Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hale Tiki decor to be liquidated. Here's you chance to buy some.

Pages: 1 2 3 104 replies

Just ordered one of the mugs! It's a shame I never got the see the place, but I'm happy to be able to at least get a little piece of the Hale.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Jul 29, 2006 11:37 AM

GROG never got to see Hale either. Alot of people told
GROG he should go to Hale, but GROG never had the chance.
People still tell GROG to go to Hale but, GROG always
tell them it has been shut down.(They give GROG funny
look for some reason.) They also tell GROG to go-f**k-
GROGself.GROG not sure if they mean GROG should masturbate,
but it sure is nice so many people are considerate of GROG's
well-being.

Masturbation is self improvement

LOL... no matter what the situation, Brad, you always gots that Great outlook. Spank on, Brothas!!

Aloha Gang,

I will be sending out all the mugs orders this week coming. I have been waiting for the U.S. Postal Service to send me the Priority Mail boxes to ship them in. The USPS requires you to order them online now and they will not give them out in quantity at the office anymore.

I received an e-mail from them about a week ago saying that my order had been shipped but as of today (Friday, AUG 4th) they have not arrived. If they are not here by close of business Nonday, I will gather up boxes on my own and ship them anyway.

Just wanted to let you all know what was going on.

As far as more items for sale goes, I will be putting more items on very soon. Pictures, odds and ends, and such.

Mahalo,

Brad

Aloha Gang,

The boxes have arrived! I will have all the orders in the mail by this Monday (August 14th).

Thanks for your understanding on this but it is the snail mail (pun intended) that has held me up.

Please post here when you get your items if you wanrt.

Mahalo,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Any update on the mug shipments? Did they ship out yet?

Thanks man!

G

Just got my mug. It's a beaut! Thanks Brad.

I just opened it today. The photos don't do it justice. I'm happy to own a Basement Kahuna mug design.

Brad even threw in a handful of Hale Tiki swizzle sticks. A nice bonus, indeed.
Thanks Brad.

BTW, the used of the Priority Mail shoe box is very clever. Just the right size for mug mailing.

I recieved mine in the last couple days too (I wasn't home, so I'm not sure exactly when it arrived)! It's great! I love the design, and I'm happy to be able add one to my collection. The added bonus was the Hale Tiki swizzle sticks! It was unexpected and REALLY appreciated, as they are very nice!

Thanks again Brad!

Chris

T

Firstly I would like to say mahalo to Brad for being a super nice guy and setting me up with some real tiki treasures. Savage Patty and I drove to Augusta and picked up a 7' Hale Tiki carved logo pole that is awesome in person. The pics do not do them justice. We also got a couple of glass floats a real New Guinea mask some matting a case of vintage coconut mugs and more. On top of that we heard some great stories of the bar building and late night goings on and then he took us to a great place for lunch. I'm sorry that I never made it there when it was open but you know I'll give this stuff a great home. Whoever is interested he still has a bunch of great stuff left. Thanks again Brad.

Aloha Gang,

I am happy to haer that the items are hitting the mark. Please feel free to visit the http://www.haletiki.net web site and see what we have left. Some new items will be posted soon too.

I have found the wait for the "Shoe box" size Priority Mail Boxes wortn the wait. They are just the right size to ship one or two mugs and they have self-adhesive on bothe ends. It is nice to eliminate the need for tape.

I am glad that you all like the swizzle sticks too. I was very proud of them. Just so you all know (now that the "cat" is out of the bag) I will be throwing in a handful of out swizzles with each mug order. Its the least I can do.

Thanks again for all of your support and just to let you all know. I only have a few mugs left to purchase and then they are gone forever.

Mahalo,

Brad

[email protected]
http://www.haletiki.net

Hey Brad!!

Did you ever find that pack of socks I bought from that bum???

Those were some Good Times!!!!

How do I get one of those mugs??

