Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

The Shrunken Heads drawing, Page 8, 4/11

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies

today in math class i doodled little tiki heads on the top of my pad paper. And this is what came out.

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-03 11:51 ]

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-04 13:16 ]

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-06 11:55 ]

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-07 11:45 ]

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-08 11:34 ]

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-09 11:52 ]

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-13 11:57 ]

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-23 11:50 ]

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-27 12:03 ]

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-04-11 17:46 ]

When I was in school, I always found that the most boring classes made for the best creative times. My favorite doodles ALWAYS came from those classes. I'd say that was a fine use of your time (unless, of course, you're studying to be a mathmatician)

Nice doodles

POLYNESIAC - putting the 'F' back in ART

[ Edited by: Polynesiac 2006-03-02 12:29 ]

yeah...i was supposed to be doing inclass work. Well in a way i did do work...just not math. hehe

what year of school are you in?

P

i'm a senior, woot woot!

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Mar 2, 2006 1:12 PM

its 1:00 shouldn't you be in class??

P

where i'm from it's 4:31 pm, school gets out at 2:20

M

Congrats on gettin the tiki bug at such an early age.

Most folks around here are a wee bit older than 17-18 yrs old.

Now where did I put my teeth..... heh eh ehh hheeh

Those are great little tikis pocky!
They'd make an awesome border at the top of custom tiki letterhead.

H

On 2006-03-02 13:32, PockyTiki wrote:

And what about these other posts from earlier today???? Well?? :)

post 3/2/06 10:51 am (PockyTiki time 1:51)
post 3/2/06 10:56 am (PockyTiki time 1:56)

Leaving school early for Tiki Central?

J
john posted on Thu, Mar 2, 2006 3:32 PM

wow, alls i did was sleep in class

P

On 2006-03-02 15:24, Hakalugi wrote:

On 2006-03-02 13:32, PockyTiki wrote:

And what about these other posts from earlier today???? Well?? :)

post 3/2/06 10:51 am (PockyTiki time 1:51)
post 3/2/06 10:56 am (PockyTiki time 1:56)

Leaving school early for Tiki Central?

lol you wish. But there was a computer sitting infront of me so i decided to visit this forum and post a few. :wink:

P

On 2006-03-02 15:16, Tikiwahine wrote:
Those are great little tikis pocky!
They'd make an awesome border at the top of custom tiki letterhead.

...ya know i never realized that. My (new) friend, you're a genius.

B

Unless your amth teacher is into Tiki, you are getting in TRouBle... Looks cool though.

H
hewey posted on Thu, Mar 2, 2006 5:49 PM

Ah, the joy of maths.

Yep, my school books were equally covered :)

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Mar 2, 2006 6:32 PM

Anyone else you know at school or family like tiki? I wish I liked tiki in Highschool cause I would have all the early MUnktiki mugs and a Shecky or two. But there would go my money so this is ok.

P

not that i know of. I live in a wealthy town filled with snobs and druggies/wannabe goths. It's alright, but not really my kind of folk. I'm hoping to decorate my oncoming college dorm with tropical designs and tikis everywhere. That'd be the happiest day of my life...besides my wedding day.

Hey guys, I just finished up these bad-boys today.
Alright the first one here is the clay mask i've been talking about: Here's what it LOOKED like:
Sadly soon after i was done shaving some of the excess stuff off of it, the jaw snapped off:
Luckily my mind came up with an idea to drill small holes in the corners of his jaw(s) so i could loop string through them and thus actually make his lower jaw dangle a bit:

Anyways to compensate for my failure at handling my clay mask carefully i moped a little bit and then smiled once more when i finished creating this little Tiki totem:

This is his BE-hind:

cute! those are very happy little guys!

i think so too. I'm sure they'll get along together, fairly well.

T

Swinging Jaw is cool! Great idea! Funny how that works sometimes. I like the other guy too. Good Solid look. Nice work PockyT

P

thankyou, sir! I'm thinking of creating a whole line of miniature clay totems. If i actually get around to doing that I'll let you guys know.

B

Cool stuff Pocky. It's nice to see you having fun with your tiki art.

