Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Tiki Statues at Target

Pages: 1 2 3 97 replies

Speaking of ebay scams, here's another:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7760996191&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR4_PCN_BIX

You can buy these at big lots for $29.99.

There's a special place in "H-E-Double Hockeysticks" for tiki scammers. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

E

Here's original red version of Target Tiki that I shot (you don't have to turn on the red liiiiiiight...but i did):

And then when he was green, outside in action. Target tiki looks ok in store, but better when in his tiki environment:

Finally saw all this stuff today. I was like a kid in a candy store! The gazebo looks REALLY nice, although the bamboo is prone to cracking, according to the garden shop guy at the store. I think I'm going to wait till they clearance them, and see if I can get it for cheaper. The bar is also quite cool, and is currently on sale for $199.00.

I thought the resin tikis were great! Unfortunately the price has gone up, and they are now $49.99 for the two tone brown ones and the taller black one. :( I think I'll see if they clearance those out too at the end of summer, as it's more than I can justify right now. Plus I need to move, and don't have a place to put them.

I can't wait to have my own place where I can set up a tiki bar, rather than keeping the majority of my collection in my cubicle at work.

Chris

bamboo boyd, I don't see how the ebay post u mentioned is a scam. The seller asks a high buy it now price, but if someone is willing to pay it then fine. I don't see her selling it with a BS story like the other listing that claimed the target tiki to be from an old tiki establishment. I can't get that tiki from my biglots, they didn't get the big one, so if I was willing to pay that much for a resin tiki....

Exoticat, Great pictures of your targettiki, I only found the brown one here so I purchased it. Do u mind if I do a pastelle of your red lite tiki photo??

E

Exoticat, Do u mind if I do a pastelle of your red lite tiki photo?? ----

Help yourself! You should let us see it when it's done! :)

On 2006-06-17 01:49, Sneakytiki wrote:
bamboo boyd, I don't see how the ebay post u mentioned is a scam. The seller asks a high buy it now price, but if someone is willing to pay it then fine. I don't see her selling it with a BS story like the other listing that claimed the target tiki to be from an old tiki establishment. I can't get that tiki from my biglots, they didn't get the big one, so if I was willing to pay that much for a resin tiki....

Good point Sneaky. I just presumed that they were available at all of the big lots after talking to some friends in CA. My Bad.

D
Deeky posted on Mon, Jul 3, 2006 6:43 PM

target here has marked them down on clearance. they have a couple dozen of them. if they mark them down further, i'm going to buy a pair and turn them into speakers for my patio.

[ Edited by: Deeky 2006-07-13 13:59 ]

Z

I was at the the Target in Falls Church, Virginia yesterday and they had 6 Tiki's on sale. I picked up two for the Tiki porch I'm creating. Get them while you can!

S
Swanky posted on Thu, Jul 6, 2006 8:11 PM

They went full bore on them at our Target.

They are 30% off now. When they hit 50% we may get one.

D
Deeky posted on Thu, Jul 13, 2006 1:58 PM

they're down to half off now. i bought two today.

On 2006-07-06 20:11, Swanky wrote:
They went full bore on them at our Target.

They are 30% off now. When they hit 50% we may get one.

Why not buy them all and sell them on eBay....ooops, you might anger the gods!

Matty

The tikis are down to $12.48 here (Nashville). I got two yesterday.

S

At $12.48, it's hard to say no. I do not particularly like these, but I had to get one of each. I took the black one and stuck it in a dark corner of the yard and partially covered it with vines and it looks good. You don't even notice it at first and then you can't see it well when you do. Works well there.

I wonder how they will do in freezing temps, and in direct sun at 100 degrees.

U

I'm going to check out Target tomorrow and see if they're in my area. On a similar note, my friends Dad found this guy at Menards a year or two ago. I've looked everywhere and have been unable to find him or any information on where I can get one. Its about 2 feet high and a resign covered plastic. The thing I like about it is that it has a flower pot on top. Anyone know where I can get one (or three) thanks.

D

On 2006-07-18 17:59, uberdude wrote:
I've looked everywhere and have been unable to find him or any information on where I can get one. Its about 2 feet high and a resign covered plastic. The thing I like about it is that it has a flower pot on top. Anyone know where I can get one (or three) thanks.

those look just like these at Fred Meyers stores in Washington State.. it's a Kroger Store..so maybe there's something similar in your area! they're in the garden section.. good luck!

