Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Pages: 1 2 3 4 167 replies

T

I too am most interested

D
DJLee posted on Mon, May 8, 2006 7:03 PM

Contact me at the Dionysus Records email address when you have these things ready to sell!

How did I miss this thread?? MonkeyMan your work blows me away!! Those frames kick some serious butt!!!

coming soon. stay tuned.

T

Great - It's been so long I was starting to worry.

So, I've seen the maori & tapa pattern frames.
Which one did you have reproduced? Or did you do both?

B

Any progress to report Monkeyman?

I'm about to start re-building the bar, and getting some of the exotica albums framed is high on my list.

They look amazing all together on the wall. Great work!!

cant wait to get my grubby little hands on a few!

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:52 ]

T

All of these frames, mentioned above look the same. Are they all carved wood Or some sort of resin mold.

Its all Reeeel wood.... Poplar w/stain and a couple clear coats.

Its a steady hand...

Because they are all hand made there will be slight variants from frame to frame but nothing to worry about. They are all made on the same design.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-09-17 22:23 ]

G

MM, those are stunning as your work always is! Just sent you a PM order.

G

Oh, and the new web site looks great too.

Inventory

24 frames are sold...

26 remain.

Thanks

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-09-18 20:54 ]

Thanks to all that have ordered a frame or three....

All sold out.....

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-09-21 17:01 ]

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-09-21 21:02 ]

K

Monkeyman-

Your work is awesome. I am interested in 2 of the 10 remaining. Do I submit payment via the website? Thanks!

My frames were waiting on my doorstep when I got home this evening.

They're absolutely beautiful.

Can't decide what to frame first.

aloha mm. i received my frames today. beautifully done! i can't wait to get them on the wall. mahalo.

If anyone needs help with how to install the glazing points that shipped with your frame please pm or email me and I will tell you how I do it.

The last shipment of frames went out via fedex ground yesterday. You should all have emails from the fedex site confirming the transit status.

Thanks again to all who purchased a frame or four.

Enjoy your fames everyone!
My only consolation prize is that I have a monkeyman original coming my way. Hopefully I'll be able to snag a few next time round!

V

sold out ? Damn, I missed it, that was fast.
well, I also have some amazingly great original monkeyman's art...

here they are on the wall.

cool !!

M

Voila, Monkeyman album frame under an original Monkeyman frame. That one is old school, like a Monkeyboy.

Hope you make some more of your other designs if possible, MM. Heck, I'd buy one. I gots to put up Herb Albert "Whipped Cream" album. Oh yeah, it's tiki.

Monkey to Man,
midnite costello

Got my frame yesterday. Looks terrific MM. Excellent job!

Waiting for my number to be called so I can get a monkeyman original and be a cool kid too. I think he's currently serving #52 and I'm holding ticket #12,476. So, any day now...

sorry folks. I wish I were faster with the custom work. The current custom frame I am working on has taken about 25 hours to complete.

Consider that I work just like all y'all and you can see how that many hours get spread out over a long period of time. Lets just say I dont watch TV anymore (thats a good thing).

Glad you all are enjoying the decor. I will speak to the factory about doing 50 frames of the maori design. It could take about 2-3 months to arrive.

Pricing would be the same.

Thanks

G

Aw, you know I was just kidding. Your frames are worth the wait, so no worries.

T

50 frames of the maori design. Did we see this one yet. Sounds interesting.

K

I want to get a couple of the new ones. I am in the middle of creating a tiki patio and would like to add a few to the area. Please let us know when you will have the new ones ready.

Missed out but looking forward to getting a couple in the future! Great work!

Got them today. They look great! Have a looksie.

CL

The day ours arrived, we brought them to Forbidden Island to show Martin and the local Ohana. There were a lot of ooohs and ahhs. Some tiki folk, not on TC, asked a lot of questions about them. They were well appreciated.

We now just need to figure out which special albums to put in them. Thanks for making them MM. They're beautiful!

M

More are on the way in 8-10 weeks.

Hey there, MonkeyM... Put me down for 2... for realZ... Maholla.

more supply is now available.

On 2006-11-12 10:38, Monkeyman wrote:
more supply is now available.

Same design? or new?

I'll need three either way.

These frames are just what we tiki vinyl junkies need, hell, even the 'Top of the Pops' albums would look good in these! Please could you let me know what the shipping of three to the UK would cost. I'm pretty sure I could shift quite a few of these to friends in England if the shipping was reasonable. Ever thought about makin' 'em for cds? Thought not, good call my friend. As The MUMMIES used to proclaim "Fuc...." What's that my dear? O.k just on my way.

All the Best from Jolly Ol' Blighty - Trader Jim (Make mine a 12"!)

same design..

half of the 50 frames are sold as of 11/17/2006

Thanks to those who have ordered and paid. I will prepare several packages for shipment this weekend.

I will provide each buyer with a fedex tracking number once shipped.

Thank You

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2006-11-17 08:52 ]

14 remain. Get em while you can.

all gone.. sold out.

thank you again.

prototype for the next album cover style that I will offer.

A much truer interpretation of the maori style than my original maori design.

Be on the lookout for this style hopefull early next year.

K

New frame looks great I might have to get another pair. Just got the other ones today. Great job. Your work is awesome keep it up.

Monkeyman, I received my 3 frames just a little bit ago and wanted to say they look great! You also pack really well too. I was hoping your new Maori frames had little Maori style tikis on them, but the Maori designs look super too. Keep'em coming!

Got all 6 of my frames (yes, I'm a frame hog!) and I am DIGGIN' them!

They are truly a treat and worthy of the beautiful covers they now highlight.
Thanks for continuing to churn out the quality work, M-Man!

F

Dude?

M

ha ha ha......

there is my shot in the arm....

touche.

I got mine too, they are great!!! thanks derek

Amy

M

Hi All... sorry it took so long to get the next batch done.

I have more available.

Thanks

See page one of this thread.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 167 replies