Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Art and fun stuff from Tiki Racer [UK land] - Fondue Update 4/16

Pages: 1 21 replies

T

I'll make this thread my place for show and tell.

Here's some stuff I've been working on.

This link is a trailer to a short film I'm making with a bunch of friends. It's low tech and home made. The file is a 2.5mb quicktime movie, so you'll need quicktime player to view.
http://www.tikiracer.com/images/tiki_trail_web.mov

Been doing some print making, based on my art. This is going to be made into a lavalava [man skirt] for a bike festival event I'm going to as Tikiboy.

Just for fun - a mate of mine did my some vinyl stickers as a test so, made myself a tikiracer pencil case.

This is wip, but plan to turn these suckers into shrunken head handle bar hangers.

Hope you like it, let me know.

[ Edited by: tikiracer 2006-05-23 12:56 ]

[ Edited by: tikiracer 2006-11-19 07:16 ]

[ Edited by: tikiracer 2007-04-10 14:22 ]

[ Edited by: tikiracer 2007-04-16 06:56 ]

H
haikai posted on Thu, Apr 6, 2006 9:08 AM

Great stuff, tikiracer! I like the shrunken heads very much! I´m looking forward to see them, when they are finished. And also welcome on Forbidden Paradise!

Mahalo, Kai

Sweet stuff....!!!

that pencil case is great...

H
hewey posted on Thu, Apr 6, 2006 2:36 PM

Cool stuff dude. Love the lava lava. I bought one in Fiji - very breasy down there, great in the tropics :)

Nice work Racer, bring it on.

Thought you'd might like to see some more of my work. Been a bit lax on getting stuff up, but been beavering away for the upcoming luau

Used this for an add in the London Luau Programme

Super Chop - Really pleased with this super chopped rod and tiki combo - will become a print soon

Tribal Trike - A new tee design for the summer

This is a final design that was used for the CFTalk magazine, an article on NLP and Hawaiian Ha breathing techniques

This is for a page from dice magazine about tikiracer, I've also done the front and back cover art, will show that as soon as the mag comes out [hush hush and all that]

Coming up soon, new art in the UK Pocketiki magazine [to be previewed at the Luau], new prints, new tees, a limited edition badge, new postcard...

Got me a myspace shack, so stop by and say hi.

http://www.myspace.com/tikiracer

Thanks for pulling over and looking in.

Here's some of my latest creations, some for fun and some tikiracer

Still messing about with thermalite, getting some better results.

Spent some time with my kid playing with that "bake in the oven" clay.

A unique 1/1 print for the tikis and terrors2 show. Featuring the island terror, the brown tree snake.

Here's a new thing I'm trying out, driftiki. Driftwood with tiki carved into, but keeping the shape of the wood. This is driftiki one.

here's some of the stuff I've been upto:

lino cuts - new media for me, but really good fun and suits my style

looking to sell these mini prints in batches of 20 - different colourways

Coming soon...

Pendants with resin tiki and resin boars teeth

the final pieces will be made up by exotic tramp

Tiki racer the lava lava was genius and the linocuts are great. How are u pressing them at home, with a small rolling pin/ roller? Linocuts are so cool. Plus u get to frame your lino-block and it makes a nice 3-d piece. If u place it next to a framed print you get a groovy mirror image dyptych.

Cheers
S T

Ooh i like that lino cut! Nice composition....if there is any. I love Printmaking like that and it's fun.

H

Those lino cuts are awesome--nice job! I really like your drift-tikis too. I missed those somehow when you originally posted them.

Is there nothing you can't do! you seem to able to master each project as your fancy takes you! Are you Human? :)

On 2007-04-10 22:21, little lost tiki wrote:
Is there nothing you can't do! you seem to able to master each project as your fancy takes you! Are you Human? :)

I've come to the conclusion that TR is a soviet-era spy robot made from parts of Lomo cameras. At some point, his duties must have taken him to the Marquesas, where he abandoned his commie ways for the island lifestyle. I'm still not sure what's brought him to the UK. Maybe just to spread the Tiki word?

Anyway, I'm totally with you about TR being able to master new media (and he's a swell guy too). It's impressive.

H

Nice work mate. Love the lino prints - very kool

Wow you've been a busy chap,

A top tip for working with thermalite, when you finish carving get a hoover and suck the dust of it. The vacum removes all the dust from the bubbles in the thermalite and gives you a more lava look.

thanks for the great feedback - the hoover action for the lava look, plan to work on some more thermalite items, after reading the book aku aku and the secret cave carvings of easter island...

On 2007-04-10 22:21, little lost tiki wrote:

Just for the record, Tiki Racer is as 'human' as the rest of us, he's just a lot more talented than most...especially ME! I've been a fan of his work since contacting him about being in POCKETIKI #1 and from that day on we've been good friends! He is brimming with good ideas, aren't we all, but TR just gets on with it and the results are tremendous, really great examples of contemporary tiki art!! Check out his 'body bagged' ZOMBIE Mug! How cool is that! I've seen some of his future projects and, believe me, you will be impressed!!

I know he won't have any problems selling these lino cuts, so if you want my advice, for what its worth, pick one up now before it's too late. I've gotten mine already and it will hang here in Tiki Towers for all who enter to admire! It feels as good as it looks too!! Just like TIKI RACER himself, ha, ha!

Sorry if I sound a little sycophantic, but in my opinion, Tiki Racer is Britain's best tiki artist, he has a genuine feel for what he does and it clearly shows in his finished work! GO TIKI RACER!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

Here's a fun project that has been in my sketchbook for a while. Finally got around to finishing.

"Fondue to the gods"

The fondue pot and burner thanks to ebay and the grass thanks to fish tank.

Perfect for those rapa nui fondue parties! Long pig anyone?

H

Howdy Steve, that´s very cool and creative! Great and funny idea, hat´s off!
Greetings, Michael and Kai

On 2007-04-16 06:55, tikiracer wrote:
Here's a fun project that has been in my sketchbook for a while. Finally got around to finishing.

"Fondue to the gods"

Oh for Pete's sake!!! Whatever next?!!!

Trader Jim (make mine a cheesy cube of cheese covered in hot molten chocolate that'll burn my lip and drip all over my shoes, that is a fondue right?...and a Mai-Tai of course!).

B

very good idea.

Very kewl indeed, I just experimented with my electric fondue pots...it was fun...but bet that guy of yours would be a blast.

Pages: 1 21 replies