Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hale Tiki decor to be liquidated. Here's you chance to buy some.

Pages: 1 2 3 104 replies

Aloha All,

Regrettably Hale Tiki will remain closed. The deal for someone to purchase it fell through.

All of the Tiki decor will be put up for sale and liquidated ASAP. I have hundreds of items for sale. Dozens of Masks, Tiki poles, weapons, net floats, block and tackle, bamboo, matting, thatching, and barware. I even have about five dozen ORIGINAL coconut mugs from OMC. I found them in a warehouse in New Orleans after the hurricane. The guy sold them to me and told me that he owned a place called the Bamboo Villa in the French Quarter in the 60s. They are in the original boxes packed six to a box! I have piles of stuff like that for sale. Anyway, I digress, everything must go. I will even sell the matting and Tapa right off the walls if you like.

Not sure the best way to do this but I will be selling items at the bar over the next two weeks. So if you are interested in making a trip to Augusta you can purchase stuff from me right off the walls as we take it down.

I do own http://www.haletiki.net but have not used it. I might just post a picture of each item or lot with a description and price. We can use a 'Buy it Now' style thing from e-bay. PayPal etcetera.

Anyway, anyone interested should drop me an e-mail [email protected] or call me at my office 706-722-3843.

Mahalo,

Brad

[ Edited by: Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens 2006-04-02 11:44 ]

[ Edited by: Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens 2006-04-02 11:45 ]

L

On 2006-04-02 11:42, Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens wrote:
-Regrettably Hale Tiki will remain closed. The deal for someone to purchase it fell through.
-I have been bombarded with folks interested in buying or buying into the Tiki.
-I would like to make it clear that I am not doing this for finacial reasons.
-All of the Tiki decor will be put up for sale and liquidated ASAP. I have hundreds of items for sale. We can use a 'Buy it Now' style thing from e-bay. PayPal etcetera.

waitaminit...
why not talk with one of these many others who have bombarded you?
and if not, why wouldn't the donated carvings go back to the people whence they came?

Agreed....I hope that donated items are returned to the makers...

Well, you think that would happen.

L

or would certainly hope it would happen.
If... what "the beachcomber" sez is true: It's not being done for financial reasons...
(btw: what beach does he comb anyway?)

Lanikai and the like,

I have over $50,000 worth of decor and barware that I must do something with. I figured that the members of Tiki Central would like to have the opportunity to get some of the Tiki items that are going to be sold. After all, this is supposed to be furthering the tiki hobby.

I have to vacate the property. I do not own the building. I must (as per my lease) return the building to the owners in the same condition I rented it in. That means that I must remove all of the decor, even the stuff on the walls (tapa, matting, bamboo, ect.) now that we have closed and the lease is being terminated.

I am not selling the donated items unless there was an exchange or trade of items or the owners do not want them back. In other words, if I paid for it I am selling it. There have been many local collectors that have displayed an interest in purchasing items and they will be allowed to purchase what they please, just as can any of you.

The reason I closed doesn’t change the facts I stated above. I do have final bills to include the final taxes, lights, gas, phone, and a small bank loan (not that it is any of your business) that I must pay off now that Hale Tiki is closed forever. Just normal things when a business closes. Also, I have no need for enough tiki stuff to cover my entire apartment three times over. I am building me a tiki room at my place and the rest must go.

Again, for the record. I am not selling the few donated items that I have (I say few because the represent only a handful of the tiki decor I own). The folks that wanted some of the items back have contacted me and we have made arrangements.

So, my misfortune is the tiki collectors gain. Those of you on here that don't like me can just relish this moment. Feel free to be as negative as you like and to pound my ass if it makes you feel better about yourselves.

For those of you who love the hobby and want to own a piece of Hale Tiki, here is your chance. Here is the chance to own one of the "Basement Kahuna" originals that he carved for Hale Tiki. Or if you are not into copies, I have dozens of original pieces from the islands too. Either way we have a large grouping of great decor that must be sold and I would like for folks that appreciate tiki to own it.

