Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Presidents' Day - How Do You Celebrate It Properly?

Pages: 1 11 replies

So it's another 3-day weekend for those of us with jobs that allow such luxuries. With Monday off to honor Presidents'Day (supposedly Lincoln and Washington's birthdays combined into one tidy National Holiday) what does one do to celebrate?

After chopping down a tree and confessing about it, do you put on your top hat and go get your wooden dentures fitted so you can enjoy a rolicking day of retail sale shopping (go to the mall across the river in a small boat, pose appropriately)then enjoy some theatre at night and hope for the best?

Is everyone really going shopping? Do tell....

Chop down a tree and carve it.

On 2006-02-17 22:20, ZebraTiki wrote:
So it's another 3-day weekend for those of us with jobs that allow such luxuries. With Monday off to honor Presidents'Day (supposedly Lincoln and Washington's birthdays combined into one tidy National Holiday) what does one do to celebrate?

Come shop at the department store with the big red star -- I'll be working there Monday. Some women's shoes are 70% off! Pay with your store credit card and you'll save 10-15% more on all sale merchandise.* Open a new charge account and you'll save an additional 10% today and tomorrow! Please buy sunglasses and hats before small children destroy them all! Thank you for not shoplifting!

*does not include cosmetics, fragrances, Coach and Dooney & Bourke handbags (not even the ugly ones), mattresses, diamond solitaire rings, previous purchases, etc etc.

On 2006-02-17 23:47, cynfulcynner wrote:

Come shop at the department store with the big red star -- I'll be working there Monday. Some women's shoes are 70% off! Pay with your store credit card and you'll save 10-15% more on all sale merchandise.* Open a new charge account and you'll save an additional 10% today and tomorrow! Please buy sunglasses and hats before small children destroy them all! Thank you for not shoplifting!

*does not include cosmetics, fragrances, Coach and Dooney & Bourke handbags (not even the ugly ones), mattresses, diamond solitaire rings, previous purchases, etc etc.

Thats it.....suck up to the "Big Red Star"......:D

On 2006-02-17 23:47, cynfulcynner wrote:

Thats it.....suck up to the "Big Red Star"......:D

I don't feel that we can adequately honor two of our greatest presidents with just 70% off shoes. If cosmetics, fragrances and mattresses aren't included, haven't the terrorists already won?

Presidents' Day - How Do You Celebrate It Properly?

Once again, BOOZE!

On 2006-02-18 11:12, Tiki-bot wrote:
If cosmetics, fragrances and mattresses aren't included, haven't the terrorists already won?

Well, there are Obsession and Estee Lauder specials going on this weekend, so the battle isn't completely lost. :lol:

On 2006-02-17 22:30, HelloTiki wrote:

Are you carving wooden teeth?

On 2006-02-20 11:21, joefla70 wrote:

On 2006-02-17 22:30, HelloTiki wrote:

Are you carving wooden teeth?

Two words:

Tiki Dentures.

D

Without even knowing it until the afternoon of Monday, Feb. 20th I suddenly realized it was President's Day. Where was I? Washington, D.C. Totally cool to be there on that particular day. I hadn't been to D.C. in a while, and as corny as it may sound, it does reaffirm one's faith in the USA. Regardless of what may or man not be happening in politics today, Washington, D.C. showcases all of the 'mighty goodness', the myths, and ideals of America. It was a cool trip. And yeah they have the 'Puffy Shirt' from 'Seinfeld', Fonzie's jacket, Edith & Archie Bunker's chairs, Ray Charles' tuxedo among other things in the Smithsonian Museum of American History. Here's a coupla snaps I took of some more important things...

Abe

US Capitol dome inside

Wash. monument

If you were Martin Luther King, Jr. and you gave a speech called 'I Have A Dream' on August 28, 1963 this is what you would have seen filled with 200,000 people, 'cause this was the spot MLK did it from.

anybody home??

Pages: 1 11 replies