Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Sweet Tiki Coloring Page

Pages: 1 22 replies

M

We're launching a large line of these in a 15"x18" format, complete with raised felt black lines & 12 coloring pens. But for now, you can open the link & right click on this one & save it as a low rez 8"x10" coloring page! Fun for kids and all of the many TC BIG kids! It's like saving a buck!!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g39/iamtikiman/TIKI-SURF-SHOT1small.jpg

This was illustrated by my friend Mr. Ken Ruzic.

Mahaloz!
Holden

WoooHooo! My Kindergartners are going to love coloring this :) Can't wait to purchase one :)

Pretty Cool Smoggy,
That take me right back to 8th grade math class. My buddy and I would draw stuff like that during class and then exchange for each other color it overnight. It sure beat doing algebra homework. I still can't multiply to save my life but I can color the heck out of a black and white drawing.
Mahalo for sharing, I look forward to seeing the other doodles,
Chongolio

This is the best. I love it ( so do my kids)

Great idea!
I'd love to see some coloured ones!

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jun 7, 2006 12:19 AM

Thats kool :)

M
McTiki posted on Wed, Jun 7, 2006 8:14 AM

This is very cool. Where will the big one be marketed?

Awesome!

The Lil' Boo's are going to be stoked!

Out with the Fairy's and in with the Tiki's!

( great! my printer just took a dump! Arrrr!!)

Wow that's Cool! I don't have any kiddo's but might have to d/l it for myself!

RB

Can't...stay...inside...the lines!!!

ST

wow, it's like Drew Brophy on too much kava.

R

Dont have a scanner but here is my page so far....

Lots of fun.
Cant wait till the set comes out.

B

Cool, I might have to get one of those for the kid in My house.!

Well, here is my version of Ken's black and white drawing. I cheated and did mine in photoshop. I goofed around with it over the past few weeks as a distraction from work. As I said before I have always dug coloring these things. It was really cool to get into this one because it is chocked full of details, not to mention all the stuff I like.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

Chongolio!
That looks so incredible! The colors just pop and gives it a nice cool end of the day vibe!Those bleeds are sick! I'm gonna grab this for a screensaver!Did you keep it at 12-colors like the marker set?The tapa styley border is pretty cool too! Thank you for bringing that baby to life! I'm working on a collection of my tiki drawings for a book I'm going to have at my August show.It'll have hundreds of tikis to color if that's one of your things.Mahalo Color-Kahuna!

Now mine really looks like it sucks. Nice work Chongo. I may have to make that my new wallpaper.

Hey Thanks LLT for sharing your art. I can't explain how many memories came floodin' the gates when I was coloring it in. Although, I didn't use a computer back in jr High, the feeling was the same. Total nostalgia from the get go and I felt like little grom ditchin' my chores to do something fun. I didn't limit myself to 12 colors. I just went nutz with all the gradients, filters, colors and dodars that make photoshop so bitchin'

Rodeo- Hey man, if I had the time I would of liked to of used pencils and markers. The 'puter just make it faster and easier for me to work on without having to go out and by pens and clear a space opn my desk. I dig the way yours looks. Much more traditonal and old school. Mine is slick and bright, but missing the hands on feeling that is part of the charm of coloring them things. When you finish, please post a pic wo we can all bask in it!!

Chongolio

Chong,
Don't thank me-thank smogbreather!This is all his idea and guidance!That guy has a mind like a huge personal organizer!How he can manage so much inside an average size head-he must download some of it on zip discs daily!
Totally brought me back to kiddiehood drawing it! I grew up late 60's-early 80's and I remember doing these as a kid and gettin it all tricked out! I was sooooo tempted to put a wizard in that beach scene-or a dragon or mushroom like the ones they used to have! Chongo,You really did cheat but it looks so good that you're off the hook! Totally want to see Rodeo's finished poster done in the ol' school style!Wish I wasn't so busy or I'd color one up! Talk to y'all soon!You guys going to the Catalina Island Tikifest? (1-word answers-don't wanna get this spool off track)I also wanna see Holden's coloring job! Step up! and stay in the lines!

Thanks Holden for the coloring Page! Chongolio, yours is awesome! I sat down with my 6 year old and a box of colored pens and spent a good hour coloring with him. My wife and 9 Year old daughter colored theirs the following day together. What a great Family Project!

My 6 year old, Hayden's page.

My 9 year old, Hannah's page.

My wife did her's in Crayon.

And here is mine. I'll have to try one in Photoshop.

Here's mine (photoshop)...

Nice Rainbow Bleed in the Sky,Smogbreather! I'm glad you're relaxing a bit!

typed in Tiki coloring pages after my 6 year old and her best friend have colored the Mai Kai coloring book about 50 times (thank goodness for scanners) and this was the first hit! This is so great, it will keep them busy for hours.

her little friend thinks Viv is just the coolest because her daddy carves and she got to go to the Mai Kai. Any kid that "gets" it is cool to come over anytime.

RIGHT ON TIKI TROLL!
Holden and I were supposed to do a set of these for sale thru Tiki Farm
but that kinda fizzled after i started on the second one
and he made it into a free coloring page for the chillens...

PM me with your address and I'll send you a few pages from 2 Tiki Coloring Books i had created (and sold out of) in the past few years...

Pages: 1 22 replies