Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Pages: 1 2 3 4 167 replies

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:50 ]

J
Jawa posted on Tue, Mar 7, 2006 5:44 AM

Very nice! Something I have been looking for all my LP's, lol.

RB

Very nice, indeed. Mark me down for one.

T

Great frame, Derek.

I would definitely be interested in purchasing some of these.

I'd like to see different styles too. Most of my frame-worthy albums are Hawaiian. But I am awfully partial to that Maori carving style. They'd be perfect for my collection of Split Enz albums.

Let me know when you're ready to start taking orders.

Kate

R

DEFINITELY interested - the generic black frames I use now are woefully inadequate for my Enchanted Tiki Room/Jungle Cruise album and my Mancini's Hawaii.

K

I've been looking for something like that for months now - My import Blue Hawaii needs a home. Please let me know if you start selling them - I'll sign up for one. Looks like great work.

L

Hello - I'm good for 2 of these if you are doing them in a 10" version for older lp's. Thanks.

Maori, tapa, I'd like to least two anyhow.
They're gorgeous, you're truly a master craftsman and artist.

G

I'd take 2 or 3 for sure! Excellent work as always.

I'm absolutely interested. I've been looking for LP frames and the ones at the local frame shops, while inexpensive, just don't do it for me.

M

ultra-ZAZZ!

H
hewey posted on Tue, Mar 7, 2006 6:19 PM

I reckon they look great! I wouldnt buy one cause I have no albums to frame. I reckon there would be enough demand to sell enough though.

S

Sign me up for 2 or 3 as well!
Your framing is peerless.

peace,
Scottiki

T

3 for me! Great work MM.

H
hmc posted on Tue, Mar 7, 2006 9:38 PM

Yeah, great idea... but sadly I have no albums either!!! i only have postcards and I have stuck them to the bamboo fridge.

M

*teenage/college styled thumbtacks in the wall next to your cinderblock and plywood entertainment center kind of thing with a collection of beer cans as decor.

Dude, I am the master aesthete of that decor. Bartles and Jaymes 4-pack labels lining the wall? I invented that look. My engineer roommate designed the bar we made (take that Bamboo Ben!) and I supplied the fixtures. Not only a small aqua green inflated plam tree, but a 5-foot blow-up Bud-Lite bottle. It was SoCal cool in '85 and it's still working for me today. Alas, it remains hard to be a pimp.

Dig the frame, want to see the other designs. I'd probably swing for two, take a step in the right direction maturity decor-wise. I watch Home and Garden channel now. There's girl host on there with big knockers.

I'm gonna get letters for that last line, ain't I? Shoulda said bewbies.

All about the love,
midnite

B

Sweet Frame!

I'd be in for at least a pair.

Awesome Frame!!! I would definitely be interested in a few of these. How much are they going to run? When will they be available?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

MT

I could go for 4 or 6 of them easily. It would be interesting to get one or two in each of the frame styles that you create. Nice work, MM!

"It's Mai Tai. It's out of this world." - Victor Jules Bergeron Jr.

[ Edited by: Mai Tai 2006-03-08 16:58 ]

B

Ohmigosh! I just bought 6 new vintage albums that would be STUNNING in those frames. I would absolutely buy your frames!!

T

I would be up to purchasing three of them. They look great. Let me know.

MR

I would definitely buy a couple.I do have some duplicate records for once you get the trade thing started. I like the idea of different designs.

TB

Geez, i was just thinking last night how i was goin to frame our LPs, & blamm! i see this thread. Im very interested in buy some!

TBird.

MM, These are great!! sign me up for at least a pair.
nice work.

Monkeyman wrote:
If I am successful they would probably retail for $25 - $30 each. Volume discounts would be offered.

Ooh! I'd buy two. I've been wanting something like that for a few of my album covers. They would look great in my Tiki room.

M

I'll have some!

I'd be interested!!!

I've got shyte loads of albums that are frame worthy.
I'd probably go in for at least 4 or 5.

Nice work!!!

1-2 for me please, like the marq idea

K

Awesome design! I'll take 3!

count me in for 1 or 2

M

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:51 ]

It's lookin great Monk.

Mai-T-fine!

G

Gorgeous work as always Monkeyman. Me like!

B

Hey Monkeyman, those frames are really Sweet. I Love the detail you put into them. I haven't seen much from you recently since the Mug, did I Miss something? Anyway I Love your frames.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:52 ]

Amazing frames, Monkeyman. Can't wait to see them lined up at the Forbidden Island.

Sabu

oy!

I like 'em!

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:51 ]

E

Fantastic! I'd be interested.

Two words... BA BLAMMS!

Chongolio

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2006-05-01 04:32 ]

On 2006-04-29 12:34, Monkeyman wrote:
heres what mine look like all mounted on the wall

SSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeet!!

*On 2006-04-30 18:23, Jeff Central wrote:*SSSSSSSSSWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeet!!

My sentiments exactly

M

I don't collect album covers...but these frames make me want to start. I've seen the frames in person and they look even better than the photos reveal. Nice work!

MG

I just did 2 (12 x 12) serigraphs, a Tiki Tony one for Dionysys records and a Martini Kings one by Derek Yaniger. Maybe we can display them with a couple of your frames at Oasis.

C

Finally! The Tiki Gods have answered my prayers. My have ass attempt to cut my own wood & bamboo has made some nice kindling.

SoCal thanks you.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 167 replies