With much love,

Brad

lanikai,

First and foremost, I liked the name. Beachcomber was the name I took when I was overseas in the Middle East for two tours with the Army. It is one big "beach" over there. I call it the Sand Box too and signed off my e-mail with "Your man in the Sand".

I would like to say that the attitudes displayed here are not very good representations of the positive tiki vibes that first drew me to the hobby or tiki in general. In fact, I am not sure where this is coming from but I will just say, if you don't have anything positive or nice to say, why say anything at all?

Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens

[ Edited by: Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens 2006-04-02 16:26 ]

M

*Feel free to be as negative as you like and to pound my ass if it makes you feel better about yourselves. *

What's so negative about pounding your ass? Fly that freak flag, that's what I always say! Remember, midnite is all about the love...always about the love. All kinds of love. Nudge nudge, wink wink...Say no more!

Don't ask, don't tell.

"Love for sale
appetizing young love for sale
love thats fresh and still unspoiled
love thats only slightly soiled
love for sale"

I always liked "Days of Our Lives" myself. Soap Opera-wise.
midnite

R

Best of luck with whatever happens Brad.

L

On 2006-04-02 16:08, Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens wrote:
I am not selling the donated items ...
Again, for the record. I am not selling the few donated items that I have

well, I'd say that's maybe the clarification that was wanted, initially...

UB

Hope the sale goes well Brad.
Any pics?

i'm sorry you're closing. good luck on the sale. i hope i can score something.

Unga Bunga,

Yes, I will be putting a complete list with pictures, descriptions, and prices up very soon. I will be sure to post it here when I do. Now I just have to get me a hosting company for http://www.haletiki.net and I will be cooking with gas.

Thanks,

Brad

Midnight Tiki ROCKS!!

When a man gets weak... its time to FREAK..
You are a total NUT!! ( in a good way),enough ego building for Midnight, Brad, Sorry you have had to make this BUSINESS choice. But schitt happens. Good luck in your future, and thank you for your service to our country.
Hudson

L

On 2006-04-02 16:25, Brad 'The Beachcomber' Owens wrote:
I would like to say that the attitudes displayed here are not very good representations of the positive tiki vibes that first drew me to the hobby or tiki in general.

well, you came in on a good day.

In fact, I am not sure where this is coming from but I will just say, if you don't have anything positive or nice to say, why say anything at all?

Uh, because apparently it's more fun?
Just a guess.

[ Edited by: lanikai 2006-04-03 10:58 ]

Fair enough. There was a time when I had thicker skin but I guess I just have a smaller sense of humor when it comes to this matter than I should.

Brad

D

Brad wrote

In fact, I am not sure where this is coming from but I will just say, if you don't have anything positive or nice to say, why say anything at all?

lanikai wrote

Uh, because apparently it's more fun?
Just a guess.

Guess again... more fun you say? For who? Certainly not the readers. Your picking on Brad is easy and unoriginal. Been there and over done that! Move on with it already! Where are the moderators on this one? I thought if you had a bone to pick with someone we were to put it in a private PM to the person your pissy with. This is just plain stinky!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2006-04-03 19:49 ]

M

may your liquidation be a success and may you move on to your next venture smoothly. ignore the aholes.

T

Well said Dawntiki!! I agree it's just plain stinky when people are petty & mean here. I would like to think that everyone would treat each other as they would like to be treated. It's probably just hard enough for anyone who has to pack up a part of their life without getting shots taken at them.

My 2 Cents!

Tikisgrl

L

On 2006-04-03 19:45, DawnTiki wrote:
Brad wrote

Your picking on Brad is easy and unoriginal. Been there and over done that! Move on with it already!
right you are. sorry; the ribbing went overboard. Can I blame it on da maitais?

[ Edited by: lanikai 2006-04-03 20:28 ]

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.