Well, they haven't gone on sale yet here in any of the Target's I've been in here in Tucson. I'm hoping for 75% off.

Chris

They're still in the $30 - $40 range up here!

I've got my fingures crossed.

S

Ms Swanky's Mom went to the store where she took the above photo with 50 of them in stock, and she said she could not find one... I need a brown one now!

Swanky wrote:

I wonder how they will do in freezing temps, and in direct sun at 100 degrees

I bought a pair two weeks ago and had no choice but to leave them in the backseat of my car, outdoors, in the Midwest heat wave for nine days while I travelled in another vehicle. Even with the three-digit temps in a closed car, I checked them tonight and there is no damage. They're ceramic, you know, not resin as far as I can tell.

As to prolonged UV damage to the colors, who knows?

A cautionary note: open and inspect them when you buy them; about 1/4 of the sample I picked through already had slight damage while in the store. The black one is packed upside down and subject to edge-of-head damage if set down too hard.

S

None are in boxes here. I am more worried about direct sunlight on the black. There is not a hole in them, which means the air inside could expand and burst them.

S

I have one of each here in Florida. I have had more of an issue with the black paint chipping off on the top due the frequent rainstorms. Not as bad with the brown.

I plan on touching them up with spray paint after the rain season.

There is a hole in some of them, right in the center of the bottom. I had to look through about 16 boxed pieces; I noticed the holes in about 1/4 of them.

http://www.thelope.blogspot.com

[ Edited by: tikijackalope 2006-07-20 08:25 ]

E

I figured I was too late to catch any of the clearance tikis but lo and behold I found some in Olympia, WA for 12.49 each! (Black only.) There's some slight chipping, but nothing a black sharpie can't fix. I wonder if using a sealant would help with the weather issues? I'm thinking they'll have to get packed up once we hit fall since I'm in a big rain region. Not today though and 90's projected for the next few days. :::sizzle::: I've been listening to friends complain about the heat recently and now we're gonna fry.... pass the water bottle...

Still full price here in San Diego $29 - $39 - $49 each. I was thinking of cutting the top of the head out and make a planter out of them.

C

They are still full price here in Jacksonville, FL. All varieties are still available.

Help!

All they ever had in the Denver Targets were the brown Tikis with the little divits on them. If there is anyone out there who has an extra of any of the other kinds and would be willing to sell one, please let me know.

T.F.

none at the Clarksville TN Target either......the lady working there was quite unpleasant when asked about them too???

On 2006-06-13 20:23, Exoticat wrote:

I picked up two of these in Lubbock For $5 each. Yes, five bucks each. The draw back was that they have a fixable hole in the side and behind the heads. Any ideas on how to fix them that would be weather proof? I also plan on painting them to have more of a weathered wood look, instead of the rail-road tie tar color.

The draw back was that they have a fixable hole in the side and behind the heads. Any ideas on how to fix them that would be weather proof?

2 part epoxy putty (available at hardware store) would work well if the holes are not too big or Bondo (car repair stuff) though that stuff smells pretty heinous. Either way you may need to glue some mesh into the hole for support.

Target is Tikiless!!!

My local Target in Maryland has moved out all the summer outdoor stock . No, more Tiki statues, bars
or pavilions, Can anyone guess what direction they might go in next Spring @ Target for a possible Tiki encore???

Thortiki

UJ

On 2006-07-30 21:54, caffeinated wrote:
2 part epoxy putty (available at hardware store) would work well if the holes are not too big or Bondo (car repair stuff) though that stuff smells pretty heinous. Either way you may need to glue some mesh into the hole for support.

Great Mohallo!

One last question though, how would I get the new mesh in with out busting a hole in the bottom?

I picked up the last resin tiki at the local Target for $8. Add a $4 can of plasti-kote stone spray paint (fiesta red) and this is what you get:

It still needs to be sealed, but for $12 I'm pretty happy with the results! I may try a natural stone color on the cheesy blue plastic flaming tiki I picked up at Big Lots and see how it turns out. :D

C
Chacha posted on Wed, Aug 2, 2006 7:37 AM

When I went back to my Target to see if the tikis were marked down, I saw a single moai in the bunch. The clerk couldn't tell me the price. It's textured resin and is gray.
I'm dying for my Target to mark them down! They are still full price.

