Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 164 replies

Save the dates! The 2006 NW Tiki Crawl will be the weekend of June 23-25. Details will be announced as they become available, but rest assured that this year's crawl will be bigger and better than ever! We've got some big surprises and can't wait to spend another tiki-filled weekend with all our friends. Watch this space for more information.

[ Edited by: tikimaxton 2006-01-25 09:58 ]

T

Arrggh! I was already planning to go to a music weekender that weekend in Rotterdam! Guess I will miss the NW crawl this year.

http://www.primitive-festival.nl/

Oh, bummer! Jab, we'll miss you terribly! We will tip a mai-tai and devour a voodoo doughnut in your honor!

I'll mark my calender and mention it to the one who wears the pants around this jungle. errr, she wears the pants, I wear a loincloth.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2006-01-24 13:12 ]

D

marked our calendars in ink! sync-ed the PDA!

VERY much looking forward to seeing friends, old and new.

ps: note to Heather..contact us if you need a ride ~ no cause to get the Border Patrol Agents all riled up again!!

RD

This is good news! The Mrs and I will be there. But she says I can only have ONE drink at each house and she gets to pick the mug I use...

Fair enough, last year nearly killed me. Damn you, sweet tiki nectar!!

-Joe

I'm looking forward to this years event!
I'll be attending on my own this time 'round.

On 2006-01-24 12:00, thejab wrote:
Arrggh! I was already planning to go to a music weekender that weekend in Rotterdam! Guess I will miss the NW crawl this year.

http://www.primitive-festival.nl/

Ahh Hell! Jab won't be there I don't want to live............can I come with you to the MusicFest ? Migthy Ceasars!

Oh that's right - I have to help with the crawl!!! Damn. You will be missed!

[ Edited by: Maori_man 2006-01-25 07:58 ]

S

Aw drat, i'm gonna miss it again!
They changed the dates of the music festival
I'm going to (I wanna be like The Jab)and it's the
same days as the crawl.
Crap, at this rate, i'm never gonna make it to a crawl so close to me...
Pea

T

On 2006-01-25 09:24, sweetpea wrote:

same days as the crawl.

Indianapolis? I know you never miss that one. See you at Green Bay in 2007!

Aw drat, i'm gonna miss it again!
same days as the crawl.
Crap, at this rate, i'm never gonna make it to a crawl so close to me...
Pea

You'll just have to visit on your own!

We'll be there! And we have Portland friends who are longing to drink at the Alibi and find out what this Tiki thing is all about...!

Can't wait! NW Tiki Crawl RULES!!!

tikivixen

Yeah! Hope I can make it to the event. It will be my first crawl.I always have my art car in the solstice parade in Seattle, so Jahmbi[my cars name] will be all spiffied up and ready for viewing. For those of you who don't know, I have a 64 VW bus all tiki'd up . Cant wait to find out more info

I plan on attending (tentatively)

I would like to document the event on video since I have not been before.

Whos got a couch or spare room for the Monk?

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-01-25 13:52 ]

We called the Jupiter Hotel this morning for our reservations. They went "HUH?!!!" No special NW Tiki Crawl rates confirmed yet. Made the reservations anyway. It's a cool place and better safe than sorry.

On 2006-01-25 13:49, Dancin' Lizard wrote:
We called the Jupiter Hotel this morning for our reservations. They went "HUH?!!!" No special NW Tiki Crawl rates confirmed yet. Made the reservations anyway. It's a cool place and better safe than sorry.

The Jupiter WILL be our official hotel again this year, and special rates WILL be extended. The only delay is that Al, the manager, is out of the office and won't be back for a week. Make sure you tell them that you're with the crawl, and that it's o.k. that they don't know anything about it because Al will tell them everything when he gets back.

I highly recommend the Jupiter as we will likely be using it as a central meeting point for all crawl activities this year. Stay where the action is!

S

On 2006-01-25 11:02, thejab wrote:

same days as the crawl.

You know I won't miss Indy! You should go sometime. it's actually a relaxing weekender!
Is there really gonna be a Greenbay2007?
CRIPES. I don't think I'd live through another.

On 2006-01-25 15:10, sweetpea wrote:

On 2006-01-25 11:02, thejab wrote:

same days as the crawl.

