Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Coconut Wired Underground testing to be held again on 10/14/07 for secret preview

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies

ST

OK, it's been over a month since the last podcast. Did the dreaded MIG's prevail?

I'm eagerly awaiting the next one also.

I heard that Chongolio was moving to Hawaii. He must be in mid-move-chaos and unable to get to TC.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I been really busy with moving, packin' and creatin' but I have found the time to get Adventure #13 uploaded and ready for a listenin' Big ol thanks to Tiki Shark, Dave, Surf Tiki and Bora Boris for the comments. Sorry I haven't the time to reply to your posts, but things are really moving now as it gets closer and closer to my Hawaiian jump off date. I really do appreciate the comment and you all taking the time to write.

The next adventure finds our heros still underground but on the verge of some startling discoveries! Featured in this episode are a few of Tiki Ray's carvings and the musical niceness of North of Malibu, El Ray, The Mariners, The Del-Vamps, Agents of Voodoo and welcome back The Tikiyaki Orchestra

If you like the shows please let us know! It really does help to keep the motivational fires stokin'. We would also like to hear any input, suggestions or ideas you have about or show. You can write to me at: [email protected]

As you very well know, the Coconut Wired crew is always looking for fresh new talent to give some exposure to! If you are an artist or musician who is inspired by tropical visions of lush vegetation, magical waterfalls and mysterious surf spots and would like to be a part of Coconut Wired, Zap me an email at [email protected]

IF you like the show, don't be afraid to give us a DIGG.

J

Yay!!! I was afraid we were gonna have to wait a couple more months for #13! Thanks for squeezing out another podcast before the big move! Good luck at the sale on Saturday!

Is this station still kickin'?
I thought it swam to Hawaii.
Thank God for the internet.

T

Chongolio,

Tikiyaki very jealous you be livin on island time real soon. Great podcast, and thanx for the airplay.

Great episode Chongolio! Great tiki-tunes! Can't wait to hear what effect living on the islands will have on your pod casts... cause you know it will! The raw tiki-mana here is heavy mojo baby, and it's gonna seep into you and do it's Island hoo-dee-hoo on your mind and on your SOUL! (but, ya know, in a good way) Which Island in the 808 are you gonna be setting up your pod-a-caster on?

C

A super secret dry run from a hidden bamboo bunker willl be broadcasted to those in the underground resistance. The Coconut Wired Crew will be attepting to broadcast Coconut Wired in CHONGOVISION. If you are able to tune in on on 10/6/07 around 3:00 California time check out :

CHONGOVISION

Show your support of for the creative revolution and be an interactive part of Coconut Wired as we befuddle the MIG once more by adding a live video feed in spicy sonic scramble mode to our signal.

We need your help and input! So if you can, configure your browser and catch Coconut Wired tommorrow as we test launch an exciting test run of Coconut Wired in CHONGOVISION.

TM

Any Lucas Vigor?

C

On 2007-10-06 07:54, lucas vigor wrote:
Any Lucas Vigor?

Yes Lucas Vigor will be there! God willin' I may even have you play us a tune or two on your finger cymbals and ocarina. :wink:

Since this is a dry run there is no telling what kinda craziness, technical snafus and advanced stages of higgly piggley will ensue but thats all part of the charm of this brave new medium. So come watch and participate as Coconut Wired soars through the ether or melts down like a dang ol campfire marshmallow to long on the stick. No matter what happens it will be nothing short of exciting.

Aye,
Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

J

11 minutes and counting!

C

Boy that was a trip! Thanks to all who stopped bye and sat through that weirdness. I guess I still have quite a few bugs to zap.

BEER TIME!
Classic!
Good to see your face!
I watched the recording of the live CHONGOVISION and...
it was fun and funny and you're the master of improv! :D
one small step for CHONGOVISION,one giant leap for TIKI!

More reverb!!!!!

J

Chongo Noir

I am doing it again folks this time over at Stickam.com Hanford turned me onto another streaming video site that looks and feels way more comfy than Ustream. So if you are around at 3:00 pm California time this Sunday (Oct 14)come check it out and let me know what you think and lay some feedback on me. I promise I will have it a little more together for this next test session of Coconut wired in Chongovision.

See you there!

Ah splatter I missed it again. Chongolio are these recorded, can they be downloaded after the fact?

Aloha from my secret bamboo bunker on the lost-Isle.

Well that test kinda exploded in my face,but I learned a few things and will continue to tinker. Let me try to explain what is going on with Coconut Wired. First off it's not dead just going through some changes. I am trying to find a way to incorporate live video into future episodes as well as make then more spontaneous, interactive and fun for the listener. Also, I am trying to cut down on the amount of time I spend in pre and post production. It takes me days to put the episodes together, contact the artists and bands, adjust and create art and other content, update the my various blogs and forums etc etc. It is a labor of love however, I simply don't have the time to do it now that I am working a full time job and still trying to get settled after my move.

I was using Utream as a streaming video option, but found Stickam to be a much more friendlier and stylish site with lots of really cool features (when they are working.) Stickam has mad potential but there are still bugs a-plenty but I am sure they will go away as the technology improves. Also, streaming video is a CPU gobbler add to it the fact that I am using four other memory hoggin' apps to put the stream together and you got a recipe for a crashed computer. I got through an entire hour of recorded video only to wipe out when I tried to save it.

To answer Aloha Currents question, The episodes are not downloadable at this point, but recorded episodes can be viewed at your leisure on the stickam site or on blogs or webpages that have the player embeded. They also have an RSS feature so you can subscribe and be alerted when new content is added. The downside is itunes will no longer be usable and you can not put episodes on your ipod as far as I know.

I have high hopes for this exciting new medium and very excited about this stuff but there are still hurdles to overcome and the aforementioned bugs to squash. I will keep messin' around with it because I am a glutton for punishment and I love the smell of my computer melting. So go over to Stickam.com register if you are interested (it's free) and be a part of the future of Coconut Wired. I will be broadcasting sporadically over the next few weeks as I test new things and experiment with the features. I hope to start doing recorded shows as soon as I get a couple more things figured out.

I am still looking for bands and artists and now video. If things iron out I will should be able to make Coconut Wired much more entertaining, consistent and longer.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

Thanks for the update on Coconut Wired Chongo and glad to know you and Coconut Wired haven't retired- only shifting gears. Your current project looks more ambitious than the last for sure. Really cool stuff man I can't wait to see and hear future episodes. I still listen to the old episodes regularly. Blessed is the reverb!! In fact if you made a cd of the songs chosen for your shows it would be one of the best surf music sampler's out there.

Heading over to Stickam now to have a look thanks for the link.

S

I'm gonna bump this one up, 'cause I recently found CW and I have to say it's the

GREATEST.

PODCAST.

EVER.

Much to my chagrin, Chongolio has experienced technical difficulties and his podcasting days have ended. Maybe if enough people say they LOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE the show, he'll reconsider.

In any case, thanks Chongolio. You've brought me to quite a few new bands I never would have found otherwise.

(think you can write up an ending to the story????)

Thanks for the enthusiasm and stoke Staredge. I can't make any promises on the content or format new episodes will be delivered, but nary a day passes that I don't think about how the Coconut Wired Crew can get the message past the greedy pockets of the men in grey suits and into the hungry ears of da people. The story ends when they pry my ukulele from my cold grey hands!

over and out.. for now.

Keep it goin Chongolio! I know you've put a lot of you mana into this effort..we all appreciate it.
Your pal..George
North of Malibu

[ Edited by: kenposurf 2008-08-22 07:44 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 118 replies