One last question though, how would I get the new mesh in with out busting a hole in the bottom?

If the hole is about an inch or so, the epoxy putty should be fine without the extra support. Just flatten out a fairly thin sheet of the putty & after pressing onto the surface, you can smooth down the edges with water. There are all kinds of putties though, so consistancy will vary. A quick set type will dry pretty hard & can be sanded down to shape.

If you need the mesh use a piece of window screen that will form back into shape easily & is somewhat stiff. Cut out your sized piece & tie a string through the center. Poke the piece through the hole & after spreading glue onto the inside walls of the hole, pull the string to bring the mesh flush with the inside wall. Use a good fast set glue & cut away the string when dry. All this may be too much work to put into a $5 dollar investment though!

UJ

Thanks Caffinated!

You know I don't know why I didn't think of the string on the screen idea before. That will save me alot oftime i nthe future on other projects. Mohallo!

T

On 2006-08-02 07:37, Chacha wrote:
When I went back to my Target to see if the tikis were marked down, I saw a single moai in the bunch. The clerk couldn't tell me the price. It's textured resin and is gray.
I'm dying for my Target to mark them down! They are still full price.

I had my eye on the big 5' bamboo fountain at Target, but it wasn't getting marked down even though all the other summer stuff was. I kept going back to check on them (a pain since the closest Target is in the next state) and all of a sudden half of them (the unopened ones in boxes) were gone! I asked an employee (definitely NOT a manager) if he could tell me when it might get marked down and he scanned it and said he couldn't tell and that it might be awhile. Then he asked me if I was interested in buying one and I said "Yes," and he said, "well I can take 30 % off if you'd like it." !!

So I packed one in my cart and then realized that it would have to go in the back of my truck and would get all chipped and banged up. Then he said there were a bunch that were in boxes out back and I could have one of them instead of the floor model. SOOOOO...... what I learned is that #1. employees must be authorized to give a discount and #2. they may have what you're looking for packed away somewhere "out back."

Tikicat67

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, Aug 7, 2006 2:51 PM

First time today to check out Youtube and its the best new site that I have seen
This guy really love his tiki (I believe from Target)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WOeoHIbCsmk

I don't know guys, I think I have them beat.
http://stores.ebay.com/CHIC-E-TIKI

It has been confirmed...................
http://www.chic-e-tiki.com/

On 2006-01-17 09:49, King Bushwich the 33rd wrote:
The semi-hollow 36" tikis they had for sale at the
Target in Long Beach looked something like this

There is another version in lava black. Both are $10.00, down from $approx $50.

At the Target in LA on LaCienega & Rodeo, there are approx 6 left.

It is down the street from Uncle Moki's Hawaiian shrimp.
http://eatingla.blogspot.com/2006/03/taste-test-uncle-mokis-original.html

The owner used to be a part-owner of Giovanni's on the North Shore.

Most importantly, drop me a line if you go as I live only blocks away, so you can come on over.

MN

New stuff at Target! I was there today checking out the garden section and there they were, new tikis for 07. One style is solar powered. Looks like the eyes light up. They have one called "long hair tiki". Can you guess which style he is? And some tea light style as well.

I am sorry I can't get the pic out of the phone yet. Anyone need to go shopping this week and take pics of plastic Chinese tikis?

S

Saw those at my Target here in Trinity. Didn't someone here come up with the solar powered tiki idea?

T

TARGET TIKIS???

I drove over to local Target in Maryland here today, but they didn't have any
Tikis YET (?). Store has a so called World Bazaar area. If any TC members
could post pics, hopefully Target store distribution will have them here. I
bought two of the large ones pictured above in 2006.

Thortiki

Targets Weekly special Feb 18-24
Island Collection
Tiki Tables, Stools, candle holders

Target ad

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - Shortened URL - 2007-02-20 10:58 ]

Ewww...

..yeah, it's pretty gross stuff.......not a clue as to what tiki is.........they have masks now that resemble tiki but are very crude in sculpt and cost more than a cool lookin mask would on ebay....

B
b_macd posted on Sat, Jun 9, 2007 9:24 PM

Just wondering if anyone knows where to find the Mai Tiki firebowls anymore. When you look them up online, nobody seems to sell them, including target. Thanks.

Oh Man! I'm asking the same question!

I regret not buying one when they were so easy to find.

Pages: 1 2 3 97 replies