Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Lavisse velvets from kahiki/one Left

Pages: 1 16 replies

T

Bruce just brought these over. Purchased from kahiki. He dose want to sell some, but dose not know what ones he wants to sell. Are there any you want? This is the one left For sale.It dose not have any tears or rips in velvet. The rattan Around the frame dose have some bad parts.

[ Edited by: tikiskip 2006-09-12 05:21 ]

Me would like to inquire about smiling Wahine that I once photographed in situ at the Kahiki, for my book (p. 147). Though she now looks like she's had some damage since....

Now I remember why I referred to LaVisse as a "student" of Leeteg:
All but the above girl are almost straight copies from bestselling Leeteg paintings (top to bottom):

"Tahitian Chief"
"Hawaiian Beach Boy"
"Adze Man"
and, of course, "Hina Rapa", which was again "borrowed" by Palm Springs' "Chi Chi" nightclub.

And furthermore, in the do-cee-do of Poly Pop, because ol' Leeteg always worked from photographs, two of the above copies were previously copied by Leeteg himself, from art photos of other photographers! :o

...all in the tradition of what I refer to as the Polynesian Pop "Chain of Transmission" :)

I must say that I can not remember the condition of that painting. In the photo it does look bad. The only one I remember as having a major flaw was the topless wahine. It has a rip in it. He wants to put some on ebay. So I am just hipping everyone to the fact. Bruce wants me to help him put them on ebay,cause he doesn't know tiki central, And he dose not know ebay. When they go on ebay detailed photos will be with each painting. I could have tricked my friend out of one of these paintings but could not.

V

Me would like "tahitian chef","Hina Rapa" or "Hawaiian beach boy"...Me would like anything :)

Oh well e-bay, thar they go...

That's a good man, Skip. If you really want something, it will come to you. No good to strain your karma.

T

Ok here is an update. Hina rapa is going to france. And the hawaiian boy sold to a local and is staying here in columbus.

Thanks to tikiskip, I am now the proud owner of the "Hawaiian Beach Boy" Leeteg copycat. It looks wonderful in my tiki bar along with the other Kahiki goodies! Simply gorgeous!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Wow! May we congratulate Virani to Hina Rapa? And what is happening to lil' Miss "Damaged Goods"?

T

Bump.

Wellllll,...like I said the gal with the the smile and no nipples interests me, even if she is damaged. At what price is she available?

T

They are $250.00 each. The marks on the breast area was just where the velvet had been ruffled. The girl is the best one, I hope no one buys it! Because it stays at my house till they do. If anyone is in Columbus Ohio and would like to look at these PM me and we can meet. Then go to The Tropical bistro for a drink.

Is she the one with the rip in the velvet? How long is it?
I wanted her when I saw her hanging around in the Kahiki, and I still want her now...even if she has lost her velvet virginity.

T

Bump 4 Tiki Joe.

I had jeff call bruce tonight, waiting for reply.

T

No nipple girl is gone. She went to Vermont. Adze man is all thats left.

it's over.

T

bump

Pages: 1 16 replies