Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Caliente Tropics Luau weekend July 14th-16th !

Pages: 1 2 3 121 replies

ARRRGHHHHH! BITE ME (but baste me in Triple Sec and Grenadine first!)

On 2006-06-01 09:52, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
ARRRGHHHHH! BITE ME (but baste me in Triple Sec and Grenadine first!)

A Blast from the Past!!

( not 100% grey yet!!)

On 2006-06-01 09:24, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
HOW ARE WE WELCOMED BACK?

With Visa or Master. (No food stamps please)

T

Why? Because in the summertime they want anyone they can get. It's the slow season. They need the business. Duh.

On 2006-06-01 10:27, RevBambooBen wrote:
...( not 100% grey yet!!)...

... 98%...

H

anyways, ok, so the possible dates are??????

CL

Palm Springs? Tropics? Hmmmm, YES. Dates??

Dates and info tomorrow.....

T

Great pictures, Soccer! We'll be there (hey, it's only a short 3.5hr drive from our place) unless it's between July 10-30, cuz we'll be in New England then! Can't wait to check out the new lounge!!

Interestingly, while out on sales calls (gotta earn those clam shells somehow)I learned that the folks who own the Tropics now also own a very cool hotel in SoSco(aka South Scottsdale) called the 3 Palms Resort Oasis ( http://www.scottsdale-resort-hotels.com ).

It just opened and in another life was an old limited service hotel that's been renovated into a cool and hip little boutique hotel.

Even though it's a bit far from all of the action and not on the Scottsdale Trolley line, the design echos the Valley Ho and is pretty cool in it's own right....now if they only had a tiki bar on site!

More pics can be found here, http://www.modernphoenix.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1135 if you are interested....I guess what I am trying to say is that if they did a good job here, there is hope for the Tropics, too :)

D

Any news yet on dates?

I do really love Palm Springs. The Weather is marvelous and the Tropics is still in my book quite the Tiki Gem!! I am thinking about heading out if a date can be inked or not. Mahalo!

The date will be posted very soon!!! Keep your eyes open :)

Can't wait!! I'm so tired of this June gloom and cold, clamy blah. Oh sure, we had a few days of heat...
It's time for some serious Caliente!

Ok.....Sorry for the wait! Just got off the phone with the GM of C.T. and the Managing Partner of Hawaiian Bill's (formerly the Reef.) They are checking their lowest prices for the weekend and are trying to give us a better deal! As it is now they are offering a package for 2 people, 2 nights, luau for 2 and complimentary beverage of your choice. Additional persons staying at The Tropics will recieve a reduced luau rate per person and the comp. beverage!
Priced under $200!!!
The dates will be July 14-16th (Friday-Sunday)
I'll give more details when they are available!
SAVE THAT DATE!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-06-08 20:57 ]

Dagnabit!!!!

I think Tiki-Tina and I will be on vacation then and won't be able to attend. But I'll have to check with her tonight. If we can't make it, I'm counting on Soccer to have a lapu lapu for me!

Damg! I KNEW this cool event was gonna be planned when I have to be somewhere else! Double damg! I guess I'll just have to check it out on my own...

Just confirmed with Tiki-Tina that we will be on vacation then so you be sure to have a lot of fun without us :)

P

Yeah, I'll be up in NorCal that weekend for Drum and Bugle Corps shows. Didn't figure I'd really be able to make anything before labor day anyway. Well, I'll just save that money for Hukilau.

On 2006-06-08 16:42, SoccerTiki wrote:
Ok.....Sorry for the wait! Just got off the phone with the GM of C.T. and the Managing Partner of Hawaiian Bill's (formerly the Reef.) They are checking their lowest prices for the weekend and are trying to give us a better deal! As it is now they are offering a package for 2 people, 2 nights, luau for 2 and complimentary beverage of your choice. Additional persons staying at The Tropics will recieve a reduced luau rate per person and the comp. beverage!
Priced under $200!!!
The dates will be July 14-16th (Friday-Sunday)
I'll give more details when they are available!
SAVE THAT DATE!!!!!!!

WooHoooo! PS here we come. Don't Forget to Mark these Dates on Your Calendars :)

MG

My birthday is July 17th and Lisa's is July 18th.
I want to go but, will you guys keep me informed? I don't have a whole lot of time to keep up on this stuff and I don't want to miss out.

Thanks

The Mr. & I will probably end up going out there the weekend before; July 7-9. Just to check it out.
Sorry we can't make it for the actual "event"!! We'll be loading up the ole RV and heading up to Bass Lake that weekend! We'll be thinking of you all as we belch up the Grapevine at 40 mph with a ton of kids screaming and throwing food. Yep. Good times.

Allright!!! Here's the deal....2 nights, Luau for 2 and 2 complimentary beverages.
1 King Bed & 2 Luau tickets & 2 comp. bevs. $205.32 tax incl.
2 Queen Beds & 2 Luau Tickets & 2 comp bevs. $231.28 tax incl.

If you have more than 2 in your room then you need to purchase additional Luau tickets @ $35.00 each (Regularly $40.00)

Call the Caliente Tropics to make your reservation today! 888-277-0999 There are a limited number of rooms!!! Tell them you want the "Tiki Central" package...Then post here saying you're confirmed!

No one's making money off this! Just out to have a good time!

Cheers! And see ya at the Tropics!