You know I won't miss Indy! You should go sometime. it's actually a relaxing weekender!
Is there really gonna be a Greenbay2007?
CRIPES. I don't think I'd live through another.

Sweetpea, just a reminder that it's just a quick run down from Indy to Lotus Garden in Greenwood.

S

ahhh, i will look into the Lotus Garden!!!
I'll mapquest it from our hotel.
Then if I can steal a car...
Friday, DJ Del Villareal and I will hopefully be holding our
2nd annual BBQ and Tiki Party at the pool.
Last year I had 5 blenders going with 2 backups... hahaha
http://www.chicagorockabilly.com/2005/INDY/Pool%20Friday/Pool1.html
pardon the horrid pix of me, it was like 95 degrees, humid, and I was workin my tushie off with the blenders.
http://www.chicagorockabilly.com/2005/INDY/Pool%20Friday/Pool%202/Pool2.html
The best part of the party was getting tossed in the pool at the end! it felt good!

Any chance we can have some juicy tid-bits of what to expect this year?

And will there be a home bar crawl again?

It's early yet to be giving out too many details, but you can count on our signature home bar tour for sure! We're also working on getting more vendors, having them display longer, and setting it up so you can actually see what they're selling. All in all, expect a new approach to the NW Crawl, with more emphasis on social activities. More to come!

On 2006-01-26 12:08, TikiMaxton wrote:
We're also working on getting more vendors, having them display longer, and setting it up so you can actually see what they're selling.

I would like to be a vendor this year! I bought a little table-top battery operated lantern just for that!

We're all set up with the Jupiter Hotel again. You can go to directly to our custom booking page at http://tinyurl.com/d7ag9 to get the NW Tiki Crawl preferred rate. If you've already booked at the Jupiter, just give them a buzz and let them know you're coming up for the Crawl and they'll fix you right up.

The Jupiter has had a tremendous year, and jacked up their rates considerably, but our Crawl preferred rate is only $5 per room higher than last year, and still a great deal. The Jupiter is where it's at this year, with a lot of our core activities centered or starting there. It's where the bus will pick up, and where a lot of the action will be taking place for this year's event. If you're looking for a place to stay for the crawl, you can't get any closer than the Jupiter, official hotel of NW Tiki Crawl '06!

[ Edited by: TikiMaxton 2006-02-13 16:53 ]

Reservations SET.

I am seeking a roomate to share the room for Fri and Sat Night.

PM me if interested.

Book 'em Dano.

oops, wrong show.

we're booked. Great excitement fills Jungle Trader's heart.

Any more information on the crawl? Itchy to know.

Sorry to have been silent for so long - we're furiously planning and forgot to come of for air! Here's what I can tell you so far:

First, We're officially changing the name of the NW Tiki Crawl to NW Tiki Kon. The reason for this is that this year's event is going to be so much more than a crawl. Much of our activities, including vendors and entertainment, will be take place at the Jupiter Hotel, with various crawls and excursions branching out from that central location. So the Jupiter's where you want to be!

Second, you can expect website updates and more specific announcements within the next couple of weeks. Keep checking http://www.nwtiki.com for updates, and make sure you join the forums so you'll be among the first to know about any new information. We'll announce the launch of this year's site right here, as well.

Finally, tickets will go on sale in April. Because we will have so much more to offer this year, the pricing structure will allow for maximum flexibility; you can go "a la carte" on many of the events, or whole hog and enjoy every second of everything.

That's all I can say for now. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

TikiMaxton

Bring it!

Sounds like you have been putting a lot of effort and energy into this.

Looking forward to the event..

Wonderful news! Can't wait for the announcement. I've got a fist full of dollars and am ready to buy the Big Kahuna Ticket plan! Would that be the 3 day Tiki Hopper ticket?

If there's a demand for some smaller size carved tikis by JTVic, I'll be sure to bring a few, with a heavy discount for fellow TC members. And a few Minnie's mugs as well, but can't give a discount on those, sorry. I have, in my possession, 26 new mugs with a green glaze. Coming out with 2 more colors also. Look for more info soon in my "Creating Tiki" thread. I'll probably do a little jungle trading as well.

