Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tikimecula's Clubs

Pages: 1 2 3 4 152 replies

Kings,Tama,Capt'n, Johnny,Benz,Sneaky & Paipo. Thanks for the comps on that last one!

Started a new Kini Kini today. Still need to do the other side.

[ Edited by: tikimecula 2007-07-11 12:18 ]

B

Don't know how i missed your work !!!
Amazig stuff.
Your last club let me breathless.
Bravo.

Benjamin.

wow....deadly. great disigns you got on that one. really did a good job.
great work

Hey Thanks, Benella & Tiki Duddy!

Here it is all finished up! I really like the design and simplicity of this type of Kini Kini club. Deadly & Beautiful for decoration,

Enjoy!

Yep...you're crazy. That's what I like about you.. Quality..precision...detail.

B

An Excellent one Again T-Mec. POP POP Banging them right out like they were Nothing Super job, Tight Perfect detail.

B

More beautiful with the stain.
How many time did you spend to carve this fabulous club?
Bravo

Benjamin.

Dat Kini is da Kine... !!!
Nice job!

The sali club back on page 1 is one of my favorites, it's known as a rifle butt or gun stock club in N. America, they made em' pre contact buTT the shape is similar to a musket or rifle butt.
Here's a teton (dakota) example from 1865:

Fulcrums hurt!

Club on!
ST

To drown sorrow, where should one jump first and best? "Certainly not water. Water rusts you." -Frank Sinatra

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki 2007-04-02 15:37 ]

MR

WOW, amazing design. That thing looks very dangerous, as it should. Great work...great work.

J

Fabulus- excellent job as usual! I've missed your work as well lately.

JP

Bk & Ben Thanks!!!

Benella, I don't really keep track of time when making these. I kinda do a Little here & there till it's done. I would guess Maybe 8-10 Hours???

Sneaky, That Sali, on page 1 is the only one i have tried, I have a blank Sali cut...It's just waiting for me.

Matt & JohnnyP, Thanks!

Here is another Kini Kini, I carved over the last few days. It's about 40" tall. These look very similar to the Cula Cula.

B

WOW tikimecula, this work is amazing. Which tool(s) did you use to carve those beautiful details ?

Love the precision, your pieces are pretty neat.

Benjamin.

C

Great thread! Beautiful beautiful pieces!! Amazing detail! Congrats!

The latest club is brilliant. I really love all that fine detail and the shape of this one is really pleasing to the eye too. Beautiful bludgeon!

B

Just plain Beautiful. What are you using to carve those Long straight lines, they are SO Perfect..

J

On 2007-04-05 09:46, Benzart wrote:
Just plain Beautiful. What are you using to carve those Long straight lines, they are SO Perfect..

Yeah, I noticed that also, not only perfectly strait, but perfectly uniform in width, and look to be perfectly uniform in depth.

JP

Thanks, Benella, Clarita, Sneaky, Ben & JohnnyP.

Here is a Sali I just finished up!

Beautiful creations Tikimecula. It would almost be a pleasure to get
wacked by that thing. Almost.
Love the precise lines, you and BK have the weapons corner all to
yourselves.

Beautiful Sali..nice work!

P

man, you are really picking up your work. those lines are tight. i hope to see you this weekend.

B

WOW, beautiful

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Apr 12, 2007 5:57 AM

[ Edited by: GMAN 2007-07-03 13:34 ]

Thanks' Guys. I Should have something else in a few days.

Here's one I had hoped to finish on Saturday, But I got stuck sharpening all of Onatikis & Clysdalles chisels instead :)

Not sure what this one is called? I got the shape from my Fergus Clunie book on Fiji warfare. They don't list a name for it? The Picture in the book is Missionary Rev. Thomas Williams drawing of different types of clubs that were in use or found during his time on the island?

WOW Tikimecula, just wow. Little more flash on those images will help us see the detail. The camera automatically adjusts to the light in the background. You have to override that.
You are a true artisan.
(edited for spelling)

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2007-05-22 07:22 ]

B

T-Mec, you are getting your dimension lines So Perfectly Fair, it's Unbelievable. Excellent stuff and getting better with every piece when it doesn't seem like it COULD even Be better.
Drool!

I got to see these last Sunday (when I could see again). Andy's work could not be more precise & clean. I'd love to spend some time learning these techniques.

Thanks, Ben! Jungle, I hear ya on the Flash! Aaron, Come on down, we'll have a club day (with eye protection of course) :)

Here is a new one.

Man,TM...that detail is UNREAL.... My eyes hurt tryin to dissect the cuts...Beautiful.

heh heh heh..you GO man! That's tight work. (Bond...James Bond.)

...And I'll see you at Hukilau!

B
Bowana posted on Fri, Jun 1, 2007 7:19 AM

Your attention to detail is immaculate, Andy. Extremely cool and professional work.

Damn it!

B

Wow, I Love how you kept the Bottoming so perfectly true throughout the whole piece. It must be very difficult to keep it the same depth and width through out. Looks like you have been doing this all your life. :) :) :)

K

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!! I can't wait to get mine! Lovin' the Kini Kini!!!

C

Wow tikimecula! You can't! That amazing!!

Woah! And people think MY job is intricate/fiddly!? You must have amazing patience; your skill is evident. I agree with BenZart; its very impressive how you've achieved such even depth across the patterning. Great stuff.

Tama :)

T
teaKEY posted on Sun, Jun 3, 2007 6:44 AM

I'm going to have to reread your postings, but that club looks like you did it on a water-jet machine. Or like you had a tool that was exactly a triangle punch. Fantastic job.

G
GMAN posted on Sun, Jun 3, 2007 7:10 AM

[ Edited by: GMAN 2007-07-03 13:33 ]

Your detail is amazing. It looks laser etched.

H
Heath posted on Sun, Jun 3, 2007 10:28 AM

Yeah, that's great and all, but the fifteenth diamond to the left of diagonal line looks like it's about 1/128th of an inch too big. :P
Send it to me and I'll double check everything with some calipers.

No, really, you can have it back when either I'm done or you pry it out of my cold dead hand.

Keep up the incredible work!

Thanks Fredie, I should be in touch with you later this week.
Bk, Hukilau fo sho!
Tikidav, Benz, Kahaka, Clarita, Tama, Teakey, AlohaStation & Heath, Thanks!

Here it is finished.

[ Edited by: tikimecula 2007-07-11 12:18 ]

The club is superb!

K
KAHAKA posted on Mon, Jun 4, 2007 9:49 PM

I can't believe me eyes! That's just flat out tip top, mang. Can't WAIT to hang that baby on the wall. Monstrous mahalos to you, my friend.

B

T-Mec, Wazzup recently, Any carving happening? I'm really missing seeing those incredible clubs you've been bringing to the table?
Working on any now?

Sneaky Thanks!

Kahaka, Hope you are enjoying that one.

Ben, I have been up to a little of this and a little of that.

Solomon style club.

Another Sali.

Something new, a Austral islands paddle. Looooong way to go on this one.

Another one of these guys.

And a few other things coming up. Need to finish these 4 up first.

R
Robin posted on Mon, Oct 8, 2007 8:36 PM

Wow those are stunning...superlative work.

T

This paddle is amazing, I'm impress, can't wait to see more of it.

Outstanding detail work! Stunning actually!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 152 replies