Mexican Tiki and I just got home from Hawaiian Bill's (being desert rats we go every friday night to hear the live music) and Simon (the co-manager with Bill Ka'anoi) told us that he is hoping for a large turnout for the weekend in July from the TC community. He wanted me to pass on to all of you that they want the TC'ers back.
He also made a comment about the person Otto not get along with being gone from the Tropics, but I'm not sure what he meant by that. Simon also stated that he will be making attempts to bring Tiki Oasis back to the desert now that the person in question is gone.
By the way SoccerTiki, Simon said hi.

On 2006-06-09 18:43, SoccerTiki wrote:
Allright!!! Here's the deal....2 nights, Luau for 2 and 2 complimentary beverages.

If you have more than 2 in your room then you need to purchase additional Luau tickets @ $35.00 each (Regularly $40.00)

Call the Caliente Tropics to make your reservation today! 888-277-0999 There are a limited number of rooms!!! Tell them you want the "Tiki Central" package

(quote)

WoooHooooo! Get ready for lots of Fun in the Sun. PM me after you make your Reservation and I'll add you to the Guest List.

WoooHooooo! Get ready for lots of Fun in the Sun. PM me after you make your Reservation and I'll add you to the Guest List.

I just gotta say that I think it's so cute.. and so totally cool that Soccer Tiki has his own personal assistant to pull these awesome shindigs together that they come up with. You guys make an awesome team! :)

We're just majorly bummed that we won't get to join you all on this one 'cuz you guys sure know how to host and throw a party! Have a couple of Lapu's for us will ya? And thanks again for the "Personal Tiki Tour" of the OC. We had a great time! :)

BB

[ Edited by: Bamboo Boyd 2006-06-11 14:19 ]

Call the Caliente Tropics to make your reservation today! 888-277-0999 There are a limited number of rooms!!! Tell them you want the "Tiki Central" package...Then post here saying you're confirmed!

If anyone tried to book the room(s)...the day guy didn't know the deal! It should be ok now! Gonna be a fun, lei'd-back weekend!!!

WoooHooooooooOOOOOOOO!

Anyone have a rundown of what will be going on for the weekend?

I will be in Palm Springs from July 10 to 16 (not at the Tropics) but am unavailable on the evening of the 15th (which is when I guess most folks will be getting together). Wouldn't mind joining in if anything is happening on the 14th...

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-06-14 12:36 ]

H

I will be there with my friend Elianore on Saturday.

I just talked to the manager and he said they were having difficulties with their reservation system....If you are planning on going call 888-277-0999 and ask for the "Tiki Central Luau Package" for July 14-16th. They have a limited number of rooms at our rate, so don't delay and miss the rays! Oh yeah, call the toll-free number, don't use the website for making your rezzes......

A
Al-ii posted on Wed, Jun 14, 2006 9:55 AM

booked,
Mahalo,
Al

C

Just got off the phone with the Caliente Tropics and booked myself, Hula Denise and Audrey Pulani (3 year old daughter) for the TC Takeover weekend. The front desk was a little confused on the Luau tix and such so I need someone to please let me know that I am in for the "whole shabang". I am registered under Scott Marcus.

Anyone else bringing some kiddies to the event?

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-06-17 09:13 ]

H

We are definitely in. See you all Saturday.

Don't Forget: Room Packages at this Special TC Rate are Limited. If you are planning on going make your reservation ASAP!!! :)

H

WooHoo they did't know anything about the Luau and the drinks???

On 2006-06-15 21:59, hiltiki wrote:
WooHoo they did't know anything about the Luau and the drinks???

Soccer Tiki will give them a call today.

On 2006-06-14 10:56, caddio wrote:
Just got off the phone with the Caliente Tropics and booked myself, Hula Denise and Audrey Pulani (3 year old daughter) for the TC Takeover weekend. The front desk was a little confused on the Luau tix and such so I need someone to please let me know that I am in for the "whole shabang". I am registered under Scott Marcus.

Anyone else bringing some kiddies to the event?

I talked to the manager yesterday and he was having a slight communication prob with his front desk....Should be resolved today. The luau will be Saturday night and their plan is to have a "treasure hunt" for the kids so the adults can sit back and enjoy. Also regarding the drinks..I was told that each paying guest would recieve a voucher for a complimentary beverage of their choice.....

H

Well, we will just pay separately for the luau when we get there. Can't wait. :drink:

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-06-19 08:56 ]

H

Woohoo, I will be bringing lots of fresh mint and lime from the back yard, if you know what I mean...:wink:

On 2006-06-17 14:23, hiltiki wrote:
Woohoo, I will be bringing lots of fresh mint and lime from the back yard, if you know what I mean...:wink:

WoooHooooo! I heard that Al-ii is the King of Mixology :wink:

H

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm can't wait. Yes Al-ii is the best. I have been practicing a lot, maybe a I can pass for a beginner!!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2006-06-26 09:04 ]

Soccer Tiki spoke to the Manager of Caliente Tropics today. He said rooms are booking up for the Summer.

DON'T FORGET: Room Packages at this Special TC Rate are LIMITED. If you are planning on going Make Your Reservation ASAP!!!

Make sure you ask for the "Tiki Central" package reservation....He only had 3 more rooms and asked if he should set aside some more......I said you never know with this crazy group of partiers!

We are looking forward to a nice low-key, no-hassle, sun-filled weekend!!!

WoooooHoooooOOOOOOO!

Pages: 1 2 3 121 replies