote.

I'm still arriving on Friday night but don't expect to get into town until after 7pm. I might be able to meet up at the Red Fox Room or Albie's at the least... Is this schedule set in stone? If so, I'll just show up to one of these spots based on the time you posted and try and catch up with you.

If I'm not fortunate enough to make any of these spots I think I'll end up doing this itinerary another time anyway -- looks like a fun and interesting night out in San Diego.

WooHooo!!! 9 More Days!!

WooHooo! 8 More Days!!!

Enough with the Whooo Hooo. I'm beggin' ya. :)

Jab, that piano bar crawl sounds too tasty to pass up. Albie's and the Red Fox Room in particular. Mr & Mrs kick_the_reverb live just aroun' the corner from the Fox...maybe they'll join us. A mini Little Italy pub crawl might also be cool (if anyone gets tired of being sober for more than two hours).

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey 2005-12-23 23:44 ]

T

If anyone is interested in joining us on Friday for the piano bar crawl, and/or dinner at the Red Fox Room, send me a PM, so I can make a dinner reservation.

WooHooo! Seven more days!!! :)

WooHooo! 6 more days!! :)

Your enthusiasm is one of a kind. :)

Speaking words of wisdom....let it be.

On 2005-12-25 12:31, Monkeyman wrote:
Your enthusiasm is one of a kind. :)

Speaking words of wisdom....let it be.

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me
And when the broken hearted people
Living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
Let it be, let it be. Yeah
And when the night is cloudy,
There is a light that shines on me,
Shine until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music,
Mother Mary comes to me,
Let it be, let it be.
Let it be, let it be,
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be.

Woo hoo!!!

Wish we could make your event but we'll be out of town.

Meray Karikimaka!!!

Da' Boo'z

p.s WOO HOOOOO!!!!!

p.s.s.

Partay!!!!

p.s.s.

Partay!!!!

Woo Hooooo! 5 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!

Kitty and I will be out and about Friday. Don't put us down for dinner but we should be able to catch up with you at some point. Do they ticket you for drinking and peddling? I like the beach cruiser idea.

T

I have updates to the Friday night piano bar crawl plan. Donna Cote retired from playing piano at Tom Ham's Lighthouse :(, so that stop is off the itinerary. I also found out the piano player at the Imperial House doesn't start until 7:30, and it would be too far of a detour to make a trip there between the Red Fox Room and Albie's so I dropped that stop as well. So, here is the new plan:

SAN DIEGO CLASSIC PIANO BAR CRAWL - FRIDAY DEC. 30TH.

Around 7:00PM until around 10:00PM - Dinner at the Red Fox Room at 8:00. They make a good steak dinner with all the trimmings (gherkins included) for around $20. The piano bar entertainment starts at 9:00.

10:30 - 2:00AM? - Albie's Beef Inn piano bar lounge. Talented guest performers, nude paintings on the wall, and a friendly mature crowd.

I booked a room at the Travelodge right behind Albie's so I won't have to drive at all. The Red Fox Room is a short cab ride from Albie's.

I might also check out Mr. Tiki on Friday at 5:00 or so, just to get a look before it gets crowded.

[ Edited by: thejab 2005-12-27 14:34 ]

Woo HooOOOO! 4 more days!!!!!!!!

Hey All,

We have an extra seat on the Home Bar Van and also an Extra Bali Hai Ticket.

If you are interested, Please email or PM me and I will put you in touch with the ticket owner.

If you would like to ride the Van with 14 other of your favorite Tiki Central friends it will only run you about 11-12 bucks for hours of fun and excitement.

M

Jab,

Count 2 more in for the Piano Bar Crawl on Friday. We'll meet you at the Red Fox Room and will follow on to Albie's.

We'll also be at the Home Bar Tour on Saturday but decided to drive seperately because we have a couple of local friends going with us. Wish we could have fit on the van.

Haven't checked this thread in awhile...there's quite an accumulation of woo here.

ModMana :drink:

WooHooo! 3 more days!!! :)

Home Bar Tour Schedule

We are departing from The Half Moon Inn at 11:30am (of course you can meet us at our first stop below)

We are going to eat LUNCH at Islands (the burger place) in the Poway/Rancho Bernardo area.
We will be there at 12 noon until 1pm
The address is 12224 Carmel Mountain Road, San Diego, CA (858-485-8075)

Our next stop will be Bosko's.
We will arrive no earlier than 1:30pm and depart no later than 2:45pm

Our Third stop will be OnaTiki's
We will arrive no earlier than 3:30pm and depart at 5pm

Our final stop will be the Half Moon Inn (folks will get themselves ready for the evening festivities).

May our New Years festivities be fantastic.

In the spirit of the new year's eve countdown, I applaud WooHooWahine for giving us a "WooHoo" countdown to the NYE Bali Hai tiki event!!! We should all be as enthusiastic and happy!!!

That being said, I will have room for a couple people in my Expedition (for the tour.....)
We are checking in at the Best Western Island Palms on Friday midday.......PM me if needing a ride...

WooHoooooooo!

To all who will be joining us on the home bar tour.....

I would like to remind all of you that Bosko has many hand made pieces onsite and some of them are available for purchase. While this is NOT a solicitation to buy, there might be some of you who have been waiting to purchase that special mask, mug, or pole or other hand carved goods from Bosko and just never got around to it. Now you can get it from Bosko in person.

Its always fun to look....

This just in....

TWO seats have opened up on the Bar Crawl Van. Travel in splendorous comfort with some of your closest friends while a designated driver hauls your drunk carcass from destination to destination.

Act Fast....Limited time offer.

PM or email me if you are interested.

WOOHOO!!! 1 More Day!!!
(Sorry if I offended anyone with the WooHoo's it's the Kindergarten Teacher in me
:))

T

I got the family visits out of the way and now i'm ready to have a good time here in San Diego!

I have 9 confirmed for dinner at the Red Fox Room, with a reservation for 10 at 8:00 tonight, and some more possibly joining us later for drinks.

See you all soon!

We're here! Checked in to our beautiful room on the marina (just a few steps outside our door) at the Island Palms....Let the party begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SoccerTiki

D

Ok Kids...How bout some pictures for those of us not able to attend the festivites... :cry: BooHoo! :cry:

WoooHooooo! We'll have pix for you!!!! Bosko's place is a tiki paradise!!!! It's an amusement park of tiki!!!!!! Ona Tiki/Moki's place is like an E-ticket ride at Disneyland!!!! Totally amazing what they've done!!!!! The camera isn't digital, so unless someone else posts pics it'll be Tuesday!!! Sorry!!!

Next up......Bali Hai in an hour!!!! Happy New Year to all!!!!!!

SoccerTiki

Pages: 1 2 3 4 165 replies