Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Big Sam's goodbye Party on Sat. 27th - Buffet Sold Out! RSVP if Interested in seeing the Show Only.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 149 replies

T

Sorry we're so late in posting this, but b-boyd and I just got back home. You see, we got turned around somewhere near the 415, 91 and 60 transition and ended up in Mexico. Then, we got detained for having a contraband Billy's glass on board :o (thanks Woohoo) after some time in a Mexican jail, we made our escape. On our way back, we got blown off the road just out side of Palm Springs and ended up in a sandbank! Just kidding :wink: …inside joke…and for those of you who were concerned, we hope we didn’t worry you guys too much!

But seriously, we wanted to extend a hearty Mahalo Nui Loa to Sabu, Woohoo, Soccertiki, Polynesiac, bigtikidude and everyone else who worked so hard to put together such an outstanding evening for everyone to enjoy! Outstanding!! :D :D :D

We has a blast and it was great to see old friends and make some new ones!

Dinner, even though we got there a bit late (that damn wind and 415, 91, 60 transition) was yummy and so was the special Woohoo Juice :D …thanks Soccertiki!

King Kukulele? What can we say…simply the best! And Tiki Diablo’s and Polynesiac’s carvings…I wish we would have been able to take both home with us, but our acceptance dance would not have been as entertaining as Krustiki’s. :)And I guess we’ll just have to covet Woohoo and Soccertiki’s pendants. :)

The Glasgow Tiki-Shakers were fab (we LOVE surf tunes) and the Martini Kings? As amazing as ever!

We feel privileged to be welcomed into such a fine group of folks! Your hospitality was very much appreciated by these desert dwellers and it was great to see all of our (new) old friends and meet some new (new) ones, Sabu; Hau 'oli Tiki & the Mr.; Mean Gene and the ohana; King Kukulele and the lovely Hillary; Polynesiac (loved the pendants J …dang we shoulda gotten there earlier); Mike (we’ll call you about the framing); Tikitatt and Mrs. Tikitatt (now I gotta get my tiki tat; Tiki Diablo (amazing carving); Johnny & Lady Velour ) and everyone else we had the pleasure of meeting!

Thanks again for an unforgettable weekend! Can’t wait to see y’all again real soon!

Until then, much aloha to everyone!

tiki-t & b-boyd

[ Edited by: tiki-tina 2006-06-02 03:59 ]

I remember the waiter from last Friday when he told us simply said he didn't know what the new owners would do to the place...at least there's still some hope...

And Sabu the Coconut Boy...good to meet ya! (hope I have the right person here...)

T

On 2006-05-31 19:57, goddess-sun wrote:
TikiSan our apologies to you if we were a visual "interruption" we had no idea you were video taping. When we heard the drum beats of The Martini Kings calling and assuming this was the last Hurrah for Sam's, we would no longer be wall hibiscuses.

Thanks again everyone!! We had a blast!! :)

No apologies are necessary! I thought your dancing was spectacular and only added to the enchanted evening.

The Martini Kings version of Quiet Village was amazing!

T

Hey u tiki boys's,

Did anything get planned for Sam's tonite? Mine & I got married there on Nov. 1, '80, and have dreamed tiki island dreams's ever since. We're in Ventura now but if anything's happening tonite, I'd like to know. Sam's has always been precious to me personally, and to my wife due to getting hitched there. I am in shock to call there today and check web sites for the 1st time in several years, to learn they are closing their doors tomorrow...

The reason I was contacting them was to begin plans for setting up our 25th anniversary party and possibly renewing vows in the wedding chapel. Getting married there was a magical experience. We had about 125 come, & there was someplace for everyone to go, something to do, and I have always been a surf & sand boy, so the Polynesian setting was perfect by me, man.

Please please let me hear from someone, even if it'd after the fact. I'd like to know how it went, even if I'm not there. However, if I hear early enough tonight, I'll drive down. It's only an hour or so, and I have friends local to stay with tonite.

So, Aloha TikiBoys, Let me know

BAD NEWS...... I just got off the phone with SoccerTiki. He stopped by Sam's for one last drink. As he was walking into the restaurant three couples were walking out. They had been turned away because the kitchen was out of food :(

Hey Sabu, Big Tiki Dude, & Soccer Tiki ~ Are you up for a Sam's Revival Party??
I'll be in charge of Roll Call :) WoooHoooo!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 149 replies