Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Kahiki Mosaic & other new works... (page 8)

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies

great stuff, i really dig "accidents happen" and the Screamin Jay Hawkins

H
hewey posted on Sat, Mar 15, 2008 3:12 PM

Wow - I havent browsed this thread for ages - awesome work! :D :D :D

Jonesey, Constipation Blues. Most definitely.

OceaOtica, 'Accidents Happen' was a fun one to do. No pre-planning at all.

Hewey, Thanks for the encouragement.

Paipo, Sometimes a mug talks to us and lets us know what design it wants and sometimes we have an idea and find the right mug. Just depends on how the stars are aligned that particular night (we do all our thinking at night). Keep meaning to take pictures of a work in progress but just keep forgetting.

Thanks for all the support people. We'll be making more....

M&M

F

love those last pieces, great stuff. The dynamic motion in the samurai piece is tops.

Aloha Cheeky half!
You have some excellent shakin out of your house! mahalo for sharin, Aloha, Mooney

Thanks frostiki and MooneyTiki! Somehow we missed your messages back when we last updated. With so many great artists and topics on tc sometimes we forget to keep an eye on our own topic.

Here's the latest goings on here in the desert:

We got a write up in the AZ Daily Star

http://www.aznightbuzz.com/stories/236659.php

....and here are some of our newer pieces....

Bali Eye

Boomerang Boy

Tiger Tiger

Confession

Hope you enjoy!

T

I read that article in the paper... way to go guys! Your work keeps getting better every time I see it!

Thanks Mike, nice to see you're keeping an eye on us. Us Desert Dwellers need to stick together....

M&M

C

Very cool article!!

Congrats on the recognition :)

SF

Congrats on the well deserved exposure guys.
Maggie where are your safety goggles? Mark will put an eye out!!

Congrats MARK (not Mike) and Maggie!
Every paper in the country should cover your awesome mosaics!
Mike was saying at the Parking Lot Sale how you two were
trying to figure out how to work with the Oli-Oli.Kakaka,and Pupule mugs
because of the side decals....
Give Holden a ring-he may have some pre-fired decal blanks laying around...
How's that Screamin Jay "Constipation Blues" piece coming along? :lol:

Visit http://www.kenruzic.com
http://www.myspace.com/kenruzicdotcom
and your Brain will Expand!
or your money back....

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2008-05-07 09:01 ]

croe67.... Thanks for the props, we'll see you at Oasis, yes?

Swampy... Maggie was demonstrating the new 'I'm not even going to look at the glass' technique we're working on. Promises to yield some 'interesting' results...

Kinney.... 'Constipation Blues' is working itself out nicely. We'll keep you posted. Oh, and I like to spell my name with an 'ar' rather than an 'i', so it's more like Mark (without an 'e' on the end too). Geez, what a convoluted way of pointing out the name's Mark, not Mike. But you can call me Mike if you want. And nice job of getting into the M Modern show. Well deserved and about time. I'll see what Holden has knocking around The Farm....

m&m

C

On 2008-05-07 08:26, cheeky half wrote:
croe67.... Thanks for the props, we'll see you at Oasis, yes?

Oh yes - for sure!!!
AND - you have to stop by our room for cocktail hour (just about any hour we're in our room will be cocktail hour)\
:)
See you there!

Inspired by the vibe of Tiki Oasis 8 (drinking, tiki mugs and misunderstood monsters), we'd like to introduce you to...

The Mourning After

As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

S

Okay lets make it a three monster series. Dracula and the Wolfman to go along with Frank. Would not want to leave out the other guest with hangovers.

Right on! We just have to find the appropriate tiki mugs for Dracula and Wolfman first.

Wow, great new piece Maggie!

You gotta love those classic monsters.

Can't wait to see you kids at Oasis.
First round is on me.

Thanks Doug! Mark wants to know if you mean that thing about the first round literally.

A new piece we've made...

The Goof Gets The Girl

and some other ones too...

There are a few more newer pieces on the web site, including one of that famous Tiki icon, Astro Boy. O.K. so he hasn't anything to do with Tiki at all, but he is a cool little dude. And he can fly.

We'll be bringing these to Tiki Oasis if you need a better look-see.

ch

fantastic work!!!

and also, thanks for the little blurb about net neutrality!! that's part of my job.
http://www.commoncause.org/NetNeutrality

..sb

Always happy to help keep the Internets open to one and all, SBIM.

And thanks for the props (and the work you do).

ch

Not really Tiki but definitely Fezzy...

Lots of little Rhinestones (over 200 I think) and a ceramic Iguana medallion make Iggy's fez Pop.

ch

Awesome!

Here's our latest work. First off is a commissioned piece inspired by the late, great Kahiki:

Next up it's Aloha Vic and BubbleFish:

Two inspired by the Milan Guanko carvings at the Kon Tiki:

Tiki Bob Bar:

Sun Lounge & Lounge Maiden:

And the Voodoo Girl:

We'll be bringing these and more new works to Oasis in August, unless anyone can't wait that long :wink:

Mahalo,

M&M

:D YAY! Velvet Glass back in da hut!! M&M you're work'z are always hot...but this piece is exceptional, Hana Hou! KAHIKI!! :D

Mahalozzzz Jonesy. Yeah, this one took a lot out of us in many ways. Thanks for the props and we'll be seeing you at Oasis....

M&M

Beautiful work both here and on your website. Exceptionally subtle shading for mosaic work. Is "Miss Exotica" a self portrait? :)

L

Awesome as always! I see you sold the "Aloha Vic" piece already. Do you ever make duplicates of your designs ?

MDM: Miss Exotica was inspired by Sandy Warner, cover girl to many a Martin Denny LP. While I don't look much like her, Mrs. CH has a passing resemblance, which makes me a lucky guy indeed. Especially when she takes to reclining on our tiki mugs :)

LZ: We're currently in pre-Tiki Oasis mode, which means we're making as many new mosaics as possible before August. We'll be making some similar to Aloha in the coming weeks and will post them here. Keep yer eyes peeled....

Thanks for the support, it's much appreciated.

Mr. CH

You kids have been busy little masaic mak'n monkeys.
By Oasis you guys will have bloody stumps for fingers.

Love the Iggy Pop fez piece. Great stuff!

Bloody is right, mate. Iggy has found a new home so we have to make a new Fez piece. Any ideas on who we should do?

ch

Pages: 1 2 3 126 replies