C

Hey Brad -
It sounds like most people have gotten their mugs. I placed my order on 7/19 & I haven't seen anything yet. Can you confirm that it's on the way? I sent a couple emails your way to the address you have posted here, but I haven't heard anything.... Mahalo!

Same story here, sent the money on July 29th... no mug yet and no answer to any of the emails that I've sent. Any updates Brad?

[ Edited by: TikiDiego 2006-08-27 13:03 ]

Brad just bought one of the HT mugs off of your site using PayPal.

Hey Brad,

In the same boat here ordered HT mug and box of coconut mugs on 7/28, just curious as to the ship date? Thanks.

K

Ditto here.

HL

I'm happy to report that I got my mug a couple of weeks ago.

T

Looks like Brad flew the coop with our money. I ordered some mugs on 7/18. Got an email 2 weeks ago looking for my mailing address, but haven't seen anything. Oh well, I guess it's not too surprising. :(

Z

I received my mug. Hopefully those still waiting will receive their order really soon.

C

I do still keep hoping it will arrive.....daily......but I am starting to wonder if it is in vain.... :(

Still no mug, and no reply to any e-mails.... where are you Brad?

T

For those of you that paid via payPal, you can always file a claim if it's been less than 45 days. That's what I did. Better to have no mugs than no money.

T

That's a good idea TikiGreg. I just filed a claim with Paypal. I hate to do it, this is the first time I've ever had a to file a claim like this before. Hopefully either Brad will respond or the mug will arrive. How many other people are waiting on an order?

K
Kenike posted on Fri, Sep 1, 2006 5:16 PM

I am...filed my claim today also.

C
croe67 posted on Fri, Sep 1, 2006 8:28 PM

Yeah, I regrettably also started the claim process today, too, as 45 days is almost up from when I sent payment. bummer.

Aloha Gang,

Apologies go out to all that are still waiting. I have gotten a job with the U.S. State Department and have been out of town for training for a while. I am in town for the weekend and back in D.C. this Tuesday.

I have made arrangments for the remaining shipments to be sent out this week. Some of the orders have been sitting on my e-mail q for a couple of weeks and a few of the orders (about six) have been boxed and ready I just had short notice to be in D.C.

I am sorry for the problems, thanks for you support. If you have not gotten your orders by this Sat then please e-mail Julee Bode at [email protected]

She will be handling the shipping for the orders that have already came in.

Due to the fact that I will not be in town (or the country for that matter) very much for the next six months to a year I am ceasing the sale of anymore of the left over Hale Tiki items.

So, after tonight the website will not have the option to buy the items. If you see something on there that you just MUST have drrop Julee a line and she will be able to confirm if its available or not.

If I am in town for the Hukilau I will try to bring what is left there to try to sell it.

Thanks again for all of the support you all have shown me over the past four years.

Mahalo,

Brad Owens
221 8th Street
Augusta, GA 30901

706-722-3843

[email protected]

P.S. Is there anyone on here from the D.C. area that knows where to get a decent dring in the D.C. Metro area? If so, drop me a line so we can meet for a drink.

Brad

S

Aloha Brad!

Wonderful to hear you're headed our way!

Well, it's not DC, but just a short hop north- Mike (OakTiki) and my Lounge of the Seven Pleasures in Maryland would be honored to have you out. The LOT7P having benefited mightily from your (and Hale Tiki's) generousity once upon a time, it's the VERY least we can do! You'll find drinks similar to this await you-

Just drop me a pm and we'll work out a when.

You'll also want to check out the MD/DC/VA Tikiphiles at http://www.marylanddctiki.com/ - particularly the message board section of the site - http://marylanddctiki.proboards2.com/ . You'll find a whole tribe of us, since you'll be washing up on our shores!

And Mike and I are headed to Hukilau, so we'll see you there if not before!

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Sep 4, 2006 1:08 PM

Glad to hear that you checked back in, Brad.
Sounds like we're all likely to get ours before the 20 day limit with Paypal is up.
Hope so!!!

