Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

The London Luau 2006 - Artshow and Vending Confirmed

Pages: 1 2 61 replies

wow. what a fun weekend! i could really feel the aloha ... and the enthusiasm. emi & i had a blast and hope to stay in touch w/ everybody we met. it's hard to believe that so many super nice people were actually assembled together for an entire weekend. there are just too many highlights and great memories for me to list at this moment, but i will say that ...

jamie & anjy are stars, that the bartenders at trailer happiness are high on my list of heroes; and that tikidrome is one helluva guy.

it might be some time before i have a chance to post my own pics. moving into a new flat + receiving all my stuff from the US + attending the london luau all in one weekend = big mess to sort out all this week.

in the meanwhile, please join me in praying to the gods that trader woody posts his hilarious pics from trailer happiness.

aloha,
tiki chris

ALOHA!

Thanks to Cheekytiki for asking me to DJ at the event- a pure joy.
Thanks to Trailer Happiness for asking me to co-judge the cocktail competition with Papa Jules.
It's a hard life!
One question...was it obvious my ukulele skills aren't quite ready for public display?
I wasn't sure if i got away with it or not...
DJ HUKILAU x

A really big THANKYOU to Anjy and Jamie for another great Luau!! This weekend was just so great, we really enjoyed every last minute. It was great to meet so many people, so many we have either heard of, or got e-mails from through HOTROD TIKI, and to finally put faces to the names were great. We will stay in contact with everyone we met. We loved Hula Punk, wow they were something else, also King Kukulele and the freaky tiki's, were just fantastic, it was so totally different seeing him perform with his band, and as for sunday night outside of Trailer Happiness, Denny messing around, what a laugh, and we have got some very dodgy photos of him, will try and post them soon!!
Roll on next year's Luau, we are looking forward to it already!!
Thanks again Anjy and Jamie for asking us to trade, we had a great time next to Marshall.

Keep up the good work!!

P

Hey thanks to the Cheekytiki crew for the fabulous weekend!

Thanks so much too to Pedro at SLP for helping me organise Steve's secret 30th gathering...we and our friends had a fantastic night!

Steve's birthday on Friday will be one he'll never forget (with a hangover he'll never forget either!)Doing the Hukilau was so cool, me and my pink haired friend, Pippa tried to use what we learnt whilst dancing to Hula Punk..as you may have noticed :s

You know it was one of THOSE nights when people you don't know see you the next day and ask if your head hurt!I have the most bizarre photos that I can't explain that I don't remember taking!?

My liver is still recovering!I could hardly face another cocktail on Sunday!

It was great speaking to Hotrodtiki, the people behind Nude magazine and Anjy + Jamie

Looking forward to getting my mitts on the Luau mugs! and we're already planning to be there next year

My only regret is knowing that you guys were there but not knowing who anyone is or what they look like!So please introduce yourselves so I'm prepared for next year :)

When I get organised I'll get some pictures up!

need ... more ... pics ...

A

Never mind photos.....I've got a load of video to sort out yet!

Add my thanks to those from everybody else to all that organised the Luau, we had a fabulous time, also. Especially well done on organising the 80-90 degree temperatures....

I don't get online much but had to post something after this great weekend!

What a great Tiki weekend!!! I had the best birthday weekend...cheers to Pickle and Pedro at the South London Pacific for my 'surprise' do!!

It was nice to meet Chrisc again and CheekyTiki and Hotrodtiki folks and the Hula Punks and the peps from Nude and the King and and...

It was also cool to finally get to see Trailer Happiness...it's only about 4-5 miles away but now we went there...was pretty cool, even if we was, by then...pretty tired and pretty still pissed!

Roll on next year, congratulations to all that made it possible and we're already asking people to get some money together for next year so, if others do it'll be even bigger!!

Tiki in the UK!!!! Yeah!

Anjy and Myself would like to once again say a huge thanks to everybody that came, without your support it couldn't of happened.
Also all the Bands, Djs, Artists, Vendors, Sponsors and Bars involved.

I'm finally managing to catch up on some sleep and your Mugs will be in the Post soon!

To everyone who couldn't make it we still have some "London Luau" Shag prints for sale, I will start a new thread for these in Tiki Marketplace soon, but if you are really desperate email or PM me

Just another thank you to add to the long list. A special thanks from Jacqui for helping to sort out her artwork whilst we were out of the country.

No pressure but we can't wait till the next time!

Just another note to confirm what a great weekend it was! Anjy and Jamie did a superb job organising it, as did all the people helping out by performing, demonstrating their cocktail mixing skills, creating artwork, etc etc etc.

It was great meeting all the Tiki Centralites (most of whom had travelled a looong way) - all who felt like old friends. (And a good number were!) Sorry I missed Pickle and theandrewssister - I read the messages on here after the Luau. Next time, eh?

All three nights were different, but all were fantastic. And the final Mai Tais were the stuff of legend....

As I remarked to Tiki Chris, "with all the sweet rum drinks, I feel like I've been marinaded like Trader Vic's ribs".

Pics to come...

Trader Woody

Urrgh I know what you mean I swear for two days after the luau i was sweating orgeat, BUT stil what super fantastic weekend of fun and how great it was to meet you all finally.

Definatly next time though we need to have a tiki central meet up during the luau, so we can put faces to the names, a tiki central flash mob perhaps, everybody gather at the Moai in the british museum and start worshipping it.

top fun.

A

On 2006-06-17 13:24, atomictonytiki wrote:
....a tiki central flash mob perhaps, everybody gather at the Moai in the british museum and start worshipping it.

Got to say...that is a fantastic idea! I'm certainly up for that. Cheekytiki...it could be made part of the weekend!

Mrs Artiki (she's the one in the foreground...)

Mr Artiki (prior to losing the giant millipede from his chin...)

Cheekytiki mentioned there was a second moai in the museum because thats a different moai that i went and saw. I wonder how i missed that one? Oh I remember how lots of rum.

Thanks to Anjy and Jamie for the great and inspiring time at the london luau.
It was a very nice weekend with many cool and friendly people... we enjoyed the time in london.
Here you can see some pics from the events. Visit our site for the complete gallery.

The London Luau:

here you will find the whole gallery

!Mahalo!

Pages: 1 2 61 replies