ZAZZ! Can't wait for this event. Looking forward to meeting and talkin' story with the northern ohana.

Jungle Trader, you should get in touch with Mark Pederson, our Vendor Relations coordinator - he can help you get set up with space to display your wares. Anybody else who's interested should contact him as well - [email protected]. This year we're going to make sure that the general public has access to our vendors, not just Tiki Kon attendees. We'll be doing outreach to get more customers for our vendors, so sales should be much better this year than last!

Tikimaxton

On 2006-03-19 18:09, Jungle Trader wrote:
If there's a demand for some smaller size carved tikis by JTVic, I'll be sure to bring a few, with a heavy discount for fellow TC members. And a few Minnie's mugs as well, but can't give a discount on those, sorry. I have, in my possession, 26 new mugs with a green glaze. Coming out with 2 more colors also. Look for more info soon in my "Creating Tiki" thread. I'll probably do a little jungle trading as well.

ZAZZ! Can't wait for this event. Looking forward to meeting and talkin' story with the northern ohana.

On 2006-03-19 18:09, Jungle Trader wrote:
If there's a demand for some smaller size carved tikis by JTVic, I'll be sure to bring a few, with a heavy discount for fellow TC members.

I'd be very interested in bringing a JT original home with me! He would have to be small enough to fit in my suitcase though.

Aloooooohhhhaaaa! Sea-Tiki and I are ON!! It's been a couple years since our last crawl--really looking forward to re-connecting--much props to the NW tiki contingent! Any recommendations for a good place to stay this year??

Mahalo!

Sea-Tikis

Smart money's on the Jupiter hotel. They're giving us a special rate and that's also the center of all the action!

On 2006-03-21 12:52, Sea-Tiki wrote:
Aloooooohhhhaaaa! Sea-Tiki and I are ON!! It's been a couple years since our last crawl--really looking forward to re-connecting--much props to the NW tiki contingent! Any recommendations for a good place to stay this year??

Mahalo!

Sea-Tikis

Sea-Tiki and I are BOOKED at the Jupiter!! If you haven't made a reservation yet then you should probably give them a call. The person I talked to said they've been filling up fast for the Crawl. Looking forward to it!

Much Aloha to all! See you soon

M

Sea-Tiki Speaketh the truth! Call the Jupiter and book now so you aren't forced into the Hooker Motel down the street! :o

Lots of goings on behind the scenes at the Tiki Kon and we will be revealing stuff in the very near future! Stay tuned!

Check it out! The new, improved http://www.nwtiki.com is now LIVE! Get over to the forums to discuss the NW Tiki Kon, lodging, travel arrangements, ride sharing, and stuff to do in Portland when you're not visiting tiki bars.

Also, tickets will go on sale April 15th - just in time to blow your tax refund! Watch the website for details!

Woohoo! Kat and I just made reservations at the Jupiter. We are looking forward to the event!

Wooooo Hooo! Tomorrow we can finally get our tickets to the crawl!!

Been waiting for this for months!

Is there a new launch date for the ticket sale? If they went on sale on the 15th I completely missed it!

Are you guys done hiding bunny eggs?

Hey I got my tickets. Jus' kiddin' Dancin' Lizard.

On 2006-04-16 18:55, Jungle Trader wrote:

Hey I got my tickets. Jus' kiddin' Dancin' Lizard.

Funny..... very funny.

HAHA! I know D.L. you're chompin' at the bit, everything happens in good time.....I think. These gatherins take a while to organize. It will ge good to meet.

Hey folks, sorry for the delay; we had a few setbacks but tickets will go on sale very very soon. We will announce it here.

Thanks for you patience!

NW Tiki Kon Crew

Yayyy! Can't wait!

On 2006-04-17 09:28, TikiMaxton wrote:
Hey folks, sorry for the delay; we had a few setbacks but tickets will go on sale very very soon.

Define "very very soon". I'm beginning to think you're a big ticket tease. And you know, those kind of girls never get asked to the prom.

The hold up has been in figuring out the pricing. We're offering so much more this year that it's hard to figure out how to cram it all into a ticket structure that makes sense. We're having an emergency meeting tonight to hammer out all the details so we can get these tix on sale in the next few days. Hang in there, it will be worth the wait!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 164 replies