R

Darn it! I just saw this thread, sorry to see Hale Tiki go! As I've posted before on TC the F&B biz is a toughie.....:(

I'm also sad that I never got one of those cool BK designed mugs. I was originally promissed one when I sent you those 3 masks before you opened way back when, but never received one (nor anything else). :cry: I wonder whatever happened to those carvings...........well if they are still around could you please ask your friend Julee to return them to me or (better yet) if they are no longer about, to send me a Hale Tiki mug & swizzels. :D

My address is:
Carl Mott
1608 Von Phister St.
Back Apt.
Key West, FL 33040

THANX! :wink:

[ Edited by: Rattiki 2006-09-05 03:41 ]

T

Thanks for the update Brad! I'll look for the package this week.

Good luck in your new job!

Just got my mug and a handfull 'o drink skewers this morning! MANY thanks!! Best of luck with the new job!

K
Kenike posted on Thu, Sep 7, 2006 1:06 PM

Got mine today. Mahalo!

RB

Received my mug (beautiful!) and a fistful of stirrers today. Best of luck, Brad... maybe some tiki diplomacy at the State Department can make the world a little better!

T

Mugs and Swizzles received today many thanks!!! I am truly excited to add these to my collection. Good luck with your new job!

Tikisgrl

T

Oops too enthusiastic on the submit button sorry :0(

Tikisgrl

[ Edited by: Tikisgrl 2006-09-07 16:27 ]

R

Brad,

Mahalo for the mug and the extra bonus items. Good luck in D.C.

Matt

Rum Balls wrote:

......maybe some tiki diplomacy at the State Department can make the world a little better!

Speaking of Tiki diplomacy......

T

My mug arrived today with a bunch of tiki swizzle/spears! Thanks Brad, you rock!

ditto. mug arrived today. mahalo for the swizzle sticks, brad.

R

My order arrived... thanks again, Brad, for making these available.
The blue glaze is really deep in color, it's terrific.

Mahalo! And feel free to check out the DC/MD/VA Tikiphiles boards once you're up here.

Cheers,
Rupe

On 2006-09-07 17:58, TIKI-TONGA wrote:
Rum Balls wrote:

......maybe some tiki diplomacy at the State Department can make the world a little better!

Speaking of Tiki diplomacy......

hey that's my tangaroa! smartest thing w ever did, making friends with gecko!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2006-09-08 12:28 ]

What's this? A package for me!!

I thought I was toooo late to get one of your fine mugs having ordered later than most, yet here it is!! Big MAHALO Brad and Julee!

As they say, one door closes another opens. Good luck in your future ventures and endeavors!!

[ Edited by: Capt'n Skully 2006-09-10 07:31 ]

F
Fugu posted on Sat, Sep 9, 2006 9:33 AM

I got my mug and swizzles in the mail yesterday. Thanks a lot Brad! Good luck with your new job!

C

So am I the only one who hasn't gotten my mug, yet?? Saturday's mail just went & NO MUG, again. I paid on July 19th. This is insane. I just emailed Julee - let's hope she's better at responding than Brad. Otherwise I'll be escalating my PayPal claim.
I really just want the mug - so bummed....

T

On 2006-09-09 12:18, croe67 wrote:
So am I the only one who hasn't gotten my mug, yet?? Saturday's mail just went & NO MUG, again. I paid on July 19th. This is insane. I just emailed Julee - let's hope she's better at responding than Brad. Otherwise I'll be escalating my PayPal claim.

I did get my mugs, FINALLY! So pm me and I'll send you one.

On 2006-09-09 12:18, croe67 wrote:

Hey Croe67,

Don't feel so bad.

I built the place and never got one!!!

Maybe they are just F'in with you!! ( I know I would!!)

Hang in there.

p.s. the "Fast Computer Generation" is going to kill tiki!!

Pages: 1 2 3 104 replies