P

Hehe, yeah i am!

J

Nice work mon. Looks like you have a gift for creating tiki.

thanks. I'm hoping i do!

P

T

On 2006-03-02 11:53, PockyTiki wrote:
today in math class i doodled little tiki heads on the top of my pad paper. And this is what came out.

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-03 11:51 ]

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-04 13:16 ]

Hey Pocky! Very nice! I wanted to make a leather headband for a tiki tonight. Would you mind if I used your idea? (I'll be sure to give credit where it's due!)... believe me, my work is never for sale! (no matter how hard I try!), so there's no money to be made :(

Thanks!

P

yeah sure! Feel free, dude. I just don't like it when someone Steals my artwork and doesnt give me credit. So just put in a good name about me a lil bit. Have fun with the headband!

T

Thanks Pocky!...

Ok, I tried it. Learned from a leather carving dude tonight. Just the basics. I suck. I won't post a picture of my test headband here in deference to PockyTiki. The idea is great though... I'll try again and if something worthy comes of it, I'll post it.

thanks again PT

[ Edited by: tikigap 2006-03-04 20:17 ]

P

Aw, man don't worry about it. I guess you can say it's like your test tikis, just practice a couple times and it'll come to ya.

H
hewey posted on Sun, Mar 5, 2006 6:26 PM

Cool swing jaw dude! I like to see how people overcome problems with their tikis in innovative ways. The little dude is cute too.

P

thanks! I thought my mind did a good job coming up with that one. I can't WAIT to get back to it on Monday.

alright so today i created two new tiki totems out of the usual clay.

as you can see, a really weird tiki of my own design and a Moai-ish head.
Then i doodled out a new tiki pattern (sort of like the older one i made):

And yes that is on my math homework. In English I managed to doodle a tiny Tiki Bob

Enjoy! More shall come, possibly tomorrow.

PS: Gap, that Maori head is dedicated in your honor.

Tito? What are you doing in that bucket of chum?! That's my LUNCH!

[ Edited by: PockyTiki 2006-03-06 13:45 ]

L

On 2006-03-06 11:58, PockyTiki wrote:
as you can see, a really weird tiki of my own design and a Maori-ish head.

Stunning work. absolutely exemplary. Now that you have mastered the Maori look, leave New Zealand behind for a moment and now try Rapa Nui's icons. Let's see a Moai. I know you can do it!

alright, i am just printing pictures of Moai easter island heads for reference and you shall have one tomorrow. :)

I love your eentsy Tiki Bob!
Cuuuuute!

(Not quite as good as owning the real thing, but it'll hafta do...)

J
john posted on Mon, Mar 6, 2006 1:56 PM

those math problems are bringing back horrible flashbacks! use it in the real world...yeah right

P

i know what ya mean John. I'm going to art school, so who needs math?!

J
john posted on Mon, Mar 6, 2006 2:17 PM

i went to art school - they made me take stripper math (072). actually you have to take all the classes, but where you would normally need a "c" for the class to count, non-art classes only require you to get a "d"

a patron hands you a twenty and the club gets thirty percent, how much money will you go home with?

you danced for four hours and made three hundred dollars, how much did you make per hour?

[ Edited by: john 2006-03-06 14:20 ]

P

since that's not for homework i'm not even going to TRY and answer those questions.

B

Aw, who cares if you fail math, just keep poppin those tikitots out. We Love'em.

P

hehe thanks. Tomorrow I PROMISE you all that i'll have a Moari head for u all!

H
hewey posted on Mon, Mar 6, 2006 6:44 PM

Cool stuff dude! Like the simple sketches, nice work.

T

Hey! I'm a math major too! - Do you know what the square root of 69 is? Ate, er uh I mean EIGHT somethin! That's the only square root I ever needed. Thanks Pocky! Cool maori head! Nice job!

P

lol math major..pfffft. Surrre! Yeah thanks!

Alright, well here's the Moai head i promised you guys. It's not that great so bear with me.

that's a great moai! you've definitely got some of your own style going on.

Pages: 1 2 3 116 replies