Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Tiki mugs by hmc

Pages: 1 2 3 105 replies

F

Cograds, He'll be pimped out in the finest in Baby Poly-pop atire

T

I just recently saw some little Hawain shirts. I bet if you look around you could find one. But if you know how to make one, I wouldn't even think to do that.

C

Really cool thread!! thanks for all the information. I like very much your mug his very cool! Congrats about your baby too!!! Keep rocking!

M

HMC,

Congradulations on your beautiful addition and a huge 'thank you' on such an eye opening thread. I have begun to make a master or two;)

This will be fun.

Much positive Mana to you and yours. Mahalo

McTiki

This is such an awesome thread! It is exactly what I needed to move ahead to the far away future production of my own mug.
Congrats on your new arrival.

H
hmc posted on Mon, Dec 18, 2006 6:52 PM

The outcome of the little Tiki shirt can be found in this new post:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=22182&forum=18&start=last&0

F

Spend most time on this area as if it isn't done neatly, there will be a noticeable part line down your mug.

I love this thread. I have a question though.. why do you build up the bottom with clay? Couldn¡¦t you just pour in plaster, let it set, flip it over and pour in the other half (with a bit more care perhaps :))? Or will bubbles and air pockets play tricks with you if you do like that?

Any way, thanks for a fantastic thread. I¡¦m looking forward to see the DIY Tiki Mug explosion now that everybody knows how to create ceramics.

H
hmc posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 1:04 AM

G'day, Sorry for late reply - just popped in to catch up on everything!

You can't just pour in, as oppsed to building up the clay because you need to add key points to lock the 2 parts together. Check the steps after the photo you have posted above for more info.

PS: I have already noticed many new mugs in the forum!

H
hmc posted on Mon, Jul 2, 2007 1:04 AM

G'day, Sorry for late reply - just popped in to catch up on everything!

You can't just pour in, as opposed to building up the clay because you need to add key points to lock the 2 parts together. Check the steps after the photo you have posted above for more info.

PS: I have already noticed many new mugs in the forum!

congratulations and take care

Pages: 1 2 3 105 replies