Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

4th annual Florida Ohana Luau @ Hawaiian Inn, Daytona Beach

Pages: 1 2 3 4 163 replies

If y'all plan a trip to Weeki Wachee, I want to come join in! Mermaids, Chip and Andy, Bree...what more can a guy ask for? :)

G

I don't know... I like Disney and all with my family, but when I want to get my tiki on, I don't immediately head to places with lots of kids and little to no alcohol. Let's just say it wouldn't be my first choice. But my vote is a minor one. We're one of the few in the group that has kids and that always makes overnighters without them difficult for us. So that means Disney actually makes sense for us since we live here. But, but... did I mention they have lots of kids there? And practically no alcohol?

G

I'm getting an itch for a return to Trader Vic's Atlanta. They've got that pirate themed restaurant too that I've never been to. Too far?

My odds of attending increase the closer to Tampa you get.

Daytona. And this year I'll be there, with the secret recipe book and my worst shirts.

F

Our vote is for just about anywhere from Daytona to Tampa to Atlanta. We'll be there, just tell us when and where!

F

Our vote is for just about anywhere from Daytona to Tampa to Atlanta. We'll be there, just tell us when and where!

Thanks for kicking up this thread again Chip!

Ohanas sounds great. I wanted to revive the East Coast Tiki Revival as that is such a great place for a casual weekender, plus, there's tons of vintage shopping, sightseeing and great places all around for picture taking, etc.

Weeki Wachee was another plan as I haven't been at all yet and I would love to see it along with many friends.

I do have some pics of Daytona destinations in my flickr account if that will help any of you sway that way Flickr Photos

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2007-09-03 07:58 ]

On 2007-09-03 07:53, tiki_kiliki wrote:
Weeki Wachee was another plan as I haven't been at all yet and I would love to see it along with many friends....

This is, in my opinion, one of the best road-side attractions I have ever seen!

http://www.weekiwachee.com/

There isnt much to do in the immediate area, but there is more than enough to entertain us in the actual park. And, as much as we would scare the tails off of the mermaids, they would love to have a group like ours running around the place.

Chip,

I know that you and Andy made Weeki Wachee a part of a larger road trip at one time. Can you remember any antique stores, etc. along the way? Possible road side hotels we can all stay in?

The first official meeting place of the East Coast Tiki Revival will be the Polynesian Resort at Disney. We can all mingle about the gardens and take in dinner at O'hanas.

Let's throw some dates around to see what would be good for everyone. I know the weekend of October 6 and October 20 is out for me. Any other suggestions?

I'm planning a few other things so more to come......

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki 2007-09-04 06:53 ]

G

Weeki Wachee!!!

On 2007-09-05 05:14, GatorRob wrote:
Weeki Wachee!!!

Here are a few photos for those that haven't been.

Weeki Wachi is classic. While you're in the area don't forget to visit Homosassa Springs as well.

A good old fashioned inner tuge reggatta should also be part of the festivities. Drinking, floating, and hangin with good people on a river is "all-time Florida" in my opinion.

TB

On 2007-09-04 06:52, tiki_kiliki wrote:
The first official meeting place of the East Coast Tiki Revival will be the Polynesian Resort at Disney. We can all mingle about the gardens and take in dinner at O'hanas.
Let's throw some dates around to see what would be good for everyone. I know the weekend of October 6 and October 20 is out for me. Any other suggestions?

Let's do Polynesian soon and then we can plan the next excursion together!
Most Saturday evenings will be OK for me 'cept:
Sept 22
Nov 3, 10, &
Dec 8

Reservations need to be made for the group as soon as we nail down a date. This is a good time to go since kids are back to school.

I'll pitch a date........
how about October 13th???
Who's onboard???

[ Edited by: Tiki Bree 2007-09-06 15:36 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Bree 2007-09-06 15:37 ]

OK!

Get your best aloha wear ready....

pack the overnight case....

the dates and specifics for the next East Coast Tiki Revival are being nailed down as I type.....

Details soon! Very, very soon!

G

Okay, so what's the final on the date? Need to plan ahead. Weekends filling up fast!

The weekend of November 3rd!!

All details to be announced later today!

Awww man Weekiwachee!Way Cool.

TB

"Boo-hoo", I cannot attend that weekend.......at a conference........

Pages: 1 2 3 4 163 replies